1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***oklahoma city thunder march to respectability thread****

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by unluckyluciano, Oct 30, 2009.

1. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    so the season has started, so far 1-0. Steadily beating detroit right now. heres to a season by myself where we finally get back to respectable. :up:

vmarcilfan75 and alen1 like this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    A lot of sick talent on the team and a lot of young ones, which I think will hurt them this year in late game situations. I expect Kevin Durant to blow up this year and I'm a big fan of Russell Westbrook. I still think it's absolute crap they moved them out of Seattle but what can you do?

unluckyluciano likes this.
  3. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah ive been a fan since seattle. so I was conflicted about going with the thunder. durant though is a beast, he won me over.

we won. 2-0. been awhile since thats happened lol

alen1 likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nice, congrats! The month of November should be telling as to where they are in their development as a team. They've got the Lakers twice, Portland once, Orlando twice, San Antonio once, Miami once and Utah once.

5. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    thanks.
    yeah i would hope we'd be a mid tier team after this year. good thing is we are young as ****. hardens coming off the bench. had like 5 points not bad. durant something like 20 points 10 rebounds. :up:

alen1 likes this.
  6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Westbrook is an animal, that round 11 pick in my keeper league will be paying off for years. Nothing needs to be said about Durant and Jeff Green...solid core to build around. Sefolosha is a very solid defensive stopper type. They have a lot of key pieces.

That said, wtf was that crap tonight vs Portland. Man did they poop the bed. No one showed up besides Westbrook.

7. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah i dont know what happened to them against portland. it looks like brandon roy wasnt even himself that night. also looks like durant sucked it up. heres to hoping we beat la lakers tomorrow.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't know what happened tonight with OKC but I've gotta say, your boy Gallinari is lights out shooting. What a beautiful stroke.

Boik14 likes this.
  9. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    wtf stop hijacking my thread!

Boik14 likes this.
  10. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    what sport is this? shuffleboard league? curling?

11. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    the way the thunder have been might as well be. :pity:

12. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    westbrooks the man
    loved watching him at UCLA. YouTube him and see some nice In your face dunks
    Posted via Mobile Device

13. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Of course when you say that he goes out and bricks a 2-9 outing :no:
    Hes going to be a tremendous player. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if he goes out and averages 20PPG-7Rebs-5Ast this year. Part of it is D'Antoni's offense is such a stat friendly system but the other part of it is he is tailor made for such a system. D'Antoni played with Gallinari's dad at one point in their careers and I think knew this. There's only three deficiencies I see with him. one is he has to get better on defense. Two is he cannot be gun-shy. He is an offensive player, he has to have that mindset. Both of those things will come with age. The third is he generally drives left because he cant get the first step to the baseline which I dont know if that is as correctable as the first two since its more to do with general footspeed and that will never be a strength for him. But he plays a very unselfish game and man, he can really drain the jumper.
    Blah blah blah would you like some whine with that cheese? :tongue2:

alen1 likes this.