1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pahokee HS player murdered Friday night

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Muck, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Norman Griffith, a D1 prospect, was shot in the head Friday night, apparently doing the right thing.

Killed Pahokee football player tried to avoid conflict -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Ridiculous. It happened in a dangerous part of town, but that entire area is dangerous.

Pahokee heads to South Carolina for a game against nationally ranked #1 Bynes this Friday on ESPNU. Will be interesting to see how they respond.

PMZQ likes this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    read this story this morning.....what an absolute JOKE....they give themselves the reputation they have....i lived in wellington my whole life, played against glades central and pahokee......and the ONLY way they get outta that town is football....and people like that POS that pulled the trigger and killed that kid is a jealous loser that will never leave muck city enless he's on a chain gang in a jump suit coleaning southern blvd.......

this poor kid is dead now, a captain and football player that was almost in college.....trying to make a good life for himself.....then some gangsta kills him.....there is a absolute special place in hell for that monster.....and I hope he see's it sooner rather than later

3. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    wow, my prayers go out to his family.

4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    wow.. tragic. George, did you or Austin know him?

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    why can't that guy be a man and if he's gotta problem with the kid wearing his highschool colors.....if anything......box him...fist to fist.....man 2 man....but no....he shoots and doesn't care.....its a joke I even used "man" and this dude in the same sentence.....he could never be a man.....hes a monster....and will make a fine janitor in glades prison system :pity:

6. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Belle Glade is a VERY scary city. Its sad that a youngster with so much talent has become a statistic like so many others in that part of the state.

7. dolfan06

dolfan06 New Member

May 19, 2008
    Arkansas
    with the economy the way it is, you'll see more of that everywhere. people that have no respet for life, that can't take care of themselves figure its easier for the taxpayers to do it. it was getting that way in So. California, thats why i left.:no:

8. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I was born in Belle Glade and grew up in the area. It's very true, football is 'the' ticket out for a lot of these kids. Nah, I didn't know this kid.

The sad thing is, that may well be what he thought he was avoiding.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I read this on a Canes site the other day. This is terrible. A couple weeks ago, another player in Pahokee got shot in the hand. Thankfully, he wasn't killed by a shot in the head. My prayers go out to the family members affected. I remember watching a video on Fred Taylor and him saying how difficult it was growing up in Pahokee. He was saying how all the players over there don't have anything so they just focus on football like you all mentioned. They have incredible work habits over there. In the video, the teenagers and Taylor were chasing rabbits to improve their speed and man were they fast. Pahokee has some incredible talent come out of there. I wish all residents the best of luck in the future.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    nah I was talking about the d-bag that pulled the trigger

11. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    damn.. that sucks. just plain and simply sucks. its a shame this happens so often in society nowadays. Such a shame it comes to this so many times now. Such a shame a talented kid as himself... actually that doesnt even matter. Its just a shame that a kid, trying to do good for himself, and trying to do the right thing and just walk away... ends up loosing his life. Thoughts and prayers to his family...

what a shame..

12. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    They've arrested two teenagers

The kid accused of firing the fatal shot is Glades Central's JV quarterback. For clarification, the 'club' mentioned is the local Boys & Girls Club.

Father says son didn't kill Pahokee player

The QB's father vehemently denies his son did anything wrong. Says his son was at home asleep at the time. Kid has a record though.

Read the story for photos and more.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  13. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    What a crying shame this really is.

14. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
  15. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    I hear ya brother. This is a story that just makes your stomach turn. Any follow up ? Have they caught the killer(s) yet ?