1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Song Recommendation

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Galant, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    A little game, have a think of a single band or musical artist and think about the ONE song you would want to recommend for that band/artist. If they're not on the list add them and the song. If they are on the list just add the song on the next line down. If the song is already there too then you can support that recommendation by adding a + after it instead of adding a new one, but do not post the same song twice.

Each user can only post ONE song per artist (so if you're a fan of one band you'll just have to pick the ONE song you'd want to recommend for them).

Also, instead of posting video links (which could make for massively long posts and threads), write the name of the band and/or song, and then if you like, make it a hyper-link. If you want to help someone else out by hyper-linking someone else's song name, go ahead whenever you add something yourself.

Copy the list/Reply to the post above, and then add on a song for that band etc.

LIST
    Genesis: I Can't Dance

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Not sure if doing it right but here goes:

Genesis - Illegal Alien
    Los Lobos - One Time, One Night

Galant likes this.
  3. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Almost.

Copy the previous list and add to it.

4. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    LIST
    Genesis: I Can't Dance / Illegal Alien
    Los Lobos: One Time, One Night

5. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Also, add a reason for the recommendation if you like.

6. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Dave Matthews Band: Seek Up

Foo Fighters: The Sky Is a Neighborhood

7. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
  8. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  9. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    @adamprez2003 the Los Lobos track - just a favourite or is there a story behind that one?

10. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    It's a favorite but I think it captures the essence of theband early in their career which was my favorite period. They were a band that started playing traditional Mexican folk music but eventually, being influenced by groups like The Band, evolved their sound to be a mix of Mexican folk, jazz, rock, tex mex, blues. Early in their career they were more rock, which is the period this song comes from. One of the things that seperates this band from many is the quality of their lyrics. This is such a song though its.often misunderstood. People think it trashes America because it highlights the people that have had terrible things happen to them but all the examples are things that happen everywhere. It also has a line that I think sums up the band since few know who they are, very underappreciated.......

WE write the songs that no one sings
    On a cold dark stone where a lasting peace will finally bring

Galant likes this.
  11. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Another one from me... come on guys, I know there are a lot of music lovers on here, share your one recommendation for any band or artist:

Genesis: I Can't Dance
    Illegal Alien
    Los Lobos: One Time, One Night
    Dave Matthews Band: Seek Up
    Foo Fighters: The Sky Is a Neighborhood
    Dire Straights: Sultans of Swing
    Ludovico Einaudi: Divenire (Classical piece here. Einaudi has had something of a surge in popularity - maybe due to his music featuring in some movies - the Italian pianist and composer, who's still putting out great music, writes what some consider more simplified/accessible music along classical lines. Whatever the case, this piece is one of his more well known pieces and it's a solid favourite of mine. Incredible combination of feelings here - peace, beauty, and moments of incredible force, the whole thing is full of energy. If you want a playlist of 'motivational classical music' stick this one on it. Love it. Could be a gateway drug into the world of Einaudi.)