1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA picture thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, May 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    [​IMG]

Dude is sloppy fat..this cat continues to disappoint.

(Da Knucklehead..Phil Merling)

[​IMG]

One of my goals for the Phins this season is Ricky Williams breaking Zonk's yardage recored for the Phins.

[​IMG]

Two years from now Odrick will have more musculature

[​IMG]

"Grasshopper, be the throw.."

[​IMG]

Dimitri Tsoumpas

[​IMG]

Great picture, notice how Henne has the ball primed to come out of his hand? And Thiggy has to adjust the ball to bring it into throwing position, Henne has been very well coached.

[​IMG]

"can I fix the defense? You cannot make chicken salad out of chicken **** people!"

[​IMG]

Wow, Roberto Wallace is one heck of a physical specimen, body wise he reminds me a bit of Shannon Sharpe, the only fat on the guy is in his fingernails. .

[​IMG]

"I'm good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, I can play Qb in the NFL"

[​IMG]

"Just 5,134 more miles left to go to catch Joe Toledo's all time mileage record"

SeanP, GMJohnson, eric and 28 others like this.
  2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    Thanks for the pics...good to see!!

padre31 likes this.
  3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Thanks fellas, I just noticed something else:

[​IMG]

Pat White is NOT that much shorter than Pennington, maybe what..an inch?

2k5 likes this.
  4. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Merlings shape is an embarrassment.
    Forget about his domestic dispute he could be cut for an obvious lack of dedication to strength and conditioning.

Odrick isn't very impressive physically by look either.

I'm still stinging over picking Odrick over Hughes.
    Hope I'm completely wrong on it.

5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Dissapointed in Odrick's physique...he's got great genetics but your right Padre, he's gonna take a few years to reach his ceiling....wish he took it more serious in college..oh well, that sucks for me.

Merling......Pathetic.

Let Pat white wear his gloves..and let him play X in the wildcat, teach the kid all the skill positions, just like we suggested when we drafted him.

Black demon Black Visor...looked bad ***.

Killerphins likes this.
  6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    That Odrick pick still bugs me
    I'll wait it out.

High Definition likes this.
  7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    im not worried about odrick, could've been a weird angle. this was not long ago

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/26/1598107/miami-dolphins-jared-odrick-eager.html

8. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
  9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dude talks..alot...something I don't care for in a Dlinemen, enough with the jibber jabber out of that one.

Merling does have a nice line running from his thigh down to his calf, but his quads are tragic, but he still looks stronger than Odrick, who is sort of amorphus.

Pat White looks pumped though, to me he appears a bit more powerful than he did in 09 he has that sort of wound spring look to him this year...having Penny onbaord can only help his development

10. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    lol you guys realize these guys are 300lb lineman right? They're going to be big. They're not going to have six packs or ripped torsos, they're going to have a gut. Their jobs are literally to take up space, and the bigger you are the better. We're not talking about wr's or Qbs here, we're talking about big, nasty, ugly Mofos that stand in the trenches.

Example: Randy Starks is the best DE on our team, and hes no more of a 'physical specimen' than the others.

GMJohnson, adamprez2003, SICK and 2 others like this.
  11. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    you want odrick to take up space
    i dont i expect that
    vertical DL

12. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    in a 3-4, that's pretty much all they're supposed to do. And if they do it well, Wake will have 10+ sacks easily. Plus another 8-10 from Dansby most likely.

13. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    :lol:

14. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Padre, great Joe Toledo joke!

padre31 likes this.
  15. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    man, pat white surely looks a little bigger than last year at least. its a start.

padre31 likes this.
  16. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    Just curious how many sacks did Dansby have last season?

17. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Randy starks is a freak, very muscular for a 300 pounder, and VERY strong, this boy will be twice as good once his natural 300 lb body developes the musculature to play this game at the highest level, like Starks.

Jmo, but the kid's body tell's me a few things, he's not in love with the gym quite yet, he may take longer to acclimate against NFL starters. his ceiling is a few years away.

The goal of the professional athlete should be to become the biggest, strongest, fastest they can, so their talent is displayed at optimum levels.this should be realized way before your drafted in the first round.

What can I say, some of us are picky about our first round draft picks, He's got a very nice frame to work with, already excellent hands, that will get faster and stronger and generate more force and speed, once we got the body right...

and I end on the good news, Odrick is a natural football player, already, This big man can track the ball instinctively, has good short area athleticism, and, at defensive end, his size is pretty special..With the right training, this could be a special athlete at that size, his moves look that of a 280lb man right now.

not sure why we drafted Phillip Merling, his body is a joke for a young man in this profession, imo, issues are sometimes attached to people who are not smart enough to recognize the negative affects of not training the body to a science for your sport and livelihood.. I wonder who made that call on that specific player...Irish?

18. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yeah PW looks more tightly wound this year, check out his forearms, veins popping out all over the place, last yr he was nowhere nearly that developed.

Bill Polian has said that physically a player makes the largest jump from yr 1 to yr 2, if he is a WC Qb he needs that extra bit of explosiveness and strength.

Last Yr White just did not look either explosive nor quick when he ran the ball.

19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, thought about this Deej, and is struck me that Sparano/Evan Thomas like to reshape physiques into what they feel is the optimal shape for their Football job, so Odrick could very well have been told that they expect a certain level of fitness, but they would instruct him on which workout they created for him.

That way Odrick has an easier path rather than having to de tune him from his other body shape and into what they want.

There you go again..:D

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    :shifty:.......lol..

another 2nd rounder bites the dust, just would like to know who's makin the calls buddy.

21. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA

1, and i am aware of that. But the guy has had several seasons with the cards of 4 or more sacks, and once in 2006 he managed 8 sacks in a single season.

I don't think it's too ridiculous of me to hope Dansby manages to have his best season ever this year for us seeing as how we paid him to do that.

22. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, several people were correct about Pat White's upgrade:

Pat...you fibbin' bro, can't blame you for it, but dude, you were gabbing with Steve Slaton for most of the offseason until the "may as well play baseball" tweet...stop lyin dude..the media won't let you live it down..

23. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Thanks Padre it is great to see these guys on the field getting things started up for the new season.

24. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    It is very common for guys who are trying to gain muscle mass to pack on the pounds, especially if they are going to be simultaneously working in conditions that would cause them to lose weight. It is nearly impossible to have low body fat, up your calorie burn, and gain muscle mass.

It is actually very smart for Odrick to pack on some fat, hit the weights, and begin to shred later in the summer.

25. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    90% of the guys on this board wish they were that sloppy :lol:. Have you seen Vince Wilfork with his shirt off? Haloti Ngata? Kelly Gregg? Vernon Carey? C'mon man. Much ado about nothing. Nice post anyway though :up:

Anonymous likes this.