1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our Prez of Ops thoughts.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jun 13, 2015.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

that was a nice piece...interesting about Philbins demeanor, maybe that pays off in the long run..maybe it takes 4 years to get your own type of players, maybe his demeanor is winning over the team, he certainly is steady..IDK, I'm just hoping at this point..I liked how our leader cam wake came up to him in his press conference and put his arm around him in joking fashion..If he's got the respect of Wake, Suh, and Pouncey, everyone else should fall in line.

2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Philbin's here, I'm a fan of the team. I hope year 4 is where he takes the leap.

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I spend a lot of time in my job training future leaders in an industry with mostly Type A personalities. I can say that only a few people are born leaders right from the get-go of their new jobs. Some people, who are less extroverted, take time, sometimes years, to feel completely comfortable in their new environment and their leadership role where you see the real impact. I'm not saying Philbin is going to turn the corner in year 4 and transform to some great coach, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he can at least ascend to the top half of the pack of average coaches in the NFL - to the point where he's no longer the primary concern for the fans.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I would apply this advice and commentary on our qb..I think he fits the exact script for which you are describing..I see small slow incremental gains in the leadership dept..

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    '

agreed DJ. I see it too.

6. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Being the head coach has been a little on the job training for Philbin. No one likes to hear that, but mistakes will be made.

It's interesting to draw a parallel to Cleveland in the NBA. When they win, Le Bron was a beast, awesome and carried his team. When they lose it was all Blatt's fault (head coach). I saw this in reverse with Mark Sanchez. When he won it wasn't his doing but when they lost it was all his fault. Tanny and Philbin fall into the latter category, on this board anyway, from my knot hole.

7. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Agree on all counts.

Its fairly painful to follow gameday threads, when the defense blows a late lead and all you see is how sh*tty Tannehill is (even with throwing up 36 at Denver, he had ire). It's the nature of sports I guess...I'm willing to bet, a significant amount of money, that if guys like RT and Butt-Fumble were to carry themselves with more swagger, and "appear" to be more confident from play-to-play, they wouldn't catch as much heat...even if play was identical.