1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OL: According To Football Outsiders /ESPN

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phoenician Fan, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Phoenician Fan

Phoenician Fan Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Could have been worse I guess.

Looks like our guys have a long way to go.

I'm thinking our coaches can get these guys into the middle pack.

How much improvement can we really expect?

Do you guys see anybody getting benched in favor of another player on our roster?

I have never liked the Will Yeatman project, but if he can't play just as well as what Tyson Clabo is; what's the point of having him on the team?

31st in pass protection is pretty rock bottom. Good ole Jacksonville has kept off the cellar floor so far.

2. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm not particularly impressed with Football Outsiders the more and more I look into them. They offer stats that other sites don't which are valuable, but their editorials are generally bad and their stats are frequently obtuse and rely too heavily on formula. PFF is eating their lunch for good reason.

Da 'Fins and Boik14 like this.
  3. CantinaJack

CantinaJack New Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Washington DC
    Ok, I'll be the first to admit it... I didnt get that chart. Granted I havent had my coffee yet, and I didnt sleep much last night. That coupled with the fact that I'm not very bright in the first place, and I have the attention span of ......

Fin D likes this.
  4. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    No matter how good or bad your line is, you have a best player at each line position. Those players are starting. Then, you have a next best player or group of players if one of your starters goes down. Will Yeatman is one of those next best players that we have. That is the point of having him on the team. Believe it or not, we cut players that the coaches thought weren't as valuable as him.

5. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I watched the Coaches Film on Game Rewind for the 1st half of the Colts game yesterday and I thought the OL did a really good job overall. They did have a bad 2nd half. Haven't looked at that yet from the coaches film section (too busy). Hopefully they can put together a whole game and continue to improve each week.

6. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    I also noticed that Miami is 5th in the "Overall Team Efficiency" category FWIW, with only Denver, Seattle, KC, and Green Bay ahead of us.