1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells & Co. turning up intensity, changing culture

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jun 27, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3462066

Crunkcore, Larryfinfan, alen1 and 6 others like this.
  2. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Bill certainly knows how to motivate players (at least the non-primadonna ones).

In addition to the Front Office acquiring talent, the players we already had should be in better shape, be practising harder, more studious in the film room and altogether perform better than under the last regime.

Squeezing all the potential out of each player.

Expect to see some pleasant surprises this year from players you had written off.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I think this is huge for us. These guys are finally going to be able to play a full 60 minute game better than they have in the last couple of years thats for sure.

With the kind of money these guys are being paid, I'd say anyone who objects to this kind of work out program either, better have a damn good reason(say an injury) or they should just get out. and leave behind their contract too.

I can't wait to see the difference this makes to our team

4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Imagine lifting weights and Bill staring at you...my guess is you do one more.

cnc66, alen1 and PMZQ like this.
  5. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Can you imagine Parcells staring at you ? You'd feel about 2 inches tall. I know he's making a lot of sphincters tighten around the camp and I'm all for that. These guys were a bunch of wusses last year, and BP won't ever put up with that.

6. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    You got that right :hi5: And its all good bro....these guys will be BULLS on the field.

7. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    No offense to you ATVZ, but this is the same tired *** crap we've been reading since March. Only 6 weeks till pre-season thank God.

8. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

While this is something we all knew about Parcells, it's still good to hear it again. I agree with Trowa that we've certainly heard it before and will hear again probably before training camp begins. This really slow time of year for the NFL.

But let me say this, what I really think is to be different about this year is the overall talent that we have now. The biggest problem that we've had the last few years is simply lack of talent. Again this is all on paper but right now the offensive line is certainly better than the last few years, the quarterback position is better than the last few years, the linebacking core is better than last few years, and certainly the special teams appear to be better. These are the things I'll make the difference in wins and losses this year versus the last few years.

9. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Hopefully the intensity carries to the regular season.

10. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    ESPN on Dolphins & AFC East

Parcells Changing Culture

A lot of material we've already gone over - but a very reasonable, non-kneejerk, and clearly non-South Florida media-type, article! He take the whole JT thing with a lot less drama and gossip.

Among other nice tidbits, I liked this part, as it relates to the off-season workout program:

Kanye West and alen1 like this.
  11. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Last year there were I believe seven games lost by 3 to 7 points, so this year could be more promising. No I'm not giving a winning record or anything I'm just saying with a little luck, better coaching, and all the change being positive that it may not be another terrible season.