1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells-draft-cowboys

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mi2cents, Dec 20, 2007.

1. mi2cents

mi2cents New Member

IF....and thats a Big IF....we were thinking about trading our first overall to the cowboys for their 3 or 4 picks (what ever the deal may have been)....do you think that the Parcells/J. Jones conection...good-bad or indifferent would have a possitive or negative outcome:glare:

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    They don't have enough firepower to legitamitely make a trade with draft picks alone. Only affect Parcells might have is determining who is worthwhile player on thier roster to get in a trade too. People just need to get over the Dallas to #1 trade, it's got less than a 5% chance of happening.

3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Parcells has contacts and connections throughout each organization. I wouldnt leave the the only logical options to JETS, PATS, BOYS, or G-MEN based on his past tenure.

If trading out of #1 overall is the right thing to do he will seek a response from every other franchise and make the best deal.

P.S. With Parcells recent stint with ESPN the offseason coverage and perhaps (insider rumors/leaks) focusing/speculating on what Miami is up to, and media coverage helping/aiding us to play off all other teams could be an asset.

4. Etuoo33

Etuoo33 New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Melrose FL
    I'm not for any deal with the 'Boys, they will be picking at the end of the next two draft rounds! Does anybody remember Shula, who took medium players farther than anyone expected and was rewarded by late round picks? At this point we need the top of the heap player that you find at the top of the draft and top of each rounds,...BPA's. I'm for trading the pick but wouldn't want to drop out of the top 5-7 pick as the talent level seems to drop dramaticly.

5. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I just think Parcells wants to have been hired by every team in the AFC East, in two years he will bolt for the Bills.:unsure:

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't think so. Miami is a retirement home for everyone in the world. Parcells stays in Miami, with very good pay from Huizenga, and he will do a 180 with the Dolphins.

7. DolfanDaveInATX

DolfanDaveInATX New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Not to mention that Tuna has a house in Jupiter and is one of Wayne's golfing buddies.

8. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    there is no way JerryJ is that stupid for trading his picks for our #1. the only way I can see JerryJ getting McF is if he falls past the top5 into 6 - 10 range like AP last year. with that said, i doubt Jets will let him slip if they end up with the #2 pick.

i believe the last time someone traded #1's for someone if you want to call it is with the Giants & Chargers. let me ask you this, who got the better end of the deal? I believe the chargers did.

9. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    The Chargers have had #1 overall two times in the past 10 years, both times they managed to trade down, and both times they ended up on the better end of the deal ultimately.

10. jonanthans

jonanthans New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Louisiana
    It would take more than Dallas' 2 first rounders to get the overall from us anyhow. There would have to be a third involved as well.

11. Dtronic

Dtronic Season Tickets Sec. 150

Dec 7, 2007
    Cape Coral FL
    I really think he'll trade down to be able to mold the team more quickly. And I guarantee Parcells knows more than anyone what it would take to get the Cowboys to trade.

12. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Maybe im totalt off here, but I think bill will go defense with the #1, or if Ronnie, Ricky are on the way out... TUNA will not have ricky on this team causing the problems he has caused..

13. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Why would Bill go anywhere with the pick, or negotiate a trade? He is not GM.

14. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    YEAH they didn't end up drafting Eli Manning. :lol:

15. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX

They did draft Eli, they just never signed him.

16. sabanhater

sabanhater New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Dorfdad, I see Ricky here next season. Probably traded mis season to a desperate team in need of a RB. He never built his value up due to some idiot stepping on him (on purpose)

17. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Why would you limit yourself to strictly this draft? We are in a rebuilding process. So ask for a first rounder in the 2009 draft too. That way you get your value and can look forward to having firepower in the following year's draft.

18. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO

Which was a very good thing on the Chargers part....Eli and his daddy did the Chargers a big favor by refusing to sign with them. :lol: