1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our offense did things we haven't seen so far this season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CitizenSnips, Sep 29, 2014.

1. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    1. We opened up Tannehill's game. The td to Sims was the embodiment of everything we know Tannehill can do that makes him special. That play required a fake pitch, bootleg rollout and a throw on the run 20+ yards downfield. Not just any mother****er can make that play. Sims made a beautiful catch of course, but that ball was there to be caught. That was not a simple throw, nor a simple play design, kudos to everyone involved to make that happen. The pitch was believable, the throw was there, the catch was made. This is how good offenses operate. I know that last week my biggest gripe with Tannehill was that he was immobile. Never ran it, never rolled, never moved at all. Not the case this week. We had him moving, he kept it several times on read options (all good) and of course the td on the rollout was fantastic. This is the Ryan tannehill we need, not the immobile one who stands like a statue and waits for the sack.

2. Bubble Screens! Lots of them! Obviously Wallace scored on one, but that wasn't all. Gibson had a big play on one, Landry caught a 15 yard one off an option read, and I think Landry had another one as well. The eagles and Broncos run theses all damn day with great success, it was nice to see our offense do the same for once. At one point Tannehill and Hartline lined up quick for an easy first down on 3rd and short because they saw the CB playing way off. Again, stuff that good offenses do. We have WR talent, use it! Lazor, don't forget this.

3.Utilizing the strengths of our running backs. Lamar Miller, im ignoring the fumble because I want to stay positive, because outside of that this dude has been awesome for two straight games. The pitch left on 4th and goal was a scary call. I was terrified when I saw shotgun, but using Millers speed there was a brilliant call. On his 2nd Td i knew he was going to score once the handoff happened again due to his speed. I've noted that the real reason Thomas is back is because he's good out of the back field in the passing game (where as Miller is quite terrible). He showed that again today. His should-have-been-td was great and I do believe he's worked his way back on this team full time. I cannot see us dropping him when moreno comes back. Thomas also has that added inspiration of knowing his career is over if he doesn't perform on every down.

2. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Not trying to piss in anyone's Corn Flakes (except maybe Fin D because he won't eat it any other way) but man, we really got gifted a great game:

[​IMG]

NolePhin15 and dolfan22 like this.
  3. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I always thought the offense would get better and open up more as the season went on. New offenses, especially for young QBs often take time to come together right.

I think we saw glimpses the first three weeks, and today we saw a much more consistent offense. I'm hoping it continues. With the bye week and the return of Pouncey and Moreno, I'm very optimistic.

4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Yeah. but do you see how he's reading the QB's eyes? I bet he was using some type of Jedi Mind Trick to make Tannehill throw the other way.

What play was that, by the way? Was that Wallace's TD?

5. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Yes . We caught them later in the game the same way .

6. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'm guessing our guys worked their tails off to get this far into the playbook by week 4, let alone execute that much of it as well as they did.

mbsinmisc likes this.
  7. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I don't think that one play on 2nd & 8 is what allowed our offense & defense to kick Oakland's *** up and down the field all day, c'mon now.

Besides, that play wasn't specially designed and called based on a psychic's recommendation that it would cause Oakland to line up improperly. Lazor called it because he thought it would work against a properly aligned defense, and with the way Miami's offense executed all game, there was a good chance it would've been a positive play regardless. We didn't HAVE to score a touchdown on that play to score a touchdown on the drive. Oakland just let us get it over with quicker.

8. EverFin

EverFin Active Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Two very successful offensive plays happend when Tannehill used a pitch to Miller. Should they try more of them to use Millers speed? I was also very pleased with Tannehills fakes.