1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onion AFC East(and NFL) preview

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/onion-sports-2010-nfl-teambyteam-guide,18023/?slide=3

AFC East
    Buffalo Bills
    Strength: Buffalo is well-known for its friendly locals, its world-famous wings, and its proximity to beautiful Niagara Falls
    Weakness: Once again pretty much centers around the entire roster
    Player To Watch: Starting quarterback Trent Edwards. Wait, him again? God, these guys are so f**ked
    Intangibles: The AFC East is, perhaps, the league's most talented division, making it the most respectable division to finish last in

New England Patriots
    Strength: Bill Belichick has avoided stealing any wives recently, so he should be focused on the 2010 season; people are sure to tout the Patriots' experience and maturity as opposed to flat-out calling them old
    Weakness: Considering the talent of this year's rookie class, it's a shame that Belichick will once more work one of them until he dies
    Intangibles: Can't discount the possibility of another horrific injury to quarterback Tom Brady; oh, please, Lord, let there be another horrific injury to Tom Brady
    Biggest Question: This may be the year New England finally falls out of contention, but we know full well these ****s will pull a 12-4 season out of their *** somehow

Miami Dolphins
    Strength: With a new big-name free agent and a talented young quarterback, Miami has the potential to disappoint like never before
    Weakness: A common sleeper pick among analysts; few things spell your demise quite as surely as that
    Player To Watch: LeBron James should play his first game at tight end roughly halfway through the season
    Intangibles: Already boasting loads of beautiful women and the NBA's most talented assemblage of players, Miami needs only to win the Super Bowl to really send a f**k-you to the rest of the nation

New York Jets
    Strength: Rex Ryan is a coach who leads by example, an approach that has helped the Jets build one of the fattest offensive lines in the league
    Weakness: New Jet Santonio Holmes claimed to have a great weed connect, but after hooking teammates up with total schwag, he has lots of ground to make up
    Player To Watch: Quarterback Mark Sanchez, specifically his muscular thighs and perfectly sculpted ***
    Biggest Question: Why exactly is everyone so optimistic about this team in the preseason every single year?

You have to admit that the "Miami has the potential to disappoint like never before" line is funny. Also love the one about the Jets "Why is everyone so optimistic about this team every preseason?" The Raiders and Bucs previews are the best I think.

2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Cleveland Browns

* Strength: N/A

/thread

WharfRat likes this.
  3. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Holy ****. Reading the Raiders one. I understand exactly what you mean.

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    You have to admit that the "Miami has the potential to disappoint like never before" line is funny.

5. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    Intangibles: The combination of T.O. and Ochocinco could make the Bengals so annoying at the receiver position that other teams forfeit to avoid playing them
    :pointlol:

Ophinerated likes this.
  6. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i also enjoyed the end of the viking's talking about their secondary.."what's a cornerback??" and "who was supposed to cover that guy??".good stuff,maybe the mod's can merge the 3?

Ophinerated likes this.
  7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    "Is this the year Dan Rooney finally dies?"

:lol:

Ophinerated likes this.
  8. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    "After giving up 50 sacks in 2009, Green Bay's offensive line appears to have forgiven Aaron Rodgers for whatever he did "

Ophinerated likes this.
  9. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    Cheers for that, I really enjoyed it.

Around the rest of the league, my particular favourites were the cowboys intangibles and the lions strengths.

Ophinerated likes this.
  10. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    I'm sorry, but these two had me rolling:

Philadelphia Eagles
    * Weakness: With the loss of Brian Westbrook, the Eagles have a major hole at starting knee injury and concussion

San Francisco 49ers
    * Player To Watch: Veteran Brian Westbrook is always a threat to explode into a cloud of ligaments and bone

It's all about the delivery. The wording just left me with my sides hurting.

11. frozenfin

frozenfin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Chicago Bears
    Weakness: Lovie Smith spending majority of practice having players help him pack up his office

Detroit Lions
    Strength: Since they play in the NFC North, this team should get two easy wins when facing the lowly Lions

Kansas City Chiefs
    Weakness: Offense continues to struggle when trying to huddle up, with most of the players being overpowered and ending up on the ground

Tennessee Titans
    Biggest Question: The Titans secondary must face Tony Romo, Donovan McNabb, and both Mannings this year; will they be able to keep themselves from attempting to get their autographs during games?

12. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Weakness: Looking at this roster, it may not be the best year to play in a stadium where fans have access to several functioning cannons

Arizona Cardinals- Strength: Superstar Larry Fitzgerald runs crisp routes, gets good separation, and watches helplessly as poorly thrown passes wobble to the turf

13. EdSta74

EdSta74 I

Mar 22, 2008
    Long Island City, NY
    LMAO. good stuff. a few of those had me LOL. Especially the Cleveland Browns Strength. Hahahahaha