One thing to think about
32 replies
Is what FA would want to play for the fins right now. Think about that. Also if you change coaches again.
I think you are going to have to pay alot more money than other teams will have to in order to get a player down there.
So look at the FA you want and I think you will have to over pay every one of them. Not to mention your own FA I am not sure how many you will be able to sign on a home town discount.
hey this is Miami, we got the girls and nightlife to bring anyone down here.
"Carabinieri44 wrote:
hey this is Miami, we got the girls and nightlife to bring anyone down here.
The players dont respect Cameron, thats not exactly a good motivator to bring Free Agents.
:thumbup:
"billsfaninpeace wrote:
Is what FA would want to play for the fins right now. Think about that. Also if you change coaches again.
I think you are going to have to pay alot more money than other teams will have to in order to get a player down there.
So look at the FA you want and I think you will have to over pay every one of them. Not to mention your own FA I am not sure how many you will be able to sign on a home town discount.
98% of free agents go for the cash the ones that take less take a little less
No way Moss stays in N.E. for the same salary again
We still have no state tax going for us:thumbup:
Well after 15 years Bettman lets hockey come back to Winnipeg. Thanks for wasting 15 years
"wpgfishfan wrote:
:thumbup:
98% of free agents go for the cash the ones that take less take a little less
No way Moss stays in N.E. for the same salary again
We still have no state tax going for us:thumbup:
Mannnnn . . . Moss would be a tremendous pickup . . . put Ginn opposite of him and throw L. Book in the slot . . . . hopefully Ronnie is healthy and Beck finally shows up . . . pickup Fred Davis in the draft at TE . . . keep improving on the OLine . . . . . . . hey .. . . I'm trying to get excited about something :(
"Kdawg954 wrote:
Mannnnn . . . Moss would be a tremendous pickup . . . put Ginn opposite of him and throw L. Book in the slot . . . . hopefully Ronnie is healthy and Beck finally shows up . . . pickup Fred Davis in the draft at TE . . . keep improving on the OLine . . . . . . . hey .. . . I'm trying to get excited about something :(
The problem with that is a player like Moss would not try on a team like the Dolphins
Well after 15 years Bettman lets hockey come back to Winnipeg. Thanks for wasting 15 years
"wpgfishfan wrote:
The problem with that is a player like Moss would not try on a team like the Dolphins
thanks for snapping me back to reality lol
"billsfaninpeace wrote:
Is what FA would want to play for the fins right now. Think about that. Also if you change coaches again.
I think you are going to have to pay alot more money than other teams will have to in order to get a player down there.
So look at the FA you want and I think you will have to over pay every one of them. Not to mention your own FA I am not sure how many you will be able to sign on a home town discount.
That's totally false. Any FA would sign here in a second, and especially if he's getting a raise from his previous contract. They wont have to overspend a penny if they do it smart. How do you think Billy landed FA's for the past 5-7 yrs? They stunk, and they play in quite possibly the most indesirable place to play in the entire world! Yet they landed quite a few lineman last year.
Nice thought though....
http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif
"SarahAnn wrote:
The players dont respect Cameron, thats not exactly a good motivator to bring Free Agents.
You're making too many assumptions on something you know little or nothing about. The only players that have openly complained have been veterans like Keith Traylor and Jason Taylor, because they really aren't part of the rebuilding plan for the future. They're just on the team now because of their contracts. I'm sure guys like Ted Ginn, John Beck, and what not respect Cameron... Young guys that Cameron brought in to rebuild.
Associated Press
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Miami Dolphins are so bad that even their division rivals, the Buffalo Bills, are starting to feel sorry for them.
Safety Donte Whitner, of course, wasn't sympathetic until after the Bills completed a 38-17 rout Sunday, handing Miami its 13th straight defeat to start the season, and 16th straight dating to last year.
"I was talking to Booker out there, and he was saying, 'Man, I don't know what it feels like to win in this league, yet,' " Whitner said, referring to Dolphins rookie running back Lorenzo Booker. "And I said, 'You know, don't stress over it. ... Things are going to get better.' " Not any time soon by the way things look.
Sad....I remember when we used to own Buffalo, I think we beat them like 22 straight games at one point... and now they pity us....
"GridIronKing34 wrote:
You're making too many assumptions on something you know little or nothing about. The only players that have openly complained have been veterans like Keith Traylor and Jason Taylor, because they really aren't part of the rebuilding plan for the future. They're just on the team now because of their contracts. I'm sure guys like Ted Ginn, John Beck, and what not respect Cameron... Young guys that Cameron brought in to rebuild.
I guess those players who were yelling at him on the sideline today were just joking around huh?
Even the Bills fans I was watching the game with today were amazed at what they saw.
"SarahAnn wrote:
I guess those players who were yelling at him on the sideline today were just joking around huh?
Even the Bills fans I was watching the game with today were amazed at what they saw.
I didn't see it happen so I don't believe it; others I've talked to haven't seen it either. And I did watch the game... That's all I'm going to say.
"Ozzy wrote:
That's totally false. Any FA would sign here in a second, and especially if he's getting a raise from his previous contract. They wont have to overspend a penny if they do it smart. How do you think Billy landed FA's for the past 5-7 yrs? They stunk, and they play in quite possibly the most indesirable place to play in the entire world! Yet they landed quite a few lineman last year.
Nice thought though....
Not true.
Lets say a team like Minny or one of them on the rise go after the same FA you all want.
WHO do you think will have to overpay?
Players want the money but if the money is there from one team to another do you not think they would want to go to a team that has a shot?
It is a valid point, to a point. Some guys like challenges, some guys go for the money after getting their rings etc. - and who faults them for it?
In the end it is all a sell job.
I have to believe, that if not for all of the injuries we have had we would have won 1 game. Not many, but 1. We just have to wait and see, what happens. If i recall buffalo was not he place to go for a while either and you guys survived, so will we. If they don't come then Fock 'em and move on - it will take a year or two longer - doesn't bother me though 'cause I ain't dying anytime soon. I'm in it for the long haul...........case in point: I am also a Boston Celtics fan - I know about suffering.

"billsfaninpeace wrote:
Not true.
Lets say a team like Minny or one of them on the rise go after the same FA you all want.
WHO do you think will have to overpay?
Players want the money but if the money is there from one team to another do you not think they would want to go to a team that has a shot?
Players almost always will pick Miami over any other city, and especially Minnesota! Those are the teams that will have to overpay, and that includes a Buffalo team. Sure there will be a few players that just dont like the area, which is the case in most cities. Players who are good, know that they can be the TURNING point of a losing team.
Miami is a city where almost all players would like to live. AND YOU FORGET ONE THING. Taxes are only paid to one form of government. Not two, like in almost every other state.
http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif
I dont think we are going to be able to bring in any Top tier free agent talent. I am also not a fan of overpaying for someone that is just looking for the big payout and thinks they can come down to Miami and underperform. I would bring in the middle of the road people for depth and hope we get a good draft and our last draft class continues to develop.
"larfo2224 wrote:
I dont think we are going to be able to bring in any Top tier free agent talent. I am also not a fan of overpaying for someone that is just looking for the big payout and thinks they can come down to Miami and underperform. I would bring in the middle of the road people for depth and hope we get a good draft and our last draft class continues to develop.
I'm starting to become a fan of it, if it brings a top talent in our offensive line. We need a top guard and tackle to secure this line.
Not a fan of it on a skill position player though. I think skill position players should be looked at in the draft.
Only skill position player I am interested on this offseason is Patrick Crayton. We need a veteran receiver like him to play alongside Ginn.
"Vertical Limit wrote:
I'm starting to become a fan of it, if it brings a top talent in our offensive line. We need a top guard and tackle to secure this line.
Not a fan of it on a skill position player though. I think skill position players should be looked at in the draft.
Only skill position player I am interested on is Patrick Crayton. We need a veteran receiver like him to play alongside Ginn.
And this is where you will overpay. Look at what Hutchinson did for Gs. Now the top 3 Gs in FA are going to get a big payday.
You already know Ts catch that big payday.
It's not going to be that big a problem, Miami is still a great place to most FA to play, and as long as Miami proves they are going in the right direction, working on being a better team in 08, they will not have as many problems gettting FAs.
"billsfaninpeace wrote:
Is what FA would want to play for the fins right now. Think about that. Also if you change coaches again.
I think you are going to have to pay alot more money than other teams will have to in order to get a player down there.
So look at the FA you want and I think you will have to over pay every one of them. Not to mention your own FA I am not sure how many you will be able to sign on a home town discount.
Oh please, you're drastically overstating things. You also seemingly have a short memory. In 05 and 06 the Bills posted losing, however this past off season they were able to sign the FAs they wanted. If a FA believes he can be a part of turning things around then the prior season's record isn't going to be that big of a factor. However, if he's a coward or he's lazy then yeah that might cause him to go elsewhere.
Hutchinson was overpaid by the Vikings because they had to overpay
"billsfaninpeace wrote:
And this is where you will overpay. Look at what Hutchinson did for Gs. Now the top 3 Gs in FA are going to get a big payday.
You already know Ts catch that big payday.
If anyone would know about overpaying free agents, it would be the Buffalo Bills. What did Marv Levy pay three free agent linemen last year? Wasn't it nearly $100 mil. total in contracts for three mediocrities. If the Dolphins are smart they'll stay away from free agency. You don't build teams via free agency. The Bills spent a stupefying amount of money on their offensive line, drafted a running back with their first-round pick, and rank only four spots higher than the Dolphins in yards rushing per game, and actually average .2 yards less per carry than the Dolphins. The Dolphins have only given up 6 more sacks than the Bills, and Miami's garbage offensive line didn't cost what Buffalo's did. Let the Bills be an example of what not to do.
There are two ways to build a franchise, the way the Broncos and Redskins have done it, by bringing in too many damn free agents, or the way the Colts, Chargers, and Steelers have done it, through the draft. If the Dolphins want success, there will be precious few free agents. I've often thought that coaches like Mike Shanahan and Joe Gibbs thought they were managing MLB teams, not NFL teams, and the results are telling.
I would overpay for a guy like Hutchison. Hey the league overpays now, why aren't we? For a guard like Hutchison, I sign him that 30 mill guarantee to play in between Satele and Carey. Hell yeah.
Why do Cleveland and Vikings find it okay to overpay for offensive linemen AND IT WORKS OUT for them, and we don't do it? We got money now in our cap. Start investing HIGH on offensive linemen FOR ONCE. Jesus.
The tax thing is incrediblely overrated using that logic nobody would ever play for the Pat, Bill, Jets, or Giants(just to name a few).
"billsfaninpeace wrote:
And this is where you will overpay. Look at what Hutchinson did for Gs. Now the top 3 Gs in FA are going to get a big payday.
You already know Ts catch that big payday.
A top lineman is going to want to be overpaid WHEREVER he goes!
http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif