1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on the Season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Moves, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Moves

Moves Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Rather than create a bantering set of posts, I just want to see everyone's opinion on the season thus far and going forward. (Please set it up as I have it below)

What I've Enjoyed So Far - I don't think it's any shocker to say that the passing game makes me quite happy. Just to be able to see the ball flying through the air with some kind of velocity is great. Marshall was an amazing addition for both yards and blocking. Our secondary has severely improved over last year. We currently own one of the top CB's in league. I haven't been agonizing over the constant huge plays like it was all of last year. Cameron Wake is a gem, end of story. And I enjoy the fact that there is no clear cut dominant teams in the league this year. It's refreshing.

What I Haven't Enjoyed So Far - The inconsistency. It seems to be the case for us all the time. When the run works, the pass fails and vice versa. The Defense has kinda let up a bit and can't continue that trend. I don't enjoy the wildcat anymore, the plays haven't changed and defenses are prepared for it. I still don't like Sean Smith and Jason Allen needs to stop being good one game and bad the next. Also, why isn't Ronnie showing any power? Being 0-2 at home (in the division). And the most obvious, special teams (which is inexcusable).

Season Predicitions -

@ Green Bay - W
    Pittsburgh
    - L
    @ Cincinatti - W
    @ Baltimore - L
    Tennessee - L
    Chicago - W
    @ Oakland - W
    Cleveland - W
    @ NY Jets - W
    Buffalo - W
    Detroit - W
    @ New England - L

Season Record - 10-6 (Wildcard) :knucks:

your thoughts?

dolfan7171, Merauder and SeanP like this.
  2. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Nice idea. :hi5:
    Not much I would change up from what you have posted.
    John Jerry will help improve our running game as well as the Frontline having more time together.
    I think we beat Tennesee BTW :up:

3. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    The season has been a disaster.

Two losses at home to our biggest division rivals?

Realistically...we have zero shot at the division now.

We have one unit in complete shambles (Special Teams).

What started as high expectations are now tempered to only include a playoff berth.

We make the playoffs...time to celebrate.

4. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I honestly agree with most of that. The thing I like about our team right now, is that I don't think there really is any team we CANNOT beat. If we just play to our strengths, and get Special Teams on track, we will at least be competitive in every game for the rest of the season.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Talk to me after green bay, I may cross over to the dark side if I dont see an angry football team..and the man to my left will be the hunted...

Ive got a feeling we will win, thus giving my theory about winning in this town in our stadium more weight.

good thread though, just not in the mood to look at the bright side at this point...need to see that our team is upset...their fans were there and ready...they owe us.

6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    There are a lot of different plays and formations in the wildcat this year

7. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

At lease we have Lebron.

SICK likes this.
  8. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    We still have this season....

But the division is a bridge too far..and that pisses me off.

unless of course...we can sweep the Pats and Jets on their fields.....

yeah..not gonna happen. But that is the plan.

9. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    By that you mean the plays where you run backwards.

SICK likes this.
  10. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    It is not out of the realm of possibilities to beat them on their turf...it has been done and it can be done. I am being optimistic and perhaps you are taking the other side of the coin...no problem with that as I have tossed from one to the other as well recently. Truth be told, we are 2-2 and have a mountain of games left to play. Who is to say we cannot finish with the best record in the division after all is said and done. Lets not worry about how fast we are sprinting, but rather when we cross the finish line.

11. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I have seen this movie before.

I know how it ends.

I will go further. WE NEED the broncos to beat the jets this week. or they will run away with the division title.

12. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think our offensive and defensive units have shown clear progress. Those two units were about even with the Jets and far better than the Pats. Our STs unit has been a disaster. I believe that if our STs could become passable, just to the point where they are not a liability, then we are as good as any team in the league. I don't do the schedule prediction thing because I think that too much can change from game to game, but looking forward I don't think there is a game that isn't winnable. I don't mean that in an 'any given Sunday' way. I mean that there is no game on the schedule where I would be overly surprised if we won.

Dol-Fan Dupree and SeanP like this.
  13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I do not play for the Dolphins.