1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panda's Pittances

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Jags are the Raiders of the East.

Martin is already a serviceable swing tackle. Makes Long trade bait or expendable. Jake may have to re-sign for less with incentives.

Odrick needs to validate his existence.

You can't tell me Egnew is going the route of John Nalbone. Kid is too fast and makes tough catches.

Vernon looks like he hit the rookie wall. However, I hope he replaces Odrick for good next year.

Ireland survived...He can cement his future with a solid draft that happens to be loaded at areas of need.

49ers Crabtree reminds me of OJ McDuffie. And I feel like they exorcised the Monday Night Miracle jinx.

Good to see Carpenter regaining his form.

Fasano just continues to work.

Tannehill is going to be prolific if he gets decent protection. I suspect we'll see more big running back projects drafted in the 6th.

Guy Whimper...

[​IMG]

Myeh, now fetch me my ale lackeys...and bring back two strapping young lads such as yourselves, mmhmmher.

Hiruma78 and Den54 like this.
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    - Odrick does not need to validate anything. he's good against the run, and provides pressure up the middle when they move him inside. when starks is gone next year, we will be fine with Starks in the middle.

and for a second I thought Egnew was active based on your statement. I hope he pans out, but the fact that he hasn't played yet really has me questioning his future. I think we're better off going after Keller and give Egnew more time to develop.

Pandarilla likes this.
  3. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Odrick is underwhelming for a first round pick...He's the Marco Coleman of this generation.

Apparently Hellen Keller is more competent than Egnew at the moment...

[​IMG]

Wa..wa...wa-ter?!?

4. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    people need to get past the first round pick thing. It's history and a waste of energy to think about it. the only thing that matters is whether he will be a good starter for us when Starks is gone. IMO, he will be because he is currently not at his optimal position.

Pandarilla likes this.
  6. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Odrick is a solid tackle who shouldn't be playing DE. Starks may not be re-signed to save the cash to re-sign Soliai later. Odrick is solid against the run...and a disruptive force inside. Soliai/Odrick/Randall will make a fine threesome in the middle along with whoever they pick up to be the 4th guy. Just got to get a valid DE to play opposite Wake which there are some nice options in round 1.

Bpk likes this.
  7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Why would you need to forget what resources a guy cost you? By this argument if jimmy Wilson were a 1st round pick we shouldn't mind.

You lose football games when you don't maximize draft picks.

Pandarilla likes this.
  8. Bpk

All of this.

But can Jeff get it done?

More likely he keeps Starks, keeps Soliai, drafts a NT in the first.

9. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I will vomit.

10. Bpk

Will it be aqua and orange?

11. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Daniel Thomas in the slot...

12. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    Odrick is pretty solid for a late 1st round pick. And he's been very productive lately -- in the last 4 games he has 3 sacks, 4 QB hits, 5 hurries and 7 stops.

Marco Coleman was a much earlier pick and probably produced more like a late-1st rounder but was also a pretty good player. Like it or not, that's about what you can expect in the latter part of the 1st round.

Pandarilla and eltos_lightfoot like this.
  13. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    Actually what you can expect is probably less than a 50% chance of landing even a starter, since the hit rate on landing starters in the first round overall is a mere 50%. Odrick is a coup compared to that.

Pandarilla likes this.
  14. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    Well, I think that 50% is for starting as a rookie. It's closer to 80-90% of first round picks eventually becoming a starter. Odrick didn't start as a rookie, albeit as a result of injury. I wouldn't call him a coup at 28th overall, but I'd say he's about what you expect to get there.

15. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    We cannot trade Long unless we sign him and he is not signing for his true Value. If I was his agent I would be surfing the marker already. They will be some hard up coach out there that will beg his GM to pay him. Good luck to the kid because no way we sign him for big money.

16. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    All good points; Odrick has been my whipping boy but you guys changed my mind...I clearly wasn't aware of the 3 sacks in last 4 games.

Damn my crappy streaming capabilities...

17. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    As much as I am on board with you on this, I think there is a chance we still try to resign him even if it does cost a lot of money. I am on the fence in my opinion of Jeff Ireland, but actually lean towards liking what he has done here so far. That being said, I will be incredibly pissed if we pay Long a ton of money.