1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our Lines

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by anlgp, Oct 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Pts|Yds|Pyds|Ryds
    24th|10th|13th|10th - Offense

Pts|Yds|Pyards|Ryards
    7th|7th|15th|7th - Defense

Those are the rankings according to NFL.com. I don't think these things are apparent of the overall performance of our lines from game to game. These are pretty high standings, though. Our worst is 15 which is defensive passing yards allowed.

-Defense
    The other things on defense - points, yards and run yards are 7th. If you go by the standings that means (obviously) there are only 6 teams better than us on defense stopping the opponents offenses. And we've faced some pretty tough teams the past two weeks. I know we've got some crazy sack stats out there as well but I wanted to know - how do you think our defensive line (or front 7 if you prefer to talk about it that way) are doing overall on a play by play basis?

-Offense
    The next worst stat is Passing Yards that we've had at 13. With the success of Ronnie Brown running in the Wildcat offense and our run game in regular packages coming into their own the past couple of weeks our air assault is not necessarily as high as I would like it to be but it strikes a "above the majority of the pack" number at 13. how is the wall holding on up front to allow pennington enough time to pass?

I know there are other variables to the success or failure of an offense or defense but seeing as we spent 3 picks at least on both sides of the lines in the previous draft and having four games under our belt (or 1/4th of the season done) I figured this would be a good time to discuss them and the issues (if any) that are concerning you.

Me?

I think our offensive line is pretty set for a few years to come. There may or may not be additions or subtractions based upon the rest of the years progress but our OLine is incredibly young.

I think on D that we have a stop gap solution in Ferg (that's what he was from the start I believe) and we'll need a younger guy if no one else we have can fill the position to the teams liking. As far as the front seven go Porter is no longer a spring chicken and Roth has yet to put a whole season of his crazy san diego game to satisfy me completely that his home is at LBer (though it's looking good). The rest of them seem to be alright.

2. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    All I got to say is get Mr. Carey signed long term already!