1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panthers fan looking to talk some NFLN football

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by itsnotgonnabealright, Nov 16, 2009.

1. itsnotgonnabealright

itsnotgonnabealright New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Looking forward to your boys making their way up Charlotte this Thurday. Curious what your takes on the game are? Realistically, in my mind, the teams matchup almost identically with the exceptions that our run d isn't all that spectacular and your run d is doing remarkably well.

Bpk and Clipse like this.
  2. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I think this game comes down to a few things:

1. Can the Fins run the ball on the Panthers keeping Chad is comfortable situations.
    2. Can the Fins contain S Smith?
    3. Don't know much about your TE but we have not been able to cover one all year.

3. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Yeah its looks to be an interesting game. I am worried though that Ronnie is likely out. Should be a great game though,hope it is an injury free game. Welcome by the way.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    special teams and mistakes will play a huge role imo. even something as simple as field goal kicking and field position will be important.....hopefully ted ginn has a good game retuning kicks for us.....setting our offense up with good field position.

forcing your offense into 3rd and longs and getting pressure on delhomme....forcing bad passes is how we win. i honestly believe both teams will try very hard to make the quarterbacks win the game (bye stopping the run) whoever can do that, and force the most mistakes wins the game.

will be a good one.....national TV.....ill be there....gunna be fantastic :hi5:

2k5 likes this.
  5. itsnotgonnabealright

Nov 16, 2009
    We have a trio of capable TE's in Rosario, Barnridge, and King (the starter). However, covering them shouldn't be too worrisome as the Panthers are a run-first, smash mouth team and TE's are used more to block than catch. The key there is Jake and whether or not he even looks for them on field, something he has been doing more this season.

As for Mr. Smith, I would be more worried that Mr. Muhammed had a great game on Sunday and presents a capable spell for Smitty.

As for your run game, our run d has solidified since we beefed up a weak interior line. Still a little leaky though. Don't loose sleep over that.

6. itsnotgonnabealright

Nov 16, 2009
    Hear hear to an injury free game. Lot of good players on both of these teams. None of them need to be on the sideline.

7. itsnotgonnabealright

Nov 16, 2009
    If I can get some tickets, I owe you a beer. Your a classy dude.

SICK likes this.
  8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    if you were a jet fan you wouldnt say that haha

i live in charlotte now, i follow the panthers.....no need to be a dick. i keep it classy for fans i like and teams i enjoy watching....ive been on the huddle sence last december, been treated well the entire time....its been great.

9. itsnotgonnabealright

Nov 16, 2009
    Eh....jets....looking forward to playing that joke of a team next week.....my AFC teams reside in the North (Ravens and Bengals) but I was always a Marino fan. Thank you, Ace Ventura.

Anyway, you've been a good guy over on our site and I hope I can live up to the standard.

And I'll listen to your radio show if you listen to mine.

10. itsnotgonnabealright

Nov 16, 2009
    Back to football, where you guys are worried about losing Brown, I'm tearing my hair out over losing Jordan Gross. Losing a playmaker is detrimental, but losing the guy who keeps your playmakers clean is catastrophic.

11. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I have a bad feeling about this game. Our offense isn't playing well, Carolina is surging and it's in their house. When Carolina started out the season looking like crap, I was thinking we could take this game easy, but now I don't know if we can beat them.

12. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    how do we listen to your show? maybe we can cross promote....ill guest on your show, you guest on mine? would be cool.....pm me or let me know bro! im goin to bed if i dont respond, you will know why :lol:

13. itsnotgonnabealright

Nov 16, 2009
    The Dread and Ned show (I'm Ned) on OnPoint.FM on Saturday's from 12-1. All Carolina Sports, most of the time. We're taking a hiatus for a moment to revamp the personel and the show format, be back on next week.

But I'll be happy to call in to your show to discuss the game!

SICK likes this.
  14. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I'd be shocked if the Panthers don't try to get their TE's involved in the passing game. TE's have killed us all year.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  15. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    The Panthers are gonna lose by 1.

16. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    The battle of Long-Peppers will be a key match up worth watching all game.... as will how/if Vontae can contain Smith.

This should be a serious grudge match IMO. I'm thinkin the team who capitalizes on the first TO wins.

17. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Welcome to the board!

I think the Panthers and Dolphins are both pretty similar, and will have similar gameplans as well.

Both teams are great running teams, with two very good RB's each. However, Ronnie injured his foot/ankle against the Bucs, and will probably miss the Panthers game. However, this may prove to be a good thing, as it means we may run more base offense, allowing us to actually get a rhythm on offense for once. Both teams have average at best passing games. Carolina because Delhomme has just been awful this year, and Miami because we have the worst WR's in the league. I fully expect this to be a smashmouth game with both teams trying to run, run, and run some more. This will be a close game, and it can go either way. More than likely we'll dominate the 1st half, blitzing most of the time, getting lots of pressure and creating turnovers, followed by a pretty even 3rd quarter. Then with a double digit lead in the 4th, Miami will implode, thanks mostly in part to us playing vanilla ball, totally stop blitzing, and trying to sit on the lead and playing for FG's. Carolina will catch up quickly, and who knows what happens from there. That's how every game has been so far for us it seems :pity:

SICK likes this.
  18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I think you might see something extra from our oline...knowing them, they might look at this as a chance to show what they can do in the proset running game...Ricky compliments that dynamic beautifully.

19. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    First and foremost, always always great to have honorable fans of opposing teams.
    You sir have done very well to REP the Panthers in a Classy respectable way.
    Have always liked the Panthers, and as many have mentioned, these teams are very very similar.
    What worries me is Jonathan Stewart as he is very physical and our defense has shown to start fading in the 4th quarter.
    Truth is, if we get on a hot streak, I think we still challenge for the Division.
    If we lose, we are as good as DONE.
    Field position will be HUGE, and I think Ginn and Brondon Fields could play very important roles...but we will see.
    Here's to a well faught, injury free game :ffic:

SICK likes this.