1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pains 2009 Dolphin Mock 1.1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Nov 24, 2008.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    1.Clint Sintim, SOLB, Virgina- I'm going with the general consensus with the experts on this. We need a talented LB opposite of J Peezy to cause Havoc. I had Jenkins when I last made my mock but I feel we will address corner in FA. Sintim is a RS Senior has 42.5 Tackles (12.5 this season) for Loss, 27 career sacks (11 so far in 08) Has experience in the 3-4 defense. I hope this guy is around when we pick because he is going to be a force!

2a.B.J. Raji, NT, Boston College-Jason Ferguson is getting up there in age and what better future replacement than Raji. I understand the kid has some issues but what a talent he is.

2b.Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri-I have a TE this high because I don't think Fasano or Martin can be a legitimate number 1 TE. Fasano is to inconsistent to my liking and always shys from contact over the middle and does not have the best of hands. Martin really impressed me but I doubt he will be with the team long term. Coffman has had a strong senior year to help his stock.

OR

Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State
    -To satisfy those who wanted another defender. Pegues should be a upgrade over Renaldo Hill.

3.Eric Wood, C, Louisville-Yes I'm keeping Wood in my mock because I really like him at Center. Has started every game at C since arriving at Louisville and has done a fantastic job. Should replace Satele at Center and move Satele to Guard or trade.

4.Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio ST-Robiskie is a solid possession WR and has very polished route running, and great body control. He wont be a burner at the next level but he knows enough to get open. We can reunite him with Ted Ginn Jr they would compliment one another quite nicely.

5.Antonio Appleby, ILB, Virginia-Lets get another Cavalier to go with Sintim. Appleby has great size and also plays in the 3-4 defense.

6.Andrew Hartline, OT, Central Michigan-We need some added depth to the O-line what better way to get a guy that has started 47 straight games. He will probably wont be here in the 6th but who cares :lol:

7a.Jeremy Navarre, DE, Maryland-Lets add more depth on that D-line with another 3-4 End!

7b.Jason Cook, FB, Ole Miss-Alright a true blocking FB Oh yeah!

What do you think? Yup no Corner at all I feel we will address it in FA. Again we build through the line this year. Fire away.

azfinfanmang, unifiedtheory and anlgp like this.
  2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Not enough defense. :lol:

3. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I guess I could have went Safety in round 2B instead of Coffman.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I agree with stitches. MORE D.

I want other teams to FEAR our defense. A defense will keep you in close games. We've got Long, Henne, Brown, Ginn (maybe) who can all help put up points. Lets stop others from putting up points on us.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  5. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I think we'll get a corner in FA too, but I think we have so many holes to fill in the secondary we'll still draft one.

I like the Raji pick.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  6. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Threw in Pegues from Miss St as a alt to Coffman.

7. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Buckeye, are you basing this off our position in the draft as well?

I have no knowledge of college ball but was just curious.

8. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Trying to. Its difficult to know values. I just try my best.

anlgp likes this.
  9. Yarg

Yarg New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Myers, FL
    The more I watch Sintim, the more I start to wonder if he's really gonna be worth the 15th to 19th pick.

Don't get me wrong, I love the things he has going for him, nice size, great dropping back into coverage, pass rush ability, comes from a familar scheme, but there are some issues I have with him.

First off all every Cavs game i've watched to scout Sintim i've noticed he is hesitant off the snap. On almost every play he takes his first step last out of the rest of the front 7 consistantly. I have no idea if this is a direct result of thier scheme or him having a lesser "Football Instint" than his teammates but when I watch the game tapes this is the first thing I notice.

The next thing I notice is that he isn't very aggressive at all in pursuit. Granted he's a SOLB not an ILB and it might be himself wanting to keep gap control, but if the play isn't coming his way he isn't going to even attempt to shed his block and pursue on the backside. To me it seems he takes plays off and while most of the time that doesn't matter but if you dont play hard and try to be as disruptive as you can every play, well you're not going to be disruptive.

Don't get me wrong being too aggressive can be counter productive at times but you'll never make impact plays being passive.

Lastly I don't see that Elite Explosiveness coming off the edge that you look for in a 3-4 OLB. I dont see him forcing Tackles to get out of thier kickslide to put their hands on him. A lot of the times when he is the edge blitzer, he'll try to get up field and if the tackle keeps up with him he just tries to stunt inside of the RDE instead of engaging the Tackle, showing almost defeat before even making contact. I dont think the plays i've seen him do this are designed that way but I could be wrong.

Overall I wouldn't be disappointed with Sintim as the pick but given his timidness I wont be expecting him to put up numbers anywhere near Joey's in the future. I could see him replacing AA inside later on down the line also.

This is just my opinion and in no way do I think it's the right one, it's just what i've gathered from watching 6 games or so recently.

If anyone has some other opinions/insight on Sintim, I'd love to hear it.

jim1 and BuckeyeKing like this.
  10. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I like it Maj but I'd swap out the tight end for another front seven player. I really think we need to double up at linebacker like we did this year with Merling and Langford. I want our first 4 picks devoted to the front seven.

Grabbing a young safety is a good idea. It will help on special teams as well.

I like the idea of not getting a corner to be honest. Goody is playing out of his mind, Will Allen is a damn good player and Jason Allen is playing better. I think we'll address the position in free agency although I don't think we'll spend huge dollars on someone. Adding a guy that could push JA at the nickle and play special teams would be good enough in my opinion.

We need to find a swing tackle. I think our 4th round pick is earmarked for a young O-lineman.

Our secondary has been alright and will look a hell of a lot better with a consistent pass rush.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  11. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Its early to predict whats going to happen. I thought about putting A corner but I just don't know much about most of the corners in this draft. I thought about putting Tyson Jackson DE from LSU with 2B but I figured it would be to late for him.

12. Yarg

Yarg New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Myers, FL
    Back to the Mock that Buckeye did, I could realisticly see this happening draft day.

At 2b I would like to see us pick up one of the remaining Passrushing/OLB prospects left. Who falls down that Far I don't know but I think the biggest need on this team is passrushers, plain and simple.

I like Appleby alot and I even like Jon Copper more (#54) but I don't think we'd ever pick him because of his size 6-0 230.

Overall out of this draft I think we should focus on front 7 and OL with the first 4 picks.

13. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I agree I'm fine with anything the FO does in the draft because its showing. We will probably double up on 2 OLB in the draft one for SSLB and WSLB. I tried to do this with balance. I didn't address the secondary because I do not know some of the guys that would be good like are they good in run support, how quick can they break to the ball things like that. I'll know more when the College Football season ends.

14. Yarg

Yarg New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Myers, FL
    I wouldn't even mind us going with a project ROLB that can be a situational passrusher for us on passing downs like Selvie.

He doesn't have ideal size to play LB from the get go, but you can't tell me that he doesn't explode up the field and bring the heat on the QB.

Like you said I just can't wait until the senior bowl and combine come around. We'll know much more by then.

15. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    I don't think our pick will be Selvie because he isn't a threat playing the run.

From Pain's original mock, I'll be a little surprised if Raji lasts till the middle portion of R2. As much as I've talked up front 7 players, a small part of me wonders quite a bit about Brandon Pettigrew and the Miami Dolphins 1st round pick.

16. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I like Pettigrew, but I thought TEs weren't a focal point in a Henning offense, so why take one in rd1? (from a personnel standpoint I mean, I am fine with us taking him personally)

17. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Firstly, I don't think Henning is going to be here for years and secondly, Ireland, Parcells and Sparano have all operated with major players, two deep at tight end. It's why they developed Witten into such a force, then drafted Fasano in 2. I certainly don't think Henning's offense outweighs the philosophy of what the management and the head coach have for this team. A tight end that runs, catches and blocks like Pettigrew does.......that's a rare commodity. He's a better player now than Witten was when Jason came out and Brandon has improved year on year in Stillwater and I don't think he's stopped improving.

18. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Nice mock, but I don't think that we need a TE and Raji really shouldn't be there for us in the 2nd. Fasano is just fine, plus we have Martin and Haynos. TE is the last position that I'd draft in the 1st, except for maybe QB. My focus remains on William Moore, Alex Mack, and some of the underclassmen WR's.

azfinfanmang and BuckeyeKing like this.
  19. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Do you think his arrest last year is going to throw up any red flags Boom? I believe he was originally charged with assault and battery on a police officer and public intoxication but it got pleaded down if I remember right. Would he still have a place on our board or no?

20. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Nice mock maj. Love the first pick. Big fan of Sintim. Raji would be great if he lasts that long. Coffman Im not so sure about. Id rather wait for a Bear Pascoe maybe in the 4th. Terrence Taylor would be nice or a safety like Courtney Greene or Michael Hamlin. I could see us going Antoine Caldwell there as well. Cant complain with the Eric Wood pick. Don't know much about Robiskie so can't really disagree with what I dont know. Appleby isnt a bad choice as long as he can play special teams. I also like Anthony Felder from Cal as an ILB for us. Didnt think we had a sixth because of the Ferg trade. The last two picks are any ones guess.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  21. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    You know Boom since we started winning and projected the latter of round 1 I threw in Pettigrews name in. I wonder what kind of a impact he could have. Both Fasano and Martin are serviceable but neither are truly threats. I feel the same way about Adoyle. They seem to be filler players until we draft for those spots.

Interesting So you think TE could outweigh ROLB come draft day?

Yeah Raji will probably not be there I really don't know is value. It would be awesome if lasts that long just because I think the FO would pull the trigger on him. Fasano is a pretty good TE but he is to inconsistent to be here long term. I figure we get a nice TE for the future of the team.

I'm alright on Michigan players :tongue2:

I thought we got back a 6th.. I could be mistaken :lol: I'm not even sure how many picks we have I can't find the site that I had bookmarked that had the draft order and all the trades.

22. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    #58 from Virginia? He's a soft player IMO. Sintim is around the ball on a much more regular basis than Appleby. Appleby is not going to make impact plays and is liek 4-5 round pick.

23. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    I certainly think it will be an issue. But it was apparently pretty out of character for the guy, who is supposedly a really good kid, good student, etc.

PerfectTeam likes this.
  24. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    1. Clint Sintim
    2. Louis Delmas
    2. Antoine Caldwell
    3. Dorell Scott
    4. Andrew Gardner

I could easily see that as our first five picks, although I suspect Delmas will probably end up in round 1.

25. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I couldn't see them drafting a TE.

Fasano and Martin have done pretty much everything asked of them. At this rate(And not taking into consideration they will probably get more touches with Camarillo out), they're both on pace to be in the 450-500 yard range on the season.

I think you've also got to consider that not only are they splitting time with each other, but our running backs have also gotten into their soup. All three of our runningbacks have been used extensively, and successfully split out wide, or as fullbacks or H-Backs, roles traditionally used by the TE. Patrick Cobbs has lined up mostly as an H-Back this year. Pretty much every shotgun formation we have has Ronnie Brown going in motion between WR, H-Back, and in the backfield. Ricky Williams also has done pretty well for himself as a receiver, too.

I think the role that the team sorely needs is a blocker. 205 pound Patrick Cobbs had the best game of any of our non-linemen blockers this year. Martin and Fasano have not been detrimental in this regard, but they have not been stellar, either.

This post brought to you by the "Bring Jim Kleinsasser to Miami" political action group

26. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX

I'd be pretty satisfied with those picks, obviously not knowing who else will be there.

You have Gardner slated as a G or T in the pros?

27. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Jason Cook is a pure Run blocker does not get any carries just is a run block something this team needs. Would be an upgrade over Polite IMO.

28. PerfectTeam

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    You think we go safety that high Boom? I don't much about Delmas other than the little bit you've mentioned.

29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Delma will be on tap tonight at 7:00 PM on ESPN. As well as Jamarko Simmons.

30. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    At this rate I'll have to buy shares in Sony. :shifty:

By the way it's ESPN2...............

alen1 likes this.
  31. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Alen I am beginning to get the impression you may be a football junkie. :lol:

32. joeydolfan

joeydolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Ft. Worth
    Con joining in and contributing to the addiction. Is there a football anonymous section in this site?

kyfinsfan and Conuficus like this.
  33. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol:

I try.

No, I really do. :knucks:

34. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

Tackle. Most definitely. But as a RT. He's been very solid in a pro style offense, but his stock will take a hit because of the injury and because he's been forced to play in that crazy offense at GT where his role on every down is simply to cut block the end.

35. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Come down off the roof, alen. It's not safe there. :shifty:

36. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Absolutley possible. We need a playmaking free safety with range. But he also needs to be smart, a leader, a captain. And Delmas is all that. He's blessed with tremendous instincts and a great ability when the ball's in the air.

37. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Will Delmas be playing as well?

;)

alen1 likes this.
  38. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    You like Delmas more than Rashad Johnson?

Also, curious as to where you think Rashad will end up...mid 2nd?

39. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Damn it. I missed the first half of this game because I had to go do something. Ugh!

40. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Do we even want to know what that something was :shifty:

Oh Boom do you have any insider knowledge on Senior Bowl invites?