1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our Next Opponent: Singletary's Football Philosophy

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I decided to start reading up on our next opponent, whom I fear we will underestimate. They are 3-3 since Singletary took over, and on a 2 game win streak including one over the Co-Division leading Jets (who beat us). Here's an excerpt from an article I found which highlights Singletary's basic philosophy.

Nothing extraordinary, except maybe how similar this is to Sparano's order of priorities. These two coaches are very similar, with Singletary beinga little more expressive and passionate (but not by much).

Also worth noting is that we face Offensive Co-ordinator Mike Martz, who knows how to score piles of points and is managing to turn Shaun Hill into the semblance of an NFL quarterback.

The rest of the article here.... 49ers dominate Jets

anlgp likes this.
  2. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    That's a pretty vague, cliche list. I predict another close game, as pretty much all of ours have been.

3. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    I'm hoping what we saw yesterday was more of a continued Jets collapse, rather than a San Francisco surge. :up:

DolfanTom likes this.
  4. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    The Niners have to come East for the game, and that hasn't been very good news for other West-Coast teams this season.

DolfanTom and Bpk like this.
  5. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

They are the only team to win this year going west to east though. I think this trip is one too much for them though as they only played the Bills 2 weeks ago. Flying to Buffalo, back to San Fran then to Miami is a lot of air miles in such a short time. Throw in a 1pm kickoff and a Dolphins team that can nearly touch a division title after being the laughing stock of the league last year should be enough to see us win.