1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panda beefs and coach Jefferson is crazy as hell

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    - The more I listen to coach Gase talk, the more I think he sounds like Rolf from the Muppets if he were a head coach. In fact, visions of that round headed brown dog wearing a visor create a funny mental image when I watch Gase giving a presser.

-Our wide receivers coach, Shawn Jefferson is "crazy as hell". That quote is from Keye or Peele(the bald one) when he used to do that cracked out street urchin character on Mad TV...He used to come out with nothing but sweat pants and antagonize everyone he met. Jefferson approaches that mentality in his latest interview. He creeps me out with his excessive use of the phrase, "you know what I mean!" We get it, you can flap your jaws nonstop while dropping sheit colloquialisms ala the player haters club. Can you drop some knowledge while not being so annoying? I also don't like his war analogies as applied to football...I got no faith in that coach to help fine tune our most talented group. Gase wants to know why his offense is sleepwalking? Hmmmmm...At least Parcells made sound, cogent points and was amusing while being an A-hole.

-Well, our two weakest units are at least gaining experience against our top two units. The offensive line should be allowed to settle soon; the sooner the better. The unsettled line and Tunsil being eased in via the second team is annoying, but it's still early. Our CB's see a good variety of receivers. Which should only help them. Hell, just chasing Jakeem around should help them.

- Lastly, why hasn't the practice tweet evolved by now? Kudos to any beat writer that attaches an actual video to his tweet. The vague context with these tweets has simply stagnated to the likes of idiocracy. They really stick to their own beliefs, as well. Not a year goes by that a coach emphasizes not to read into the depth chart. Only to have speculative tweets stirring the pot on that very thing.

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That is just a verbal crutch. My Aunt, says, "you know what I mean" all of the freaking time. Has her entire life.

Also, I love Shawn Jefferson's interviews. He is very entertaining while dropping knowledge.

dolfan7171 and Pandarilla like this.
  3. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Your Aunt is gangsta... I'm such an ***.

Yeah, my A-hole threshold is pretty weak these days. He may win me over yet.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    My Aunt is white bread.

I don't see anything about him being an a-hole. I find his words very inspirational and loves the way he talks about personal accountability, while helping the guy next to you to get better.

dolfan7171, Agua and Pandarilla like this.
  5. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Yeah, the jokes are better when you get them...

You find his words inspirational? I'll have to rewatch it now.

6. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Yup, just rewatched it, amped up and crazy as hell!

Thought he was close to grabbing a beat writer and shaking him at the apex of his ampedness. Repeats the first word of every sentence badly at the beginning, all crazy. His use of "you know what I'm sayin'" is like ghetto brainwashing 101 and no, your white bread aunt does not use it like that. And if you want to press me further I will notate a reply he answered verbatim that makes no sense unless understood completely in an emotional context ala Keegan Michael Key.

7. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    We are obviously watching different things.

Used "you know what I am saying"just like a verbal crutch.

Didn't seem crazy at all. Would have loved to have him as a coach.

Agua likes this.
  8. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Fair enough, agree to disagree.