1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohio State vs USC

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by dolphinfn3454, Sep 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol well you did make that mock a while ago. Pettigrew wasn't as a big name as he is now. Hey, it still looks good to me lol.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    RS So?

3. Get Up And Go

Get Up And Go New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Nope, just SO

4. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Lol. Yeah I'll do one oct 1st and see how it changes then do another jan 1st to see how much it changes again then the last one sometime in april. I wonder if i will have any of the players from the original left when i do that one lol. How's Harris looking so far. I havent caught a Miami game yet

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Adam or whoever has watched tape on Selvie, what are your thoughts on Selvie and his use of his hands? I've spent about three hours watching tape on Selvie and still don't know what to make of his use of hands. He has trouble against stronger offensive linemen such as Pedro Sosa. He was blanketed by Sosa. But then he faced Digger Bujnoch of Cincinnati and he had trouble because Bujnoch wasn't a real Tackle (played TE) so Bujnoch had quickness. It seems that he has trouble shedding blockers because once stronger/bigger linemen get his hands on him, he's done. Example is Sosa again. He only has the speed rush and bullrush moves. What are your guys thoughts on his hands?

6. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Stitches and Get Up And Go like this.
  7. Get Up And Go

Get Up And Go New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    You are right:up::sad:

The page about him on Gatorzone.com wasn't updated.

King Felix likes this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I've read several sites that he was a Junior as well.

EDIT: Just saw your post lol. Nevermind.

9. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    In a keg somewhere.

You got my support. Though I guess it hasn't done very well today. Still could be worse. One of the guys over here not only had UCLA lose and Ohio State lose but he also lost his house in Galveston.

Forget the suicide watch for Vince Young, who do we got heading for Maj's house? :shifty:

Dumb as a brick (see U$C cheerleader celebrating a Texas TD and another one celebrating a UCLA TD) but hey, whores gotta come from somewhere and a $40k tuition isn't easily paid off working at McDonalds alone. :tongue2:

I'd switch to DirecTV if their introductory prices were their permanent ones. TW may have pretty fast internet here but the TV quality is horrible. Only 14 HD channels.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  10. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    That Rutgers game was probably his worst from the ones I seen. Never saw the Cincy game though. Has alot of technique work ahead of him. Basically he's the raw clay that if your coach is Michaelangelo can produce a work of art. He has the best burst in college right now. He can dip his shoulder to get around the Tackle. He uses that more than his hands on pass rush. His hands are alright but could be improved. His best trait however is he seems to be a playmaker. He has a feel for the game. His negatives: Lacks a counter move or inside move. In a way lacks any moves other than the speed rush around the end. Is susceptible to counter plays due to his all out pursuit. Question marks surround whether he can transition to 3-4 and drop back in coverage. Athletically he shjould be able to but its just a guess at this point.

Basically the guy is a bit risky in that if he cant learn anything he will be stifled in the NFL. But he has all the raw tools to be one of the best 3-4 OLBs if he's coachable. Character reports will be huge with this guy. I dont have any on him so I'll be looking for those. I want to know how coachable he is.

In a 4-3 the guy reminds me of Dwight Freeney. In a 3-4 he could be Lawrence Taylorish. But he does carry a little more risk than I am usually comfortable with. Right now I;m willing to make an exception due to his freakish athleticism.

11. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i have directv. it is awesome usually, but i just dont get how non-hd got so bad. its gotta be a conspiracy.

12. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Well that drubbing was fun.......

Like I said its no chame to go to the #1 team in the country's house and lose, but you cant look like shnit every big game and expect to be respected around the country. I wasnt all that confident to begin with because Boeckman is a joke.

Bottom line though in reality a loss is a loss no matter what the score, and we just gotta take care of buisness vs. PSU,Wisky,and Illinois then were back to a BCS bowl.

Take it for what it is if we win the conference and our bowl game I will be happy with the season, mostly because we have a stud at QB waiting in the wings. The world has not ended Buckeye fans just our Nat'l title hopes...but really do you wanna go through this again?

13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    18 basic ones for me, not that that is all that impressive. :no:

14. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Probably is. Sells more HDTV's I guess.

They actually had USAHD, CNBC HD, BravoHD, and MSNBCHD as well as 3 specialty Olympics HD channels for the Olympics only. Basically crushed my hopes that they'd stick around after the Olympics. I really don't understand why.

15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I saw those same negatives watching film. I like him but I do have the same questions that you have after watching film. About him similar to Freeney in the 34, I had that written on my first scouting report but he's not as fast as Freeney. He is explosive but overall speed. Freeney ran a 4.48 coming out. However, they do both have the burst off the edge. This is latest the scouting report I made from watching film of Selvie:

Potential First Round Picks For Miami Dolphins In 2009:

George Selvie, DE/OLB, USF - 6’4, 245 lbs, 4.72 forty

Strengths: Quick player that is also explosive off the edge. He has a high motor. He had numerous tackles behind the line of scrimmage at USF. Has a good feel for the game. Potential. Has the ability to play OLB in a 34 scheme. Can run down players from behind. Strong work ethic. Great character.

Weaknesses: Stronger offensive linemen. Went up against Pedro Sosa, whose quick and strong, and got manhandled. Against Digger Bujnoch of Cincinnati, whose a quicker LT but lighter at 285, he had trouble getting around him with the speed rush and couldn’t shed the blocker. Had 2 sacks against UConn in 07 but struggled in the game as well with the bigger Tackle. Has trouble gaining weight which he may be asked to do if he gets drafted to play Defensive End. Lack of multiple pass-rush moves. Needs to improve his hands. He doesn't use them much. He sometimes bulrushes the Tackle but can be taken completely out of a play once a bigger Tackle gets his hands on him. Over-pursues at times. Questions about him in coverage due to not playing much of it at USF.

Overview
    : Selvie is a raw and explosive player that made a living in the backfield of opposing offenses with his speed. He has trouble against stronger offensive linemen, needs to work on run support and needs to learn how to use his hands better. Too light for a DE but has little-to-no experience in coverage as a OLB. Has a lot of potential. Top ten pick in next years NFL draft.