Official WWE/TNA Wrestling Thread

9847 replies

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Jan 27, 2014, 08:08 PM

Rey Mysterio's like one of the shortest people on the roster, plus there's quite a difference in skin tone.

And, even if Daniel Bryan donned one of Rey Mysterio's full-body suits, there's too much of a height difference.

SamphinSamphinNew Member
Jan 28, 2014, 12:09 AM

Sort of an odd RAW. Pretty flat, but a couple of decent matches. In fact, I have to give credit to WWE in that the WRESTLING has been pretty spot on and crisp over the past few months. I know a lot of people probably were bored with it, but that Del Rio-Kofi match was actually pretty good from a technical standpoint. Its just that the casual fan has no reason to care about either guy. IT is the perfect example of the WWE right now.

Sort of odd to see them tease a Wyatt-Shield program at the end. The whole match was just a hair off and thus, clunky and awkward. Cena vs. Bray is the endgame, but it seems as if they are going to at least entertain the idea of those two factions going at it.

Someone needs to tell Road Dogg to use his inside voice. I heard every single spot he called out tonight. I guess when you get old, you have to start yelling to hear yourself.

No Punk tonight. And no follow up on the big guy they debuted at RR.

Like I said...sort of odd.

Vengeful OdinVengeful OdinForum Veteran
Jan 28, 2014, 07:20 AM

Official TNA/WWE Wrestling Thread

"Samphin wrote:

Sort of an odd RAW. Pretty flat, but a couple of decent matches. In fact, I have to give credit to WWE in that the WRESTLING has been pretty spot on and crisp over the past few months. I know a lot of people probably were bored with it, but that Del Rio-Kofi match was actually pretty good from a technical standpoint. Its just that the casual fan has no reason to care about either guy. IT is the perfect example of the WWE right now.

Sort of odd to see them tease a Wyatt-Shield program at the end. The whole match was just a hair off and thus, clunky and awkward. Cena vs. Bray is the endgame, but it seems as if they are going to at least entertain the idea of those two factions going at it.

Someone needs to tell Road Dogg to use his inside voice. I heard every single spot he called out tonight. I guess when you get old, you have to start yelling to hear yourself.

No Punk tonight. And no follow up on the big guy they debuted at RR.

Like I said...sort of odd.

That would be Rusev. He's green but has an interesting look.

By the way NXT is the best show that WWE puts out. They typically have 2 ton3 matches with a simple build up and logical pay offs. Plus it's cool to see these guys before they are on the main roster.

As for Raw, meh. I think it's funny that they are trying to use DBry to get cheers for Sheamus and Cena. They will put DBry in the EC but he's not winning anything any time soon. Can't wait for that Orton / Batista match. What a wasted opportunity for WWE.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Jan 28, 2014, 07:36 AM

Yeah certainly an odd RAW, especially with no Punk.

I'm starting to wonder if WM plans will change and we'll get Bryan vs. Triple H instead, since it actually makes more sense than Punk/Triple H. Of course that would leave Punk with nothing to do at WM (maybe he'll face Sheamus?). Maybe we'll get The Shield vs. The Wyatts and Punk vs. Cena at WM?

Elimination Chamber should be interesting though, if Orton leaves with the belt I think the fans will riot.

EDIT: Word is RAW was changed in the afternoon and originally Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be in the opening segment and there were going to be individual single matches to qualify for the Elimination Chamber with Punk being in one of those matches. When Vince changed it to a 3 vs. 3 man match, they held Punk off to continue to sell his beat down from Kane at the Rumble.

And again the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it should be Bryan vs. Triple H at WM as the main event match.

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Jan 28, 2014, 11:02 AM

"Samphin wrote:

Sort of an odd RAW. Pretty flat, but a couple of decent matches. In fact, I have to give credit to WWE in that the WRESTLING has been pretty spot on and crisp over the past few months. I know a lot of people probably were bored with it, but that Del Rio-Kofi match was actually pretty good from a technical standpoint. Its just that the casual fan has no reason to care about either guy. IT is the perfect example of the WWE right now.

Sort of odd to see them tease a Wyatt-Shield program at the end. The whole match was just a hair off and thus, clunky and awkward. Cena vs. Bray is the endgame, but it seems as if they are going to at least entertain the idea of those two factions going at it.

Someone needs to tell Road Dogg to use his inside voice. I heard every single spot he called out tonight. I guess when you get old, you have to start yelling to hear yourself.

No Punk tonight. And no follow up on the big guy they debuted at RR.

Like I said...sort of odd.

Mmmmm. A delicious new video is navigating the webs. The commonality of fat men crying over wrastlin'...yet so different. So gooooood.

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Jan 28, 2014, 12:30 PM

Rumored EC matches besides the WWE title match in the Chamber:

CM Punk vs. Kane
Batista vs. Del Rio
The Shield vs. The Wyatts

All 3 matches make sense.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Jan 28, 2014, 06:35 PM

Official TNA/WWE Wrestling Thread

I don't want Bryan to win at ec because I don't want his moment to be there and not WM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Jan 28, 2014, 09:39 PM

Right now there is serious talk of the WWE title match at WM being Orton vs. Batista vs. Bryan. Or Bryan might win the WWE title at EC and face Batista, that way Bryan as champion would boost the ratings for the next night's RAW and be a good tie in to the WWE Network launch. Apparently the WWE is really worried that if Bryan isn't in the WWE title match the crowd might hijack the event aka the Rumble. No matter what happens Batista will be in the WWE title match at WM because it was in his contract that he would win the Rumble and be in the title match at WM.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Jan 29, 2014, 06:01 AM

Official TNA/WWE Wrestling Thread

The main event will be hijacked if Bryan is not in it. No one cares about Orton/batista

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex44Alex44New Member
Jan 29, 2014, 06:51 AM

"Silverphin wrote:

Rey Mysterio's like one of the shortest people on the roster, plus there's quite a difference in skin tone.

And, even if Daniel Bryan donned one of Rey Mysterio's full-body suits, there's too much of a height difference.

You'd be able to tell on tv I'm sure but I don't know if you'd be able to tell in yhe audience, and it would still be pretty cool.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Jan 29, 2014, 07:24 AM

Updated Elimination Chamber PPV matches via Smackdown tapings:

Warning spoilers

Christian and Antonio Cesario have been added to the EC match

It was also announced that the Wyatts vs. The Shield will take place too.

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Jan 29, 2014, 07:37 AM

HUGE rumors are flying that CM Punk has walked out on the WWE. He apparently told Vince last night he "was going home" and the WWE has taken him off of live events he was scheduled for. He's been unhappy of the direction of his character and the company for awhile now. He still has 6 months left on his contract so who knows if/when he'll be back if he'll be back at all. This doesn't appear to be a work.

If true looks like we are getting Bryan vs. Triple H at WM then.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Jan 29, 2014, 08:25 AM

"Ray Finkle wrote:

HUGE rumors are flying that CM Punk has walked out on the WWE. He apparently told Vince last night he "was going home" and the WWE has taken him off of live events he was scheduled for. He's been unhappy of the direction of his character and the company for awhile now. He still has 6 months left on his contract so who knows if/when he'll be back if he'll be back at all. This doesn't appear to be a work.

If true looks like we are getting Bryan vs. Triple H at WM then.

I don't blame him. I stopped watching for the same ressons he allegedly walked out. They basically buried every wrestler I cared about.

They should have run a long time with a Bryan-Punk fued the same way they did with HHH and The Rock. The Punk-Bryan matches were GREAT.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ether79ether79New Member
Jan 29, 2014, 09:37 AM

"Ray Finkle wrote:

HUGE rumors are flying that CM Punk has walked out on the WWE. He apparently told Vince last night he "was going home" and the WWE has taken him off of live events he was scheduled for. He's been unhappy of the direction of his character and the company for awhile now. He still has 6 months left on his contract so who knows if/when he'll be back if he'll be back at all. This doesn't appear to be a work.

If true looks like we are getting Bryan vs. Triple H at WM then.

Really hoping its a work, not only would it suck, my boy would be devastated. If true I get punks reason and he is completely justified in thinking that way.

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Jan 29, 2014, 10:09 AM

"Alex44 wrote:

I don't blame him. I stopped watching for the same ressons he allegedly walked out. They basically buried every wrestler I cared about.

They should have run a long time with a Bryan-Punk fued the same way they did with HHH and The Rock. The Punk-Bryan matches were GREAT.

"ether79 wrote:

Really hoping its a work, not only would it suck, my boy would be devastated. If true I get punks reason and he is completely justified in thinking that way.

I mean I see both sides. On one hand Punk has been a top guy with the company and been in high profile angles/matches since the summer of 2011. He was WWE Champion for over a year, which is unheard of in the modern era of wrestling. It's not like the company was buring him and they had another high profiled feud in the works with him and Triple H at WM. Plus he was getting paid a lot of money, I believe he was the 3rd highest paying full time wrestler behind Cena and Orton.

On the flip side, the wrestling business isn't easy even if it's "fake". Between the bumps and travel and media appearances etc he's probably frustrated and burnt out. As fans we really have no clue how hard the business is, especially for a top guy. Maybe he just needs a break for it all to rest up and recharge and reset.

I hope he comes back too.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2014, 10:10 AM

Ironically Punk may show up next year, hungry and get a WM shot.....pushing down some full time guy haha

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Jan 29, 2014, 10:18 AM

"SICK wrote:

Ironically Punk may show up next year, hungry and get a WM shot.....pushing down some full time guy haha

Haha well that's the running joke going on right now.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jan 29, 2014, 10:21 AM

"Ray Finkle wrote:

Haha well that's the running joke going on right now.

If I were him the bell would ring, I'd let down and let Bryan or whomever pin 1...2..3...

Montreal screw job wrestlemania style.

He wouldnt however, because Main eventing WM is his dream still.....but man what a shock that'd be.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Jan 29, 2014, 11:36 AM

Official TNA/WWE Wrestling Thread

Poor fink, I know he was looking forward for punk/kane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Jan 29, 2014, 11:39 AM

"Jt0323 wrote:

Poor fink, I know he was looking forward for punk/kane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha.

Kane has been the least of my problems with the WWE lately. In fact Kane really hasn't annoyed me in a long time, ever since he was put in a tag team with Bryan mainly because it kept him out of the main event/WWE title picture. Now if only the same thing can happen to Orton, Big Show, Sheamus and Del Rio I'll be even happier.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Jan 29, 2014, 11:39 AM

Official TNA/WWE Wrestling Thread

Funniest thing I read "just get huncio to play punk"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Jan 29, 2014, 11:40 AM

"Jt0323 wrote:

Funniest thing I read "just get huncio to play punk"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty good one too.

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Jan 29, 2014, 11:41 AM

I guess Jimmy Snuka and Matt Hardy are some of the few happy people about this CM Punk news.... as it draws less attention away from them.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Jan 29, 2014, 11:42 AM

Official TNA/WWE Wrestling Thread

Isn't he dating AJ? Can't be good for her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Jan 29, 2014, 11:44 AM

Official TNA/WWE Wrestling Thread

I'm just pissed now we have to see Bryan/HHH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk