1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official WWE/TNA Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by alen1, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Hmmm.... you could be right. I guess when I saw the report he'd be out 3 months I figured it would be on top of the January return date.

Either way Vince and the WWE has got to stop abusing his wrestlers by making them throw so many pitches each night.

SICK likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    That flying-headbutt knuckle curve was too much on his arm haha

Ray Finkle likes this.
  3. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    To clear up my original post about Daniel Bryan, according to Dave Meltzer :

So yeah he's not out an additional 3 months, I was wrong (for once).

4. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Just watched the first episode of the Monday Night War series and thought it was really well done and very fair. Can't wait to see the other episodes. I do wonder if they will mention the Radicalz coming to the WWF in 2000 and go in depth with it since that was probably the knock out blow of the war and it pretty much ended the Monday night wars for good.

5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Watched it too. I liked it, although I sort of wanted to see more recent, or updated interviews with McMahon and Turner, but maybe that will come later.

I also wanted to hear from other WCW personalities like Sting and a couple of others, but again, probably later in the series. I like how they show the ratings battle to as I remember as a kid reading those ratings in the PWI magazines and eventually, online. It was always fun to see that. I hope they release the coinciding episodes with these shows going forward. It would be fun to watch them in their entirety after the hour long doc.

6. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I think I read somewhere that they tried to get Ted Turner and Bischoff to do more recent interviews but they both said no. I think Bischoff said on Austin's Podcast that he said everything he needed and wanted to say in the original DVD and had nothing more to add. Agree about Vince and maybe we will get more updates from him as the series goes on but yeah I'm sure we will get Sting and Goldberg talking heads in the very least. I was shocked to see Luger so good for the WWE getting him, too bad they didn't get Madusa as it would have been cool to get her side of the belt trashing.

And yeah the ratings thing was such a huge deal on the internet back in the day especially once the nWo thing started. It's really sad watching the doc because Monday nights from 1995 to 2000ish (once the Radicalz jumped Nitro was nearly unwatchable) were so freaking awesome as a wrestling fan and I remember even non wrestling fans would watch RAW and Nitro so they could talk about it at school on Tuesdays, really the peak of wrestling. Nowadays it's almost like work having to struggle through watching RAW for 3 hours.

And Nitros should absolutely have been added by now, poor job by the Network in that regard. At least the first month's worth. They also haven't added any new 1995 RAWs in like 2 weeks now. Really the only negative about the Network is them adding old content at random times.

7. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Smackdown is officially moving to Thursdays on October 2nd. I think this is a good move, Friday night is a poor night for any TV show.

8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Yeah I got too much going on Fridays.....now if they make it ****ing interesting, or continue story-lines, then I will watch on Thursdays, and I am more apt to be home..

9. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I don't blame them for not caring about Smackdown now that they have to do 3 hour RAWs along with The Main Event and Superstars. It's just way too many hours a week for wrestling shows. Making Nitro 3 hours really hurt WCW and they stopped caring about their other programs like Thunder and Saturday Night etc. Wish they would go back to 2 hour RAWs and making Smackdown a show you need to watch again but yeah that won't ever happen again and only will if they make Smackdown live as it being taped takes a lot away from it when you can simply just read the results Tuesday night and decide whether to watch it or not..

SICK likes this.
  10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Heard a rumor they are deciding 2 ways to have night of champions go.....

1) Cena wins, not clean, via some dumb stipulation, run in etc.....so Brock doesnt lose his monster persona, but can be off part time

OR (my favorite)

2) Brock wins again, screws the authority somehow, leaves with the title, and the authority realizes their mistake and needs to get the belt back, building a long program until wrestlemania where Reigns/Bryan/Ambrose/Rollins....someone can get the title back from Brock

11. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I've also heard a third theory which is Paul Heyman turns on Brock and joins a heel Cena. Cena realizes that he need something extra to beat Brock so he goes and asks for Heyman's help. Heyman, because he knows Brock has a limited schedule and thus a limited payday for himself turns on Brock because Cena is the better long term plan/bet. A heel Cena would then add a freshness to his character to try and help sell the Network even more.

I personally hate all #1 and 3 of the "rumored endings". The third one is exactly what happened with Brock and Heyman at Survivor Series 2002 with Heyman joining the Big Show. Plus Brock needs a mouth piece badly as he can't and won't talk himself nor should he. #1 already happened at Extreme Rules 2012 and we don't need to see WWE Champion Cena again and thus would kill Brock's monster push and totally destroy any heat from Brock's win with Undertaker.

#2 makes the most sense I guess but still kind of hope they think of something better.

SICK likes this.
  12. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Old school roll of quarters in his tights (cargo shorts) gimmick. Cenna cheats to win. Makes his character more interesting and starts a slide into heeldom. Cheats more, respects fans less. Not every switch has to be a sudden betrayal.

13. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    For Cena it has to be something big and epic like Hulk Hogan joining the nWo. Non Cena fans/Cena haters have wanted him to turn heel for years so him simply cheating to win (which he kind of already did at Extreme Rules in 2012 with hitting Brock with the chain) isn't going to do anything for him or his character. He'll need to do a complete 180 in order for it to be effective or it will just end up a disaster ala Stone Cold's turn at WM17.

I still don't think it's time to turn Cena heel. He's reportedly still selling 5 times the merch as the #2 guy in the company. Smart fans might not like Cena but the majority of fans will root for him and buy his stuff. I just think Cena needs to tweek his character a bit, maybe change his wrestling gear and attitude a bit to freshen up a bit but nothing major like a heel turn.

14. Samphin

Cena isn't turning heel.

Ever.

15. Samphin

Just have Brock beat Cena again. Maybe you give Cena a little more offense due to him "studying" or whatever, but in the end, Brock wins definitively. You have to give Cena some time off to go find himself, and Brock/Heyman continue to march forward until Wrestlemania.

That is the best outcome.

Actually the best outcome would be to probably have a #1 contenders match be your main event at N.O.C. while Brock sits on some sort of throne, eating lobster without utensils or something, but that won't happen.

SICK likes this.
  16. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Disagree. Definitely not now but once his character starts getting stale as his current target fans get older you pull the trigger just like Hulk Hogan.

17. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Maybe the WWE can have Brock do that for the October PPV to set up the Survivor Series main event, assuming he's working that one.

18. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Cena/Wyatt main event announced for RAW. Don't really understand this one as Cena can't really lose this match and Wyatt is just coming off his Summer Slam win vs. Jericho.

19. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    WWE just tweeted that over 100 hours of Nitro will be available next week. This is a good thing.

20. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Great for me! I am invested in this company now and I think the stock is only going to rise!

21. Samphin

By the way, that was one of the worst RAWs in a long time. That Nikki/Brie segment ranks up there as one of the most embarrassing of all time.

22. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I wish you would have died in the womb Sam.

Samphin likes this.
  23. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah, the only parts of RAW I watched last night was that segment and the last 5 minutes of the Team Cena vs. Wyatt match. My wife walked in and sat down and watched the Bella stuff with me (she watches Total Divas so she knows the Bellas) and kept giving me looks saying "I can't believe you watch this crap". My only response was "sometimes I'm embarassed to be a wrestling fan and this is one of them".

Seriously that Bella thing was simply awful. Whoever pitched that shouldn't have a job anymore. And not only that but the crowd was never into it, even the intros the place was asleep. Hopefully the Bellas never quit their wrestling gig because it's clear they'll never be actresses.

24. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Getting Nervous here guys....

Somebody calm me down, and tell me Cena is not winning at NOC.

25. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Really don't think he's going to win, it would be stupid on just so many levels.

26. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Uhhhh 2010

27. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lolwwecreative

28. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Wow you think his character got stale in 2010? You're being mighty kind.

I think the Cena backlash really started in 2006 or 2007 whatever the year he fought HBK at WM.

But obviously I was talking about when Cena's current fans start to turn on him like they did with Hogan for example.

I would laugh at that but I'm actually really too scared to. You never know when the next "Cena wins the title and will face Orton at the next PPV" will happen.

29. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Some WWE news:

There is concern that Cena is hurt. He's been dealing with both neck and shoulder injuries recently and people have been noticing he isn't moving around as well as he usually does. The WWE is concerned that if the injuries continue to pile up he might need time off and its possible he may decide to pursue his acting career more.

Batista was suppose to return after all of GoG press stuff ended but the WWE isn't sure when he'll be back and if he'll be a full time performer if he does.

There is also talk of turning Goldust and Stardust heel in the next few weeks.

30. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Turning The dust brothers heel is ****ing stupid.

All these injuries piling up is crazy....would love Cena to go the hollywood route though. As a smark that'd be great, for wrestling in general however, I dunno how good it'd be. Unless a few guys step the hell up big time. Austin king of the ring level explosion.

31. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Cena probably should have taken more time off through the years. I think it would have helped his body heal and also help his character not always being around and front and center.

Actually it would have been the perfect time to write Cena off from awhile after the Lesnar Summer Slam match unfortunately because of the Daniel Bryan injury, the serious lack of main event star power on the roster and Brock not being on the show every week the WWE can't really afford to go Cena-less for a long period of time.

32. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I think that already started on RAW. I like it too. Think it fits.

33. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I don't think it's a big deal they turn them. You have the Usos as faces, the Wyatts are pretty much faces now. Apparently Ryback is taking time off for some reason so there's not a lot of heel tag teams now. Plus it's been just about a year when they were really a big deal, they're just there now.

34. Samphin

I don't mind the Dust Brothers as heels, but there really was no reason to do so, either. WWE has a hard time when a face team feuds with another fact team. Always has. I guess they feel it splits the audience.

That being said, I get a big Cesar Romero as Joker vibe from Cody Rhodes these says. If Goldust can channel his inner Riddler/Penguin, i think they may be on to something as a campy, but dangerous, heel team.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Dolph Ziggler gets a decent push (beyond the IC title) due to the injuries at the top of the card on the face side.

35. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    If Brock retains the WWE title at NOC, then leaves until Survivor Series or whenever the heck he'll show up next, I think it's a perfect opportunity to have the IC title and possibly the US title actually mean something as those will be the only titles around since the WWE title won't be.

I'd probably have Cesaro win the US title from Sheamus at NOC, assuming that match will take place and then run a Ziggler/Cesaro IC/US title unifying match at the October PPV with Ziggler going over then having the mid-card heels like Rollins, Bo Dallas maybe even Bray Wyatt challenging Ziggler for the title until Bad News Barrett returns from injury to challenge Ziggler at the Rumble.

Ditto for the tag team titles. The WWE should take a couple of lower mid-card guys and put them in teams and see what they can do. You never know, they might just be able to get over and turn into something useful. In 1997 no one thought that randomly putting Rockabilly or The Real Double J together would turn both guys who were probably a few months away from getting canned into superstars.

I'm not very confident that the WWE will make the IC title or even the tag titles meaningful again but in order to do it they need to keep Ziggler or whoever the champion is strong (i.e. not having him lose to Randy Orton or Cena or other talent in throwaway matches). That way when someone does win the IC title it will be meaningful like it was in the 80s, 90s when guys used it as a stepping stone towards the World title.

This is a real oppportunity for the WWE here but again like I said I'm not confident that it will happen and feel like we talk about this stuff every few months and are always let down.

36. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    [​IMG]

This Pic makes me Smile.

37. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Hey..it turns out that Lana lived several years in Latvia and speaks fluent Russian.

Heh..I thought she was completely gimmicked. Guess not.

38. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Best looking Diva since the Trish/Stacy/Torrie Era?

Honestly I can barely remember any of the newer ones from like 2005 to 2012ish and wouldn't be able to pick them out of a police line up except Mickie James and Gail Kim.

Section126 likes this.
  39. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Easily the best looking Diva.

I was a huge fan of Lita as well.

40. Samphin

Lana had an okay acting career prior to being in the WWE. The legs on that girl are ridiculous. She is a trained dancer, if I am not mistaken. That picture is great, but also makes me want to drug test those two almost immediately.

As far as the titles meaning something again. I kind of think the tag titles have been re-habbed a bit this year. But the era of protecting the secondary title holders is gone. People forget that those guys were showcased against jobbers in the 80's and 90's. You can't really get away with that now. So the inevitable run-in with other, more prominent superstars is going to happen at some point.

But I agree, having Dolph or whoever claim to be the top dog in Brock's absence would be a good way to go, and give the mid-carders some direction. Plus, the eventual payoff of Brock returning and shutting up whoever the loud mouth is, would be hilarious.

Section126 likes this.