1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells-Henning friendship was forged at Florida State in 1970

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jul 3, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphi..._george_0703.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

"

PMZQ and Crunkcore like this.
  2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Bill may not be for everybody, but he's definitely for us! gotta like what Henning says about being excited to take on the challenge. Henning has a boatload of solid experience behind him and has won 2 SB's as OC for the Skins, I loved how he showed flexibility by helping win 1 SB with a power running game, and the other with a solid passing game.

We may not win a lot of games this season, but we will see steady improvement in every area, stuff we as fans can sink our teeth into and feel really good about the future. Thanks for the link Anthony, though I already had read the article in this morning's paper, a lot of folks will enjoy it, it's a good article.

PMZQ likes this.
  3. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    thanks bro, nice read.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  4. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    It's great that Bill, as rough around the edges as he can be has the guys working for him that already know exactly what to expect from him. I would hope that will keep any FO staff from developing any disruptive fueds.

Secondly I can't help but welcome the quoted view above and reminisce about how different a strategy this is and to reiterate just how bad this franchise had it under Wanny.

Someone posted an all decade team for the Phins.
    On the OL you had:
    Tim Ruddy: who was a good player in his time and did a good job the first couple of years in the 2000's BUT he was aging and nagging injuries hampered his play. It was clear we needed a replacement soon.

Mark Dixon: Great fiery player but again, a player that had immense injury problems and it was clear we needed a replacment.

Todd Wade and Todd Perry being on any "all decade team" is a joke and a half.

Then you come to Vernon Carey who was only invested in because Wannstedt was stripped of his GM powers.

It's criminal how this team was managed back then.
    Wannstedt took Jimmy's preference of trying to find gems of OL late and from scrap heaps as gospel and the only way to build it.

How on earth do you expect to win if you get pushed up and down the field?

Many may not like Parcells personally but at least on the surface, it seems he certainly has his priorities straight in rebuilding this franchise.

5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I think Henne is right about the O Line. It all starts there.

6. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    Tim was smart but got overpowered commonly. His replacement was Seth McKinnie. He was a lot like Tim, without the smarts. :pity:

gafinfan likes this.
  7. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Cool read.