1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On a Fine Line to Reach Playoffs

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Titans remain AFC's only lock to reach postseason

On a fine line

Miami (6-4, tied for second AFC East): The Wildcats are looking like a wild card. Miami has just two remaining home games, none being more crucial than Sunday's matchup against New England. A Dolphins victory and season sweep, would actually give them a two-game edge over the Patriots (6-4) because of the tie-breaker. Efficient quarterback Chad Pennington, the two-headed tailback tandem of Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown and a defense that hasn't allowed more than 19 points in any of its past four games signals Miami could be built for more than just getting into postseason play. From one win in 2007 to possibly at least one win in the playoffs. It could happen.

The article also lists strength of schedule remaining to be played as well.:wink2:

2. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Oh how that chart will change after this week's games! nice article FFIC.

Man we need a huge win this week.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  3. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    If you watch the total Access video embedded in that article we get no respect from Deion and Marshall Faulk, who basically laughed when Mariucci said he considered picking the Fins to make the playoffs.

Eisen then tried to goad somebody into picking us by going to the schedule, previous win over NE but nobody was buying.

4. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    We need the Titans to win two big games for us against the Jets & Colts. Need the Steelers to beat the Pats & Ravens.

I see Indy having 2-3 potential losses the rest of the season to knock them out of the race.

The Broncos could go a long way towards helping us if they can take out the Jets & Bills

Luckily for us a lot of the teams still fighting for the last spots play each other so if Miami can take care of business they should be able to control their own destiny this season.

Am I the only one that is still a little numb about talking Dolphins playoffs?

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  5. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    If you asked me, I say ... Wait. The last two weeks were way too close for us. Were we playing down, or are we barely that good. Beat NE at home then we can Really talk.

6. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    Win this week, then talk playoffs. A loss this week is devastating to our chances.

BrazForPhins likes this.
  7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think that 'taking care of our own thing' will go a long way towards the development of this mentally tough image Sparano and co. are putting in place... We first have to take care of the pasties, which won't be too easy. They are waiting for the rematch and will be ready to not get burned like they were in our first game with them...but we can beat them. While we won't have the advantage of the Wildcat, like we did in our first meeting, our D has improved a lot since that game. The question is can Sparano out coach BB again ?? That's a tough road to hoe....

Of course, the biggest test, to me is if we beat NE, how will the team respond the following week against the Rams, a team we should, by all indications, beat...If they can hold off on the kool-aid until, say February, we'll all be happy...

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well..sort of devastating, we have our own game to win, but we also can be helped out by other games as well, this is the first game in what effectively is a 6 game season for us, we still have the Jets on the schedule and the Ravens have a tough game.

Should be fun though, can we be New Orleans from 2006?

9. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I would cry with joy if we became the New Orleans of 2006.

When the Saints beat Philly in the Dome to make it to the NFC Championship Game, the city of New Orleans partied like most cities do when they win the Superbowl.

I like our chances this Sunday and I like our playoff chances.

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    :hi5:

:up:

There are a few similiarities.

11. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    We don't quite have their explosiveness but our "D" is better

12. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    JD... look at the whole picture of the last 2 games...

Its not like we did not score on Offense or stopped them on Defense... I believe this is what everyone is overlooking when they say we play down to the competition...

With Seattle, we lost 7 points on a KO return penatly. Boom it was taken away just like that... We also gave them 7 points on a Chad pick 6...

Take our mistakes that cost us (really costus)... that game barring any mistakes... Oak 12, Miami 28...

Seattle...well we gave them9 points (safety and TD on punt return)... even spotting them the missing FG, they would have had only 9 points (minus TD and safety) the score would have been...

Oak 9...Miami 17...

13. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    That article says the Broncos have a better shot at making the playoffs than Miami. They have the same record and Miami owns the tiebreaker. :lol:

14. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Well as long as Denver wins the Division, which is likely... with KC, Oak, and SD, who do you think will win it???

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Ronnie and Ricky and Cobbs are better then McAlister and Bush though, and Ginn can be more explosive then Colston or Horn, Colston is similiar to Ginn, and Greg C and Horn or close as well, but Horn was a better player at that point in time.

Brees and Chad P had mirror image effects on their teams.:up:

16. mhwolfgang

mhwolfgang New Member

Nov 19, 2008
    This is a crucial game for both the Pats chances to make the playoffs. It's not going to be a cakewalk for either team.

17. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Forgot about winning the division.