our head coach.

478 replies

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2024, 06:33 PM

"danmarino wrote:

He asked if there were new accounts. Crash Jensen, who has made many posts in this thread, is a new account. I haven’t bothered to look around any further. I didn’t realize that “more than one” was the criteria for “are there new accounts?”

The fun part is when you realize that certain posters are actually talking to themselves. Whoever this individual is hasn't been IP banned completely because they finally figured out to use a VPN maybe five years ago. They've very determined though- you have to give them that!

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

CRCrash JensenForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2024, 07:36 PM

"resnor wrote:

I'm not necessarily agaist McDaniel's style, per se, but I do feel like the team wasn't mentally strong. Like they just didn't seem to have that heart or fire in those late season games. McDaniel has got to find a way to change that.

Maybe he needs some real hard *** assistants to balance him. I dunno.

The question is whether McDaniel has the capacity to change that, because changing that comes from having — and expressing — that heart and fire and intensity oneself in the position of head coach.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 21, 2024, 07:40 PM

"Crash Jensen wrote:

The question is whether McDaniel has the capacity to change that, because changing that comes from having — and expressing — that heart and fire and intensity oneself in the position of head coach.

You're just wrong about McD

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 21, 2024, 07:43 PM
CRCrash JensenForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2024, 07:44 PM

"danmarino wrote:

You're just wrong about McD

I guess we will have to disagree. The way that’s expressed doesn’t infuse anyone with any greater heart or fire or intensity than they had previously in my opinion. The difference between that and Jimmy Johnson’s video above is palpable and visceral.

CRCrash JensenForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2024, 07:45 PM

"danmarino wrote:

Again, technical expertise.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 21, 2024, 07:47 PM

Steve Atwater agrees with me:

"Over that month, though, players began to recognize him and realize the truth that we have all come to know now: Mike McDaniel is relentless. Most eventually gave in and signed something for the kid. Players and coaches got to know him, and Mike spent that August as the team's unofficial mascot. One day toward the end of camp, Atwater walked off the field, saw Mike and handed him his preseason cleats."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39280819/mike-mcdaniel-miami-dolphins

I guess Atwater wasn't "intense" either?

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 21, 2024, 07:48 PM

"Crash Jensen wrote:

Again, technical expertise.

Motivation isn't done one way. Inspiring is motivating. Teaching is motivating.

CRCrash JensenForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2024, 07:51 PM

You and I aren’t going to agree, and that’s fine.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 21, 2024, 07:53 PM

"He’s very emotionally connected with the players," said Dolphins running back Raheem Mostert, who also played for McDaniel in San Francisco. "It's authentic. When a head coach comes in, you want to see how, especially as a player, you want to see how authentic that coach can be. He hasn’t changed from Day One."

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/2022/09/10/miami-dolphins-coach-mike-mcdaniel-intellectual-but-no-introvert/8032763001/

FinatikFinatikStaff
Jan 21, 2024, 07:53 PM

"Crash Jensen wrote:

Again, technical expertise.

He was inspired. Isn’t that you were saying he needed to do?

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Jan 21, 2024, 07:54 PM

"Crash Jensen wrote:

You and I aren’t going to agree, and that’s fine.

We’re putting up video after video and all you have shown is a feeling.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

CRCrash JensenForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2024, 07:56 PM

"Finatik wrote:

We’re putting up video after video and all you have shown is a feeling.

So I either agree with you or I appear to be biased and inflexible.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 21, 2024, 08:04 PM

"Crash Jensen wrote:

So I either agree with you or I appear to be biased and inflexible.

No...we're putting up 2+2=4...irrefutable proof and facts... and you're putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "NA...NA...NA"

CRCrash JensenForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2024, 08:06 PM

"danmarino wrote:

No...we're putting up 2+2=4...irrefutable proof and facts... and you're putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "NA...NA...NA"

No, you’re simply perceiving what you’re posting and giving it a certain degree of weight that I am not.

That could be happening as well for you with regard to what I’m posting, but apparently the difference is that I don’t care if you agree with me or not.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 21, 2024, 08:10 PM

"Crash Jensen wrote:

No, you’re simply perceiving what you’re posting and giving it a certain degree of weight that I am not.

That could be happening as well for you with regard to what I’m posting, but apparently the difference is that I don’t care if you agree with me or not.

No I'm not. I'm posting actual quotes from his players.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Jan 21, 2024, 08:30 PM

"Crash Jensen wrote:

No, you’re simply perceiving what you’re posting and giving it a certain degree of weight that I am not.

That could be happening as well for you with regard to what I’m posting, but apparently the difference is that I don’t care if you agree with me or not.

You have zero proof of your position. We’re showing proof. That’s the difference.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2024, 08:32 PM

"danmarino wrote:

You're just wrong about McD

He didn't even really say anything. That clip isn't particularly motivational, imo.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2024, 08:36 PM

"danmarino wrote:

No I'm not. I'm posting actual quotes from his players.

Those quotes aren't disagreeing with what Crash has said. He hasn't said he isn't liked by the players, or that he didn't connect with the players. One guy said he was "authentic" and "connected to the players," and the other guy said he was "relentless."

Well I didn't see "relentless" play on the field to end the season, so if McD is those things, he apparently didn't pass it on to the players.

FinatikFinatikStaff
Jan 21, 2024, 08:53 PM

"resnor wrote:

Those quotes aren't disagreeing with what Crash has said. He hasn't said he isn't liked by the players, or that he didn't connect with the players. One guy said he was "authentic" and "connected to the players," and the other guy said he was "relentless."

Well I didn't see "relentless" play on the field to end the season, so if McD is those things, he apparently didn't pass it on to the players.

No he said he was a goofball. All of this show he’s not a goofball.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Jan 21, 2024, 11:33 PM

"Finatik wrote:

No he said he was a goofball. All of this show he’s not a goofball.

Oh... McDaniel is never goofy or silly.

Gotcha

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Jan 21, 2024, 11:36 PM

"resnor wrote:

Oh... McDaniel is never goofy or silly.

Gotcha

I'm sure BB has told a joke or two. Stop the hyperbole...

CRCrash JensenForum Veteran
Jan 22, 2024, 08:42 AM

"resnor wrote:

Those quotes aren't disagreeing with what Crash has said. He hasn't said he isn't liked by the players, or that he didn't connect with the players. One guy said he was "authentic" and "connected to the players," and the other guy said he was "relentless."

Well I didn't see "relentless" play on the field to end the season, so if McD is those things, he apparently didn't pass it on to the players.

Show me a video where McDaniel is pissed off at the team and exhorting them to do better and the emotion he is expressing is palpable and visceral. Any coach unable or unwilling to do that is missing a key ingredient of what it takes to coach a professional football team.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Jan 22, 2024, 08:44 AM

"Crash Jensen wrote:

Show me a video where McDaniel is pissed off at the team and exhorting them to do better and the emotion he is expressing is palpable and visceral.

Tom Coughlin was a strict disciplinarian. They forced him to tone it down and become more of a players coach and then they won two super bowls.

CRCrash JensenForum Veteran
Jan 22, 2024, 08:47 AM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

Tom Coughlin was a strict disciplinarian. They forced him to tone it down and become more of a players coach and then they won two super bowls.

So by extension someone at the other end of the spectrum, who is a fun and games goofball, would need to turn up the volume, correct?