1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells knows his stuff, but he can't do it alone

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Aug 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/625231.html

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Instead of naming the negatives Armando , why don't you name the positives? Like Parcells wanting Kevin Williams in the draft to have it overruled by one of those "foils" named Jerry Jones. They ended up with Terrence Newman, whose a good corner but I'd rather take Kevin Williams.

The team is trying to build up a positive atmosphere and he puts out these articles. I know its his job to do this but I sometimes feel like we are the early 2000's Browns.

3. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    I think its good to see a little banter between coach sparano and bill. At least we know that coach sparano isnt a push over, im really starting to like the guy. The way he handles himself and the way he talks about his players is pretty cool. Ive been watching alot of his press conferences on Miamidolphins.com, he a tough sonunvabeech.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    First of all, the cowboys havent done jack since they got TO accept underachieve last year. That team choked because parcells was not there.

2nd of all, to parcells its not about just doing it, its about getting it done with people that he feels are quality human beings. To whick i respect tremendously.

I dont care how talented a TO is, i dont wanna root for that type of personality,i want players on my team that bleed the aqua and are all about the team.

So far just watching these guys in all their interviews and hearing what them and all the coaches have to say, i myself am having the greatest time being a fan because i know their all about the team and each other, so gratifying to me.

alen1 likes this.
  5. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    A rather pointless article.

You mean in some 25 or so years Parcells hasn't always been correct? He's made some move that have been arguable? :rolleyes:

6. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    isnt the way it's supposed to work?

I mean the coach coaches the talent the front office gives him.. Only in the last few years ahve we been having these Coach/GM roles which im not sure do anything good for your franchise. It's alomst never worked out..

Coach who your given coach..