1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official WWE/TNA Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by alen1, Mar 25, 2008.

1. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    On another note the money in the bank match looked good as well. At least to me.

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think he will eventually be back when wrestling starts going downhill again but not as a fighter, maybe some mentor stuff. I am not sure, you might wanna ask Samphin or Enforcer, they have good ideas lol.

Ooo. They are terrible imo.

I agree, I thought WM looked good from the highlights they showed.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lucky, 2 more posts.

4. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    For me, it comes down to simple math. Flair is 59 years old. Now is not the time for him to be a full-time performer. Heck, I was watching the Pillman DVD a few weeks ago ("A Flair for the Old") and he was getting ragged on for being old then - in the early 90s. I think he'll always have a place in WWE, and probably take some type of role backstage, but I believe we've seen the last of him in ring.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think this farewell is really great.

6. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    foe shoe.

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Harley Race looked like Donald Trump walking down there haha.

8. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Flair's segment has been better than i could have imagined! the Horseman, Steamboat, Harley Race... wow!

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree. I think this is really good on WWE's part.

10. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I'll be shocked if Piper doesn't show up.

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree.

12. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Doesn't look like he will. That sucks.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I thought they should have brought out the whole roster and surrounded the ring, each one take chances to shake Flair's hand.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Glad to see HBK out there though.

15. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah it's too bad Sting is in TNA, he should really be there as well as Dusty Rhodes, Lex Luger, Macho Man and Hogan.

But hey it's a good moment the WWE did the right thing here.

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Congrats on 900 posts lol.

17. charlestonphan

Mar 22, 2008
    back at the old place, i posted i hated the idea of Michaels being the one to retire Flair, because of who he was in the past... but i could not have been morw wrong. my opinion if HBK has turned 180 degrees after the leadup to Mania and tonite.

18. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Oh snaps didn't notice haha.

19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    There we go.

20. Themole

Themole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    hey guys, my daughter and son in law was down in Orlando last night as guest of The Undertaker & Michelle McCool. Michelle is like my second daughter and is now dating (Mark) Undertaker. He is one class act in person.

21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    haha.:up:

22. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Good they let everyone break character. Thats nice of them.

23. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    My opinion has changed on HBK as well. I know its just a show but I still look at it as reality for some reason lol.

24. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I'm wondering why cena is out there, was he raised around rick flair maybe?

25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Its really sad to see Flair hang it up even though I think he will eventually be back.

26. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Same thing I was thinking when he came out. I was like wtf.

27. charlestonphan

Mar 22, 2008
    with all that has gone wrong in wrestling, and for all Vince's faults, that was as good a send off for the Nature Boy as i could imagine...

he took a clean fall from the current WWE champ last monday in the tag match, and Orton kept the title at mania.

he got to celebrate in the ring with his family tonite, was inducted into the WWE HOF, and wrestled HBK at Mania in a match that looked pretty gut wrenching.

and every wrestler in WWE and the staff also came out to celebrate him. that was so awesome.

now hopefully he gets to walk back stage and punch Eric Bischoff in the face, then it would be the perfect ending.

28. charlestonphan

Mar 22, 2008
    that is pretty cool Mole! i am sure they had an amazing time. let us hear some details when you them.

29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Are you trying to make us jealous?!?!?1

Nah just kidding. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

30. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I agree. I thought that was the perfect ending to a storied career.

31. Themole

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    Will do charleston. They didn't get back to town until 2am this morning. My daughter will be over here tomorrow. wwe, reserved the whole hotel and they could have with them, but with two babies at home they didn't want to be away from them that long. I'll see if she will type y'all up a full report.

charlestonphan and alen1 like this.
  32. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Well since the WWE screwed up with Matt Hardy for the 2039201 time I'm going to go all Samphin right now and say how I'd book Matt Hardy.

What I would have done was have Hardy actually win the MiTB match at WM instead of CM Punk, who the WWE doesn't even view as World Title material and let's be fair he doesn't look anything more than an IC champion. But yes Hardy should have won the MiTB match last night by coming out of nowhere and winning it. Then I would have had Edge/Undertaker end in a draw keeping the title and also keeping the Taker's WM streak alive since he never lost the match.

I would have had Matt Hardy jump Orton just like he did tonight on RAW and actually beat Orton in a non title match clearly. Teasing a Hardy/Orton program at the next PPV.

Then at the match Smackdown I'd have Edge shooting his mouth off saying how he ended the Undertaker's streak blah blah blah. Undertaker comes out and challenges Edge to a match, Edge agrees and they have a match and Edge loses by DQ and injuries the Undertaker at the closing of Smackdown.

On RAW the next week you can have Hardy come out and cut a promo saying how he beat the champion Orton and how he holds his future in his own hands holding the money in the bank case. Have Orton be paranoid all night thinking Hardy is going to cash in, maybe have Orton fight earlier in the night and he tries to leave the arena but Regal stops him saying since Hardy has an open contract Orton has to stay until the end of the night for each and every event Hardy is there for.

Then on the next Smackdown Edge comes out and cuts a promo saying how he took out the Taker, ended his streak (which he didn't so there could be a big blow off match at the next WM if the WWE wants to do it- it's called thinking ahead something the WWE doesn't do), when suddenly the Taker's music plays and Edge looks scared but its just a big joke and its not really the Taker. Edge makes fun of him some more and jumps out of the ring and starts walking up the ramp when Hardy jumps the railing and beats the crap out of him, making him bleed etc.

You have Hardy look like a million bucks because he beat the RAW champ, he looks cool because he punked out Edge out of nowhere. And because of their history you have an instant feud.

Then next Smackdown Hardy cuts a huge shoot promo saying how he can never forget that Edge did to him, how he ruined his life and career, got him fired etc but now Hardy is going to make him pay etc. Hardy can say he took on Orton so he can prove to himself he has what it takes to finally take down Edge and that's why he went after Orton... for practice. Next PPV Hardy/Edge fight and Hardy beats Edge and wins the title. Hardy would be give the title and try to get more over and the WWE can try and build a new talented star. If Hardy fails at least the E can say they tried and can have Edge beat him and have the Undertaker return to get the ratings back.

Let's face it Smackdown is the minor leagues so why not try something different. The fans like Hardy as it is, and I believe the WWE can turn Hardy into the next Shawn Michaels if they really push him and make him look like a star.

But of course no, the WWE blew it again, now the Undertaker will have the Smackdown title and face Umega, Batista and the Big Show and then drop it when he hurts himself again.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
    alen1 likes this.
  33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nice write up and nice ideas. I agree, that would be a better scenery.

SIDE NOTE: Nice avy bro.

Ray Finkle likes this.
  34. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Thanks. It's fresh, new and hey if Hardy falls on his face and the fans don't like it, who cares its on Smackdown.

35. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    undertaker is the best matt hardy is merely a IC type same with his brother
    when they are apart they suck, when they are together they put up some of the best matches

i agree with punk i dont like that guy and the WWE ruined the name of ECW

36. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    well if u had taker's match end in a draw then taker is 16-0-1. imo WWE screwed up a long time ago when they decided to make edge lose in a match where he was hurt so he should of never been in. I think it would of been great to see taker going to WM 15-0 wrestling Edge 5-0 and put streak vs streak, making the fans think maybe taker will lose and pass the torch, as you will to edge and have him start a streak.

37. Themole

Jan 4, 2008
    Palatka Fl.
    I haven't followed wrestling since the days of Eddie Graham :lol: so I had never heard of the Undertaker until he started dating Michelle.

He slips into town quite a bit now. Palatka, being such a small town makes it difficult for them go out much though. The last time they tried it is when Mark was recovering from shoulder surgery. They went to Chili's, someone called the local news paper and it got a little crazy for them. He took it like a champ though. Like I said, he's a regular guy.

38. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I dont know, I wouldn't want to see Taker lose a WM but thats just me. I want to see him go undefeated at WM for his whole career.

39. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    But the Undertaker doesn't need the WWE title to get over or draw fans. Plus he's in his 40's now he won't be wrestling forever. The WWE needs to build new stars.

I see a lot of Shawn Michaels in Matt Hardy, both started out in tag teams. Both had trainwreck partners. Remember Michaels didn't really get heat or over with the crowd until his WM 11 match with Diesel. I think it would be smart for the E to try it with Matt who's never gotten into trouble with management (besides the whole Edge thing) or with drugs. Plus Hardy is extremely creative. I think if they gave him the ball he'd run with it.

40. Biggtyme13

Biggtyme13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sounds great except your forgetting one thing. Matt Hardy SUcks.