1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells replacement??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Mar 24, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    calphin likes this.
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    DolfanJake and finyank13 like this.
  3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I usually defend Profootballtalk, but this article is garbage. They are friends. This is a known fact. They ate lunch together. Big whoop!

4. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Noooooooooooo.

5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    seriously I'll meet ya, I'm sliding down the razor blade....

Ross you goon, dont you know who you have! you are going to hire Carl Peterson??? I mean this is all predicated on if Tuna leaves, but he leaves because of this crap, not because of something else!!!! Dude worry about filling the place up!!! not this...:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I've said it again and will continue to do so...why would it surprise anyone that Parcells would leave Miami before his contract is up ?? It's going to happen, he has never lived out an NFL contract yet (of course, I don't know about when he was an assistant coach). Look it up...he's either been let go early or he's resigned at every stop. He'll do the same here. The only advantage here is that he gets paid one way or the other...

That said, Peterson and Ross go way back. They've been friends for a long time, so them being seen together isn't a shock either...

Either way, nothing will happen with him until after the draft...that's when Parcells is likely to dump us, imho...

steveincolorado likes this.
  7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    true I get and know that, but every off season, we as fans catch this question, is he staying or going, and everybody is on edge, until he comes away from the dog-track and says he isn't going anywhere....however at some point he could walk.....

All I'm saying is make a phone call, send flowers, do something....lunch is overrated anyway..go to the strip joint or something...

8. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    I am not sure what to think,they are just friends having lunch together so it is not out of the ordinary. When Parcells does leave though,I want Peterson nowhere near the team and leave Sparano and Ireland alone they can function well without Parcells.

finyank13 likes this.
  9. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    How long is his contract??? You know?? and he left those other clubs in good shape, his legacy would be tarnished kinda, mucho unfinished business left here...however I dont think he gives a rats arse about that lol....

Larryfinfan likes this.
  10. Larryfinfan

Ahh, the article doesn't say they were seen together, it says they were seen together repeatedly ??

And in defense of PFT, that site has improved immeasurably over the last two years....they actually have some substance to their stuff....however, Florio still likes to 'read into' every bit of info he gets his hands on... I don't know him personally, but I'll bet he's a 'glass half empty' sort...

11. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I recall some stories not too long ago about Peterson having no desire to do anything related to football, but wanting to get involved with the business side of a football team.

12. Larryfinfan

All I'm saying is that it's a fact that he doesn't live out contracts...good or bad, his fault or not, he doesn't live them out...You're right tho, he certainly doesn't give a rats arse about his contract, us or most anything else other than himself. Again, right, wrong or indifferent....he can have just about any job in the NFL he wants, so what incentive is there to stay here. Not money, not prestige, not power...what else is there to keep him here ??

13. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Four years IIRC, FY.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  14. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Isnt his primary residence down there...?? Dog Tracks?? Ocean Drive hotties...no federal income tax....clear water...something?? anything other than say Jacksonville, or Tennessee, or someplace else...just throwing names out there..

15. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Of which he has been here 2, heading into his 3rd year, and if Larryfinfan is correct about him not living out contracts, which he is, guess what boys???? This is the ole bye bye year....

I could care less if he goes, does Ireland, and Tony get disenfranchised and leave, or get fired is what I get more concerned with..

DolfanJake and Thunderbolt89 like this.
  16. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    This is just more of florio's mindless speculation.

First, and he's updated the story to include this, Peterson is an investor in Kangaroo TV which Ross recently purchased (the handheld tv's to be used in stadium). Peterson assisted Ross with the sales pitch to the other owners which makes sense because Petersen knows all those guys too.

Second, Ross and Petersen have an established relationship but florio's speculation assumes that over the course of the last two years that Ross has developed no relationship with Sparano/Ireland and that he will throw them out immediately upon Parcells departue. I find this unlikely.

Finally, why assume that Parcells will be so quick to leave a job that pays him $4 million per year yet requires virtually no work, or at least only as much as Parcells feels necessary to put in.

Frumundah Finnatic and finyank13 like this.
  17. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Just say no to Peterson. I watched him destroy the Chiefs while I lived there. If this is true, and I hope it isn't, dark days will ensue...

18. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Parcells won't leave until he's done building the team. He doesn't want to walk away from a shoddy product that would be admitting defeat. He just seems to enjoy building winning teams and once he's done he gets bored and moves on. I don't think he's ever left a team in disrepair? As best I can remember all his teams were contendors by the time he left.

19. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I think Parcells stays and signs on for 3 more years with a nice raise...

If Florio can speculate so can I

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I propose we replace Parcells with this man:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure who he is, but he looks like he means business...

Califin, MonstBlitz and Fin D like this.
  21. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    i saw ross talking to a bumb outside the stadium. BUMB TO BE MIAMI'S NEW WR. You heard it here first folks.

cobrajet likes this.
  22. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    Those guys have been friends for years and being in each others company means nothing. HOWEVER...........: If this is true, (and I said if) it would explain the flood of odd front office moves they have made within the last three months per my post on the subject two weeks ago. There is something funny going on with the sudden organizational turnover, but I doubt this is it. Parcells is as secure and Parcells desires to be.

cobrajet likes this.
  23. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm not really a big fan of CP, but he did build some pretty damn good teams in KC. I'm not defending him, but if it happens, it happens.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  24. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Bull****.

25. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

We already have a bum receiver

steveincolorado likes this.
  26. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Aside from money, Parcells stands to gain nothing from leaving.

Ross gives him a blank check, he is in charge top to bottom (like he's always wanted), has his guys in place below him, doesn't have to do anything but scout talent, which he'd likely do if he retired as a fun sort of thing (how many people come to this forum and do it out of hobby?)

Parcells totally MAY go somewhere, thats possible, but I just don't see why. He will NOT get a gig this good elsewhere, there are very few owners who will give anyone carte blanche with their checkbook in the trust that it is for the best of the team. And I don't think Wayne Huizenga would have sold to Ross if he thought that Ross was going to scare Parcells away.

I just think this is part of the yearly "We're gonna lose the Tuna" talk. He'll go one day, but he's set up enough building blocks on this team that unless Ross hires someone who wants to re-invent the wheel, we'll be fine.

27. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Parcells will stay at least until next year IMO.

cobrajet likes this.
  28. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    only if he's decided to coach our team w/o the intermediaries

29. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    No surprise to me.I think bills gone after this season.
    lets move on.

30. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    Bill and Tony / Jeff are too tight. He will stay until he is done mentoring them. To the Tuna, it's all about the commitment to his fiends.

For the first time ever Tuna has what he has always wanted - a team to run all by himself without owner interference and with total subordinate cooperation.

If it was about the money he would have taken the cash and ran along time ago. There is obviously more here than that. This team is his pet project.

31. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

There is only one man who could replace Parcells...center in pic below. :up:

[​IMG]

32. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I disagree, if we're gonna take that angle, it's Joe Peschi or bust

33. Larryfinfan

Yeah, his main home is here, but is that because he has an office in Davie or that he just enjoys the weather and ummm other amenities. Actually it's probably both, although some in the media think his main home is Saratoga ?? I don't know where he'd go if he left here, but he can have any job he wants (maybe not in Dallas), he has more than enough money to live off of, he can always go back to ESPN or NFLN, and he has no ties to bind him here...at least not contractually, and he's notorious for leaving his positions before the contracts expire in the NFL. All the signs lead to him elsewhere come May 1. I don't want him to leave just yet and he has 2 more years on his contract, but that doesn't mean he'll be staying...

34. Larryfinfan

Yeah, and him being and investor and in with the sales pitch with Ross makes it pretty normal that they'd be seen together. I don't think this is some sort of behind the back maneuver to oust Bill.

I think them being seen together at the league meetings and linking that to Bill being replaced is stretching things a bit. However, I do think that the first name on many peoples' list if/when Bill decides to leave will be King Karl...

35. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Are you sure that bum isn't a diva?

MikeHoncho likes this.
  36. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    :theman:Bill Parcells
    the Big Tuna that became a Dolphin. got to love the guy

37. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    this is also why i have maintained that this year IS a win NOW year .... it is not year 3 of a 5 year plan ....

we are looking to sign veterans and draft players (not much of a change i know). but we are down to a just a few positions (OLB, S, WR) - and depth (OLB, ILB, S, DE, NT, T) that still need to be addressed. OLB to me is the key, as i don't see anyone of the FA market that we can sign. S we 'could' sign IF Sharper is healthy enough, and WR we 'could' trade our 1st rd pick for Marshall after we trade down at least once to get more picks (we aren't trading Bryant for Austin -- albeit, i would gladly take that).

it would not surprise me one bit to see Parcells leave after this year .... but i am not much interested in Peterson as a replacement; however, with the success we are going to have over the next couple years -- i am not thinking that Peterson would change much with regard to the coaching staff or management, at least in the near term.

i left TE out of the equation, as i do believe we can be successful with what we have in house (another year of development for Nalbone, Sperry and Haynos will produce dividends), and we are good for RB this year .... its next year that that position will have to be looked at via FA or draft not this year.

38. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Much ado over nothing:
    ....."Ross is all about enhancing the fan experience.

As proof, he recently became an investor in the Kangaroo TV system that’s been used at the stadium for a couple of seasons. The handle held television device is being re-branded as GameDay Vision, and Ross is trying to sell it to the rest of the NFL’s teams. He and former Chiefs GM Carl Petterson, another investor, have a sales pitch set up for Tuesday’s session with the owners and league officials.".....
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/?s=kangaroo
    If they were planning a presentation together, one could assume that they might actually spend significant time together...even if they weren't old friends.
    But on the other hand it's a lot more fun for the media to stir up some controversy.

39. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there

Maybe the guy on our left can play a few notes of Glory Days when we win our next Superbowl.:hi5:

MrClean likes this.