1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official WWE/TNA Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by alen1, Mar 25, 2008.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I'd like to see Ambrose and Rollins have their match.....whoever wins, I don't care....Brock beats Cena.....Rollins runs out to cash in, Ambrose interupts....Brock destorys Ambrose and Rollins, Ambrose gets the worst of it cause Rollins scurries away backstage....Brock destorys Ambrose through a table F-5....Brock is in the ring stomping around, hollaring, pulling the ropes.....wtf....Ambrose is getting up.....hes getting up for more.....he calls Brock out....Lesnar can't believe it.....F-5 outside of the ring.....chair shots....brutal chair shots.....Ambrose keeps groggily trying to stand up....the crowd is crazy....Brock can't ****ing believe this kid is still getting up.....Brock then F-5 again through the other table....Ambrose motionless.

You build Brock as a ****ing monster....brutal monster....Ambrose as a tough psycho badass, and can play the injury off tv awhile angle....and creates mystery for whenever Ambrose sneaks back to attack Rollins when he's done filming

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    That's not bad but would only work if Ambrose is the one to beat Brock at WM, otherwise Ambrose gets taken out by Brock and if he doesn't get his revenge it won't fit his character.

3. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I got the WWE Network last night. I didn't spend too much time on it, yet, but it seems pretty cool. I did watch ECW's first ever PPV just to see how it holds up all of these years later. To be honest, the wrestling was really god awful and all but ONE match had at least one person who is now dead. Literally every single bout was a bummer like that.

Also, I guess I have Summerslam now...

SICK likes this.
  4. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I've watched a few old ECW PPVs and TV episodes and The wrestling doesn't hold up at all.

And unfortunately no matter what you watch outside of anything from like 2010 and on is depressing because of the body counts. I think WM 7 is the worst in that regard. You have at least 2 or 3 matches where everyone in the match is now dead.

Also welcome to the club!

5. Samphin

Yeah, I realize that, but it just hit me last night while watching. Rick Rude, Gran Naniwa, Pitbull #2, Big Dick Dudley, John Kronus, Chris Candido. Just a bummer.

Watching Summerslam 2012 right now, not a great cars, but wanted to see how a "live" stream of their events held up before Summerslam tonight.

Also, Wrestlemania 31 tickets went on sale for the area I live in last night. The secondary market is already insane. General public tickets go in sale in November. I am planning on going, along with heading to The Hall of Fame Ceremony at the SAP Center and WM week at the convention center.

SICK likes this.
  6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I wanna do WM week one time and go to it, that's bucket list for sure.

7. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    As far as the live streams for PPV go usually I've had maybe three or four times where the pictures freezes for 3 or 4 seconds then comes back nothing major. I've heard people have more on xbox or PS but I usually watch it on the iPad or Apple TV.

8. Samphin

I am planning on watching it on my samsung tv. 65" of gloriousness. My backup is the ipad.

Between this and Netflix, traditional tv is basically dead to me. If it wasn't for live sports, I would have no reason for directv any longer. If/when I can find a strong, reliable streaming source for football games through my tv...DTV will be gone.

9. Samphin

Also, I re-watched Austin vs. Hart from WM13. What an amazing match. It might be my favorite match ever, now. Austin's psychology and selling were at its apex in that one, and Hart played is usual, steady self. It is obvious that the double switch was in full effect from the beginning based on the commentary, but man, does it ever still feel organic.

I also re-watched Angle-HBK from Wrestlemania because I remember watching that live and thinking it was the greatest match I have ever seen live. It was still very good, but I think it falls down a bit. I want to watch their re-match though as I remember that being amazing too.

Which got me thinking, what do Orourke consider each wrestler's best match? In terms of quality, importance, etc.

I really do think Austin vs. Hart is Austin's greatest match. A match he lost, by the way. But it essentially catapulted him into superstar mode and the mega babyface that ultimately became one of the best ever.

HBK's is a little harder to pinpoint. The ladder match at Wrestlemania 10 is a defining one, but the IronMan Match against Hart is, as well. And of Orourke, the aforementioned Angle match ups (which didn't really change or define anything) and the Undertaker matches throughout the years (Hell in the Cell, Wrestlemanias, etc.)

For Hart, I would say his Summerslam match against Mr. Perfect, or against Davey Boy Smith at Wembley Stadium are my picks for him.

Hogan against Ultimate Warrior or Andre The Giant. Giant's was more significant of a moment, but the match against Warrior was great.

I do love that I can go back and watch all of these now.

10. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The HBK/Angle match at Vengeance is better if I remember correctly.

As far as HBK's best match that's tough because any of his WM matches with Taker are great as is the first HiTC. Obviously his two ladder matches with Razor are too. HBK vs. Mankind at Mind Games in 96 is great as well as vs. Triple H at SS 2002. A forgotten classic is HBK/Jericho ladder match in 2008 as is his match with Cena the night after WM on Raw is good too. I actually think the wM12 Iron Man match is a bit overrated, it's pretty boring at times.

For Bret probably the WM13 match followed by the Bulldog match. For Hogan either WM 5 vs. Savage or 6 vs. Warrior. The Andre match is more of a moment but as a match in terms of work rate it's pretty bad.

The WM13 Austin/Hart match is a perfect example of how wins/losses don't have to matter if the storyline/match is great and is booked so both guys come off looking strong. That's the big problem with matches today, like tonight's Rollins/Ambrose match was really good but the ending was just so cheap and predictable it hurt it.

11. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    So far a solid SS right now, every match has been pretty good.

Although I didn't need to see Cesaro lose to RVD in the preshow.

12. Samphin

That was the best Lumberjack Match that has ever happened. Really well done. I didn't mind the ending since these two have a long ways to go until they are done.

All of the matches have been really well done. Nikki turning on Brie was predictable but needed in order to squeeze as much juice out of them as they can before Bryan returns.

Here is hoping that Brock kills everything and then grabs a girl, climbs to the top of L.A.'s tallest skyscraper and swats down planes.

13. Samphin

Bold move to book the main event the way they did.

Wow.

14. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Great card. Better than last WM.

Brock Lesnar is my hero.

BTW wwe...you screwed up..i logged in to the shop during the matches to buy the Wyatt Fedora..and...it's out of stock?

A screw up i would say.

15. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Absolutely the right call/match for Brock to have after beating Taker at WM. This is exactly how Lesnar should have been booked from Day 1 of his return. He's an unstoppable heel so when someone (Reigns/Bryan/whoever) finally beats him it will mean something.

16. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Dude...even The Miz' match was good.

Very happy with this show. Rave reviews from me.

17. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Still disagree with the no blood policy...Cena should have been bleeding out of every orifice.

SICK likes this.
  18. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    It really didn't take away from the match though. He bleed at their Extreme Rules PPV from an elbow to the head, which was probably by mistake. In this match Lesnar was German suplexing the hell out of him, you didn't really need blood to sell the beat down. People got the point.

19. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Got to give props to Cena too. Say whatever you want about him but he did a hell of a job tonight. Name another top star that would take that beating with nearly 0 offense and lay down for someone else while losing the WWE title. Yeah Cena's act is old and tired but the guy is a pro and always delivers in big matches.

20. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Fair. But i agree with Stone Cold. Blood sometimes sells the story

21. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It just seems unrealistic for a guy to get destroyed and not bleed.

22. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Oh I agree. The Austin/Hart match at WM13 wouldn't have had the same impact without the blood on Austin's face for example.

Did you see the Lesnar/Cena match tonight? It wouldn't have really fit what was going on in the ring. It wasn't a wild brawl or anything like that. It would have been Cena bleeding just for the sake of him bleeding. Lesnar was toying with Cena the whole match and it was basically German suplex after German suplex. I believe they said Lesnar did 14 of them in the match.

23. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    No, I wasn't talking about this match. Just in general about blood.

24. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Question I have, is who now wants to challenge Lesnar after seeing cena getting destroyed.

25. Samphin

The match needed no color. Not for the offense that Brock was putting out there.

Also, if rumors are to be believed, had Daniel Bryan not been injured, this was the beating he was to take at the hands of Brock. I wonder how the internet would have reacted to that?

And a Reigns is the long term. Solution to the Brock problem. Here is hoping they don't shoot their wad early with it.

In the mean time, you feed Brock guys that he can destroy. Mark Henry, Kane, Cesaro, Sheamus, Big Show and a returning Batista. Let him mow through anyone they put in his path.

You could also have a returning Taker get his ultimate revenge by beating Brock to avenge The Streak AND get one last title. Or maybe feed Sting out there as some sort of ultimate miracle hope spot.

Other options to consider are that of Kurt Angle and Bully (Bubba) Ray who seems to be on the outs with TNA sooner rather than later.

26. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Pretty sure Cena is getting a rematch at Night of Champions. If he doesn't I don't know who else you'd put him up against unless like Samphin said maybe a returning Batista or maybe Orton. Although I absolutely could see a returning Big Show getting that spot because Vince loves to give title shots to Big Show and Kane at least once or twice a year.

Remember NOC is a big PPV for the WWE as a lot of the Network subscriptions are due up soon and the WWE is going to need a hook to get them to reup.

Say whatever you want about the current product but all of the PPVs since the Network started have been solid, even the throwaway ones like Battleground. The wrestlers are really putting on good matches.

Section126 and SICK like this.
  27. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The internet loves Brock so I don't think the backlash wouldn't have been nearly as bad if it was done by Orton or Triple H. Also wasn't the original plans Brock destroying Bryan and then Bryan getting the win and title back at WM? I wonder if the WWE would change plans if Reigns starts to lose steam.

I'd assume Brock still has limited working dates left so maybe you'll get a Brock/Cena at NOC, Brock/Batista at maybe Survivor Series and Brock/Orton at the Rumble. That way Brock runs through the other top guys in the company to make the Reigns or longshot a returning Bryan win that much more meaningful. Another name you can possibly face Brock at NOC could be Jericho though, although everyone knows he's gone in September anyway. Maybe the WWE could bring Rock back for a match at the Rumble too?

Not sure the WWE fans would buy Bubba as a main eventer or if the WWE would sign Kurt to be an in ring worker, he might not be able to pass their physical.

28. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Also sounds like the WWE is going to debut a new WWE World Heavyweight title belt tonight instead of using the two belts. I really hope it looks nice.

SICK likes this.
  29. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Well now with the $12 month option people can just spend $12 if they like the ppvs. Good for only those who just use it for the ppvs

30. Samphin

Jericho is a good thought too. Forgot about him.

And a new title makes sense since they are using the new logo now, company wide. I imagine carrying two belts around is somewhat cumbersome.

Someone else mentioned it, but it would be funny to see Seth Rollins trying to sell off his MitB briefcase, or conveniently leave it behind, only to have people retrieve it for him.

31. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Well, Summer Slam was a total "WIN" for me. What a night. 2 diva matches on one PPV, and neither had me pissed. In fact, AJ/Paige was really good, I love their story.

Ambrose/Rollins lumberjack match was incredible. I agree with Sam, best one I can ever remember. Utilizes the outside wrestlers, good match, and Ambrose really sold hating how he's fighting Rollins with this right here, the story they told was incredible:

http://gfycat.com/UnhappyImprobableAfricanwilddog

Cena deserves props. Being top face, champion, and going out at Summer Slam in a 20 minute squash match takes someone we haven't seen before to accept. Hogan, Austin, HBK, HHH no one....no one agrees to that. Cena did. Really sells how dominating Bork is.

This btw was amazing.

http://gfycat.com/FluffyGivingBlackandtancoonhound

32. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    If you're going to buy every PPV might as well just get the Network for the 6 months at a time and save money. Obviously for big PPVs like the Rumble, WM, SS and maybe MiTB people who don't get the Network will get it for that month. Which is why the WWE will need to make each PPV as good as possible to keep getting people's money which is why the Network is the best and worst for the company as a whole as they are no longer getting the huge revenue from PPVs like they use to.

33. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I totally agree. I do think the network will only improve. I get the 6 months package because $10 is a steal for every ppv. Once they start having content such as every raw, nitro, wwe DVDs and such they will gain more subscribers. Load DVDs with so much extra content that it makes people still buy the DVDs... DVDs... I'm so our dated... Blu ray

34. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I think it would be funny if Rollins comes out tonight while Brock and Heyman are in the ring and takes a look at Brock who is daring him to come in and Rollins just turns around and walks to the back.

The only issue I have with the lumberjack match is it made no sense in terms of Ambrose's character or storyline. The match itself was very good but I think it could have been even better without the lumberjack angle involved.

35. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah exactly. The WWE basically killed their PPV and DVD/Blu Ray market for good.

36. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Btw there's this game on iOS called WWE SuperCard. It's stupid and fun at the same time

37. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC

Rollins walking to the ring to cash in against Brock

[​IMG]

Also, it did make sense for a lumberjack match due to Rollins always fleeing and Ambrose never getting him one on one....the lumberjacks made it so he didn't have to worry about Rollins running from what was coming to him.

38. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    But Ambrose's gimmick is he's a wild/crazy guy that would brawl with you all over the place. Him choosing the lumberjack match restricted him. Even during the match his character was frustrated that he couldn't brawl all over the arena and was stopped by other wrestlers. It would have made more sense if Rollins was the one to choose the lumberjack match. Ambrose's character should have picked a falls count anywhere match or something like that.

39. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Good article on Summer Slam by Scott Keith:

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/s...e-seth-rollins-world-heavyweight-championship

My questions is, I wasn't listening to the audio for that match, did Reigns get that poor of a reaction? Keith makes a good point that if the fans don't get behind Reigns and Bryan does return it could get ugly for Reigns ala Batista last year. I also agree with Keith that the reactions Ambrose is getting perhaps he could be the choosen one against Brock come WM time as fans could buy Ambrose being just crazy enough to beat Brock.

40. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Nah..you know..I liked it. The In Ring story is that Rollins thinks that Ambrose goes "too far" and he would just like a run of the mill 1 fall match. Ambrose knows the refs let him get away with anything, so he will just do what he wants to do, so therefore, to keep Rollins from walking out (he tried to anyway during this match, to sell this point.) he chose a lumberjack match. Either that or a hell in a cell..and the WWE wasn't going to do that.

SICK likes this.