1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offseason Program reduces injuries

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DOLFANMIKE, Sep 28, 2008.

1. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    "The Dolphins hope a new weightlifting program will keep them healthier throughout the season"

There is a great article on how Miami's philosophy on how the weight training program (In season and Off season) is key aspect in keeping healthy and in football shape.

Miami Dolphins working to reduce number of injuries

Parcells philosophy:
    "Parcells -- and most who have worked for him -- believes injuries aren't just a matter of misfortune. They also can be a matter of inadequate preparation."

Sparano:
    ''Injuries are a way to lose in our league,'' coach Tony Sparano said. ``The teams that get injured, the teams that are hurt a bunch, the players that don't practice, all of those things, it's hard to recover from those type of things.''

Y. Bell:
    ''Injuries are going to happen,'' safety Yeremiah Bell said. ``You can't say when it's going to happen, and you can't always stop it. But I honestly think, with this weightlifting program, it prepares your body more to play a full season.''

Sounds like our current Front Office, Coaches, and players all see some value in having a year round Speed and Strength program. Anybody that is going to be a part of this team will have to go in understanding its a big part of who we are.

Enjoy the read. It's almost like some of these local writers read our board. We were just discussing this on the Jason Taylor injury thread.

2. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    Did parcells refer to himself in the third person??

3. DOLFANMIKE

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    No, thats a quote from the article on Parcells and those that have worked for him attitude about training.

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Interesting read. We're early into the season tho...but conditioning year round makes a difference, particularly with the older guys...

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

yeah buddy. it's the "Bill Parcells I'm Going To Get Your *** Into Shape And Keep You From Getting Injured Weight Program".

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I think its quite obvious so far that this new program has helped reduce injuries. Aside from Thomas, we havent really lost anyone. Also I think its obvious on the field as well. Our guys are actually out there, playing at 100% through the full 60 minutes. I havent noticed too many instances where our guys look completely gassed out there. Its nice to see.

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  7. DOLFANMIKE

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I agree. It's nice not to be worrying about injuries all the time or seeing us fall apart late in games. I hope it holds out this way throughout the season.

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

IMO this new conditioning program obviously works and I think it is an integral part of Parcells' success, and will make a huge difference for us as more & more of this team buys into it.

This will both win games for us in many 4th Qtr situations, but will also give us back that S. Florida heat advantage we used to enjoy in September & October games.