1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our Beloved Dolphins: Mid-week

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by HULKFish, Sep 16, 2009.

1. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    An appropriate title wasn't coming to me on this thread. I've read a lot of thoughts this week and just felt the need to vent some thoughts and idea's.

Firstly, I'd have to say that the Falcons came in well-prepared for our Offense. I also think that Henning had a HORRID week of play-calling! I could see most plays as they came as I'm sure the Falcons defense did as well... It would seem they watched the Baltimore film and realized that if you rattle Pennington that he is bound to make mistakes. And only worry about the short field.

Secondly, we HAVE to get Ronnie involved! That was rediculous! Let's give Ronnie the ball only on obvious running downs up the gut and use Ricky in space. Makes no sense to me... And only dump-off passes. WRONG!!! Ronnie is our BEST playmaker! Let's treat him as such. He needs 20 carries at least and five receptions, then you'll see the beast emerge. Not taking anything from Ricky or Cobbs as they are great backups but come on!

I'll give the pass-rush a pass this week as they did fairly-well for such a new alignment of plays yada, yada... This week I expect to see Peyton laying down a lot. Oh, and I also expect to see that Rushing D EVERY-WEEK! They have proved they can punish a good running game so all the excuses are gone.

Receivers? How about giving Cam his job starting and throw some balls his way... What a dependable guy and a playmaker. Also, get Fasano a couple balls early to get his confidence going. He's still going to have a great year! And don't forget my Ronnie comments. We've all seen what he is capable of if he gets the ball in open space; good luck bringing him down!

Sean Smith. He did an admirable job for a rook. I hope he has better recovery speed then he showed in Week 1 though. He got beat deep a couple times, what happens when Moss or T.O. is the guy across from him? Saying that I actually believe he has the ability to become something special so I'll be watching him... The Pass-D will only get better as the season progresses. I really love YB! I think he has the ability to be an All-Pro.

Monday Night - I am expecting to see one of those old Colts/Dolphins showdowns! A lot of Peyton throwing and JT sacking... I love the Colts and think they have a great team but I expect the Phins to WIN! Monday Night and the Home opener; how much more inspiration could they need?

Let's here some rambling thoughts...

TiP54 and RBrown23 like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    To tag onto to your ramble Hulkfish:

I'm flat out concerned about the Phins aggressiveness, both on and off the field, we just seem flat and blasse' about making moves and playing.

Where is the intensity?

Is Ireland itching to make some roster moves?

If so, Justin Miller is still hanging out, bump Cam Wake to the active roster, let's get some playmaking athletes out on the field.

HULKFish likes this.
  3. RBrown23

RBrown23 Thanks GISH

Jan 21, 2009
    Maryland
    I fully agree with the Ronnie comment. Why dont we give our best playmaker the ball early and often especially when he is in his contract year. That means he will be even more hungry then before.

HULKFish likes this.
  4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    It was the same story last year with Ronnie. Fact of the matter is he doesn't get enough touches and he's proved countless times before that the more touches he gets the better he is.

I also agree on the lack of aggression on offense. They have to be a lot more aggressive in basic formations. GET TED GINN THE BALL!

HULKFish likes this.
  5. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Yeah, TG needs to shake the tentativeness too... He's always been prone but at his size its hard to completely blame him. One good hit from a safety would break him, LOL!