1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omar Kelly Tweets need to have filter

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Somebody needs to tell him to set up a separate account so we all aren't held hostage to his private tweets...

- Please do not link to profanity. Thanks -

2. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Agreed. Drop all the music references and bible quotes.

3. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    It's his twitter account. If you don't want to hear about his non-football related stuff, then don't follow.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This. I unfollowed him months ago, mainly because he's such a self-important jerk.

unifiedtheory, TiP54 and NaboCane like this.
  5. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Dude, I follow the twitter feed on Phins.com, or should I say scan the feed.

MrClean likes this.
  6. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    This exactly. Unfollowed him and he think he is more than he is.

7. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    At least he doesn't splice politics into it. Ugh.

- sent from my EVO 3D via Tapatalk -

padre31 likes this.
  8. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Exactly. Same here.

Pandarilla likes this.
  9. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Frayser. :pity:

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I like OmarK's stuff, I get up early and he is already on the grind, if one no likey, no follow, I dropped Volin for awhile simply because he is a snot and rubs me the complete wrong way...should I start a thread?

Steve-Mo and steveincolorado like this.
  11. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Dont go hijacking this thread.......lol

12. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Yeah me too, and all his non football crap tweets are included there with all the other writers and media type tweets. If you want to see what Mandy, Volin and Darlington got to say, you have to scroll through Omar's tweets, talking about his kids toys, quoting from his chosen religion's holy book, etc. No choice other than not reading any of them.

Pandarilla likes this.
  13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sure there is, join twitter yourself and follow or unfollow whomever one may wish to hear from.

14. jinx

jinx Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I don't mind Omar. He is a self-important jerk sometimes, but he interacts with fans more than any of the other Dolphins' beat writers. I just scroll through all the non-Dolphins stuff.

15. MrClean

I do not have or want to have one of those twitter gadgets. I doubt it would be free to get tweets sent half way around the world would it? I'm not even sure if twitter is available here.

Paul 13 and Alex13 like this.
  16. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    That's just it Padre, he's got a legitimate angle/opinion. 2/3 of it is propaganda about his children or the Bible, and I will **** a reservoir of blood before I let in-focus playa (see photo) become my spiritual guide and or nanny. Effin' self promotin' douche..No, No.. eff him... Ni**a's got more whack to him than Deion, in his prime... I didn't sign up for dumb ***, alpha douche wannabe... Just cut the ****! Effin' a-hole...

MrClean likes this.
  17. MrClean

I'd fist pump you 50 times for that post, if it were allowed.

Pandarilla likes this.
  18. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    It's Omar, your first mistake was following him on Twitter to begin with. Never has anyone mistakenly thought so highly of one's self.

19. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Dude, he's been hijacking the Phins.com twitter feed for I don't know how long...Who the hell would choose to follow Omar Kelly on twitter?

Just get another account for his extemporaneous tweets...**** my ***!

20. MrClean

You ever watch him on video with Andrew Carter? Ever seen such hero worship? Andrew acts like the sun rises and sets from Omar's ***.

Den54 and Pandarilla like this.
  21. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I know! Andrew is totally kissing his *** before he feels comfortable. Then no more douchebag frat boy/legacy symbol...I think young Andrew will at least offer something fresh, he doesn't look stupid at all. I'm calling it right now, Carter will totally snap on Omar the moment he achieves singularity...:chuckle:

MrClean likes this.
  22. MrClean

Andrew the other day, was talking about knowing how it feels for the current players to be cut and having to turn in your playbook, because he got cut from his high school team. :lol: Priceless!
    When I was a kid btw, nobody got cut from the high school team. Maybe ya would not play much in games, but at least you could still stand on the sidelines in a uniform and helmet and look cool. :up:

Paul 13 likes this.
  23. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Okay, okay..I've gone too far. I don't hate Omar one iota. It unnecessarily affects my mind is all, My mind just wants to have things streamlined, focused and insightful. His view is primary but annoyingly questionable due to the stupid **** he puts in the football feed (God, I feel like I must be projecting at this point, LOL).

MrClean likes this.
  24. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Yeah, dude, I know how they think about him (STFU Andrew!)...

BTW-Standing on the sidelines and trying to look cool was my job in sophomore year at Ohio. Coach in Ohio didn't want me to launch at people, I never went at anyone's knees, ever.

25. Donohue

Donohue I nailed Oprah.

Aug 2, 2011
    I do think it's funny how Andrew Carter always holds the mic for Omar, despite the fact that Omar does 90% of the talking. Before long, I expect to see Omar show up wearing a crown and a robe while Andrew Carter wears a hat with little bells on it.

MrClean and Pandarilla like this.
  26. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Thing is, Dolphins writers' workdays start at 6 am and run until 8 pm, if not later, to keep people engaged they have to tweet something just from a practical standpoint.

One example is Chris Perkins, he is riding herd for Fox Sports Florida, he rarely tweets, but he is a good writer, have you ever heard of him?

Probably not, he had an excellent article on the increase in speed and tempo by the offense and defense with quotes from Dansby and Hartline in it, yet no one has bothered to post it because...few have really heard of him..

Pandarilla likes this.
  27. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I guess this means you're not a fan of Omar ?? You should get rid of some of that hostility and tell us how you really feel....hehehe

Pandarilla likes this.
  28. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Posts removed. Thread closed.

We can discuss whether or not things should be in a Twitter feed. But it does not need to go beyond that. And we're not going to denigrate other people's beliefs either.

Paul 13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.