1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells: I'm not looking for pretty boys and dope-smoking guys

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatic8480, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami

2. dabeastdabone

dabeastdabone New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Yeah, right. Parcells has had his share of "bad seed's"...Hell LT1 was the poster child for NFL players on cocaine.

3. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    Was LT on coke before he got drafted.Look what Parcell did when he found out Quicy Carte was smoking pot and doing coke. I think the Tuna will stick by his word.

4. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Nothing was ever proven about Quincy Carter. IMO Parcells cut him just so that he could bring in Testaverde. Bill himself gave no reason for the move, and the Jets signed Carter straight after so I doubt they saw any validity in the claims either.

Whichever way you want to look at it, Parcells sure sounds like a damn hypocrite. L.T. would never be allowed to play football nowadays.

5. phenomenalphin

phenomenalphin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 1, 2007
    South Florida
    I guess we know where Ricky Williams stands.

6. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Look at it this way. The Tuna also "wants the good players to stay." No hypocrisy necessary. If Ricky has truly repented, and made an act of perfect contrition, then he's a "good character guy," right? All he has to do is continue to pass the drug tests, and he's a certified repentant sinner. Especially if he tears up the NFL during the preseason. If not, he's just a dope smoker, right? Win-win for the Tuna.

7. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    If he makes our roster as talented as the Cowboys was under his tenure/is right now; no complaints from me.

8. dolfan121

dolfan121 New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Port Charlotte

9. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Yup. On our sidelines and inbetween the hashes. :up:

I dont see why Parcells would get rid of a once elite back playing for the vet minimum. Ricky has his heart back in the game, and will prove invaluable while Ronnie is on his way to 100%. And please dont tell me Ronnie will be 100% by week 1, or week 13 for that matter.

Bottom line, Ricky can take it to the house with any carry. He is still explosive, patient, fast, physical, and knows how to get into the secondary. All while offering Miami no trade value. Do the math.

Parcells will be very silly to let Ricky go.

10. psingh01

psingh01 New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Got to love Parcells. Using his Va. Tech. pep talk to slip that Ricky is a goner. What next? Pee wee league scouting to name a new director of cheerleaders? :)

11. Pjack

Pjack New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Cowboys released a statement that he was released for a failed drug test . Do you believe if it wasn't true, Quincy would have done nothing? I know I would have sued their @sses off. He did nothing to dispute the reason for his dismissal.

LT was not a coke head until after he got to the Giants. Parcell's was not head coach until LT's second year when Perkins took the Bama job. As far as accepting him after failing drug tests during his tenure....you have a point. I assume he learned his lesson after dealing with LT and those disruptions whiling trying to coach that team. Anyway, I for one am hoping he will live my his current convictions which includes finally giving Ricky his walking papers. I know he might help this team next year, but you can't count on him and I would personally like to see him gone.