1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our new Fullback

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Silverphin, Aug 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    ATVZ400 likes this.
  2. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    What about Lousaka Polite? I thought he was great last year.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  3. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Polite was excellent last year in short yardage situations...

That part of his game shouldn't be challenged at all by Quillen. Didn't see too many 'Phins games last year to be able to adequately judge Lousaka's blocking skills, but Quillen apparently has them in spades.

Two different types of FB, IMO...

4. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Polite got a new deal so they must like him .I am guessing that Matt Quillen will be depth until the end of training camp whereupon he will either be put on the practice squad or cut.

Coach Sparano mentioned that he has looked at him before but that Quillen has made progress and he wants another look.

Silverphin likes this.
  5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Well put Co-Do

I would be really surprised if Lousaka goes anywhere.

Like the old Riggins quote:
    "If you need 2 yards, Lousaka will get you 2 yards. If you need 4 yards, Lousaka will still get you 2 yards"....but there is a really warm feeling when all you need is that 2 yards, and Big Lou is in your stable :up:

6. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    we dont want to great a situation where, when Lousaka comes in, everyone knows he is getting he ball. with ricky and ronnie, we have 2 backs that defenders hate to tackle, and i think Lou caught a lot of teams off guard. i think his 3rd or 4th and short rate was seriously 100%. if we have a "blocking fb" and a "short yardage fb", that goes out the window.

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    might be right about that
    however
    how much more effective would Polite be running behind Quillen to help move the the defense out of the way with a short-yardage power package? Might be an interesting setup & one (after it has been seen a few times) that could be used w/ a pass option
    could also be exactly what you would look for in the WildCat (to play BB off center in the backfield)

reality: unless this guy is a knock out FB, they'll use him through training camp & go with Hilliard