1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pains 2009 Dolphin Mock 1.2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Feb 8, 2009.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    1.Clint Sintim, SOLB, Virginia-I'm still a fan of Sintim in Miami. played in the 3-4 so has the experience to play. Even with Wake we need someone who will replace Joey Porter.

2A.Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State-Athletically imposing for his size. Could help solidify the Dolphins line by adding more depth and a replacement for Holiday.

2B.Ron Brace, NT, Boston College-Mean nasty run stuffer who will replace Jason Ferguson. Team needs depth at NT.

3.Troy Kropog, OT, Tulane-Had a horrible senior bowl but if Miami is going to continue to build the offensive line into a power running attack Kropog is a good start. He helped Tulane open up running lanes for Matt Forte, and now Andre Anderson.

4. Domonique Johnson, CB, Jackson State. A good size physical corner that has the tools to be a very good corner. Has a great head on his shoulder can play the run effectively. Might take some time to develop at the next level but is a good project.

5.Dominique Edison, WR, Stephen F. Austin. His senior year was his best year with 64 receptions just under 1,000 yards and 17 TD's. Has great size and speed. Should be a riser after the combine.

7A.Dallas Reynolds, OL, BYU. Reynolds is a guy that can play multiple positions on the offensive line. He was the leader on that high powered BYU line also started 37 consecutive games with a solid work ethic. I peg him to be a Bill Parcells guy.

7B.Darcel McBath, FS, Texas Tech.

7C.Jervonte Jackson, DE, Florida Atlantic.

Did I get enough defensive guys in there?

Aqua4Ever04 and Silverphin like this.
  2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Truth be told, I'd take Frantz Joseph in the 5th. And not because I'm an FAU fan, but he has shown time and time again that he's a big time player.

But even without taking Frantz, I would like this draft

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    What is your take on Jervonte Jackson?

Silverphin likes this.
  4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He's an underrated DT who can get to the QB. Once he gets his hand on one, the QB is going nowhere. He's also stout at the point of attack and against the run. I would like to have him here. 3-4 End.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  5. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I was thinking depth if anything it would be nice to have nice starting rotation. I believe Delmas could be the first Saftey taken I was think either Saftey or Corner with that 2A pick but I was thinking how talented Gilbert is and the potential he has been flashing.

Its no secret we need depth on the O-line so I was thinking Carey would be here for 1 more year before getting the boot unless we kick him inside. I was thinking depth moreso with need.

Trying to think like BP by getting more depth at the O/D Lines. I think if we continue to build the O/D lines I think we would be set for the next decade.

6. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I don't think you can have enough 3-4 Defensive ends. Having depth like that would take away risks players would be pretty rested having talent like that. Of course it depends on who is there with the 2A pick if a premier Corner or FS I would think that would be the sure need.

7. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Kenny Britt:tantrum: