1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our Guard Situation...suprise element.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Oct 9, 2014.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I fell in the trap too.Satele has been doing an adequate job at center and our guard work with Smith injured has been weak at best.So why not keep Satele at center amd move Pouncey to guard where he played in college .You would think Satele would be happy with that arrangement because he gets paid per start .....the way I understand it.

Thats the problem with jumping to conclusions .It turns out now that both of them want to play guard and are competing for a spot at G.:lol:

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...t-guard-wilson-still-expects-snaps-at-safety/

2. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Call me stubborn if you like, but I'm still of the mind that if/when Shelley Smith is healthy you plug him back in at RG and Poucey at C. If you think Satele can outplay Daryn Colledge, fine, try him at LG. Otherwise I'd let Colledge stay there until Billy Turner is ready. In preseason Turner was the best G Miami had out there. Obviously he's been injured and needs some refinement on his technique, but I think he's the future at LG. When that starts, who knows.

evz and ckparrothead like this.
  3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    What if they BOTH played guard, and we just didn't have a center?!

Pandarilla and emocomputerjock like this.
  4. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    [​IMG]

I bet the Chargers wish they could do that. I believe they're on their 4th center. Maybe they'll give us something for Satele.

resnor and SICK like this.
  5. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    [​IMG]

SICK likes this.
  6. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

FFS all 3 LB starters limited...Finnegan not practicing at all...with a bye week.

Smokescreen?

7. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    The offer would have to blow me away, or I'd just as soon keep Satele, especially with Pouncey coming off that injury.

8. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 10m10 minutes ago #Dolphins CB Cortland Finnegan (neck), who sat out Wednesday, is participating in portion of practice open to the media.

ElNino likes this.
  9. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Sounds go me like Miami's going all New England with injury reports and including everyone that's got a bump or a bruise in addition to the guys who have actual injuries that may limit or prohibit them from playing. That's an awful lot of guys to be on a list AFTER a week off, don't you think? :shifty: