1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outside Eval on Gesicki Injury

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Dec 13, 2020.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/video/nfl-dolphins-te-mike-gesickis-shoulder-injury-and-when-to-expect-him-back-dr-matt-provencher

Video couldn't be embedded, but the ex-Pats head physician said it looks like a partial or full dislocation. Best case news if he's right; we lose Mike for 2-3 weeks. Worst case scenario, he need surgery and is out for 6 months.

Note that this is an outside opinion of someone who didn't evaluate Gesicki- it may not have dislocated.

I tried to search Parker but could only find "it's a leg injury'. So no word there yet.

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Hopefully, he can come back full strength for training camp. It would suck so much if he missed all of the offseason activities.

KeyFin likes this.
  3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Major. Major bummer.

KeyFin likes this.
  4. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    This really hurts,hope he is able to return soon.

KeyFin likes this.
  5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Yeah, looked like a separation or dislocation to me. The way they were holding it in place as he walked off though makes me think dislocation though.

Really disappointing either way though for Gesicki. He was having a fantastic season IMO and you can tell Tua is really comfortable with him. Sucks to lose him. With only 3 games to go I'd be surprised if we see him back this year.

KeyFin and mlb1399 like this.
  6. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Thanks for the link. Was wondering how everything looked. Looks like next season for him. Hopefully Parker is ok.

KeyFin likes this.
  7. MrPhinn

MrPhinn Active Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Lots of injuries going on. How unfortunate.

8. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Injuries are best overcome by a franchise quarterback in my opinion. It seems like the greats will all find ways to get it done even without their top guys around them. We've seen Brady and Rodgers win games with practice squad receivers before. It would be quite the silver lining if Tua could still find a way to be effective and win some of these games despite the roster not being fully healthy. We're almost decimated at this point at the skill positions on offense. I don't want that to be an excuse for him. He needs to still perform and play well.

9. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl
    That safety really hurt the team but other than that Tua did a great job with what he had available. He is already playing with practice squad players and special teams fill ins and threw for over 300 yards for his first time. He is growing as a pro and I get giddy thinking about year 2.

Puka-head likes this.