1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells masterminds Dolphins' turnaround

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NFL Football stats, scores, standings, blogs and fantasy news from NFL Football columnists

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- The man with the familiar frown and fishy nickname observes practices from the sideline and games from a skybox. He brainstorms with his staff, spends hours studying film and prods players in private. He arrives for work early but, at 67, sometimes calls it a day around early-bird-special time.

"When I go to the mall, people come up and ask for my autograph," linebacker Matt Roth says. "Before they would head in the other direction."

GoPhins! likes this.
  2. Rickster

Rickster New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    "When I go to the mall, people come up and ask for my autograph," linebacker Matt Roth says. "Before they would head in the other direction."

I truly dont believe that people would avoid him simply because the Dolphins had a losing schedule over a winning one. Seems a bit far-fetched.

3. StLouisFinFan

StLouisFinFan New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    and they've been at their best in the fourth quarter.

Been a loooooooooong time since we've able to say that of a Miami Dolphins team. So sweet to read and even sweeter to say.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  4. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I hear you bro. This article was in the latest SN that came the other day. I thought everyone would enjoy it.:hi5:

5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    when we were losing probably not many people recognized him. they probably just thought he was a big scary looking dude, and wanted to avoid being eaten.

6. Die_Nasty

Die_Nasty Well-Known Member

May 16, 2008
    West Palm Beach, FL
    lol probably true. He is obviously is talking about the casual fan. All of us would obviously go up to him. I know I would.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    one of the Biggest parcells fan on this board. I knew he was the best, very grateful.

8. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    You're probably right. I was thinking it was said pretty much tongue in cheek, just as an illustration.