1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omar: Dolphins will "likely" be players for Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vendigo, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    As per Omar Kelly's twitter:

MrClean likes this.
  2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Just saw that too, kinda scary to think what a desparate GM might do? I just pray it won't be ours.

3. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Henne, Moore and Pryor....guess the notion that we are getting real competition for Henne wasn't really accurate. Pryor isn't a bad athlete to maybe let come into camp to compete for a role on the team but I don't want anything to do with him at Qb. I'm kind of shocked at lack of alarm in our front office going into a season with not one proven Qb on the roster. We have to play the Jest and Pats twice a year, this division is tough. Just hoping Henne will improve is not improving the position. Moore isn't improving the position, he's not any better than Thigpen, and if we bring in Pryor as well? I mean this is how front offices get fired.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Recently heard a report that he can't enter Supplemental draft and its unlikely there will be a supplemental draft because of that.

5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Hope so. Pryor is a long way from pretending to be an NFL-caliber backup QB.

Clipse likes this.
  6. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I thought there was another player or 2 who applied.

7. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I'm slowly starting to turn on this regime.

8. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Why, because Omar says we 'might' be interested?

Just like we were supposedly hot for Vince Young this summer when it turned out the Dolphins simply did their due diligence on him.

We'll find out, but keep in mind that some information is leaked intentionally.

9. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Pryor's an amazing athlete! I don't like him at QB either, but come on. Not a bad athlete?!?! That's like saying "Jake Long's not a pushover" or "Brandon Marshall isn't weak".

MrClean likes this.
  10. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I know a RB from Georgia did. Caleb King? That RB and Pryor were the only two players I was aware of though.

11. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I know, I should take some things with a grain of salt.
    I probably should have said, "If we take Pryor, I will slowly start to turn on this regime."
    But it's not just this.
    It's the lack of concern about the QB position, or the contentment with a Henne/Moore combo.
    it's the apparent contentment with Brian Hartline as a #2 WR.
    It's the apparent belief in Reggie Bush as a every down back, and I like the Bush acquisition, but not if they are gonaa use him like that.
    As of now I'm still on board, but I'm still waiting for all these big moves we were promised.

12. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    LULZ @ Omar reporting this when Pryor was determined ineligible for the supplemental draft last week.

13. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I think he'll be eligible

14. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    For our sake let's hope the NFL rules him ineligible. Florio says people in the NCAA are pressuring the NFL not to let him enter the Supplemental Draft. I would think they would oblige the NCAA. The NFL needs NCAA cooperation a lot more than the NCAA needs NFL cooperation.

15. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Whaddya mean?

16. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    You know, i think Pryor is a better option than Moore honestly....thats just me.

17. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

What message would it send the locker room and fans if we signed Pryor?

Certainly not hope or excitement.

Not for me anyways.

"Honor the code." lol. What a joke.

18. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Jesus, I of all people know he cant throw for shnit...but its a low risk 5th or lower I assume. You never know who will turn the corner at the next level with the right coaching. He isnt a troublemaker, most college kids break rules rather you want to believe it or not so its not like were wagering much here.

No need to overreact folks, there areplenty of REAL reasons to dislike this regime.

19. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Here we go again...it's the chicken/egg thing...is Ireland to blame for not giving Sparano the tools or is Sparano not pushing to get the right tools/use the tools the right way or is Ross undermining all of them to hedge his bets for Cowher next year ?? Just a thought, but it could be....

20. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    What's that Jimmy Buffet line..... If we couldn't laugh we'd all cry?

Good thing is that this "news" is coming from our S. FL. "sports journalists".
    We all know how great they are!

21. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

Shut the **** up, Omar!

PhinsRDbest likes this.
  22. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    You assume way too much.
    - You assume there's lack of concern about the QB position, or the contentment with a Henne/Moore combo. when it looks like they just don't want to overcommit to only a modest upgrade in Orton.
    - You assume the apparent contentment with Brian Hartline as a #2 WR - although this one I'm willing to give you. And IMO, Hartline is our #3 WR, Bess is our #2, which makes the decision more palatable.
    - You assume the apparent belief in Reggie Bush as a every down back. They just paid a lot of money for this guy, they are trying to appease Bush and the fans and the owner. I will bet good money they don't use him as everydown back. It's all wordplay.

23. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Hopefully you are right and I am wrong.

24. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Please no. we already have matt moore we dont need any other really bad qb