1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells wants young players to grow together

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phinphever, Aug 8, 2008.

1. phinphever

phinphever Punk, Make My Day!!

Dec 20, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    Good article, but I see it as BIll saying no to Pennington.

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#1

Ben Maller's NFL rumorsby FS

Another week, another former Bill Parcells quarterback who may be joining the Dolphins. A source said Thursday that the Dolphins have reached out to the agent of quarterback Chad Pennington, who was released Thursday afternoon by the Jets following the Brett Favre trade. Last week, former Cowboys quarterback Quincy Carter was brought to Davie for a private try-out with the Dolphins, though he left town without a contract. On Thursday, in an interview with CBS reporter Lesley Visser, Parcells did not deny having an interest in Pennington. "I never rule out anything," Parcells said, "but what people have to realize about Miami is where in this world we are right now. We're trying to build this team preferably with young players that could maybe grow up together, and by the time we're finished, we hope we have a pretty good product and that the maturing didn't take that long." -- Palm Beach Post

This makes me think they will take a long look at him like they did Carter, but in the end they wont sign him.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
    mullingan likes this.
  2. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    I agree. We know that this year it is very unlikely we will be competitive enought to make any big waves in the ocean of the NFL. We might, but unlikely. IMO, Bill will go with what we have, try to get Beck ready and starting and if he can't hack it go with McCown. If McCown is playing instead of Beck later in the season, I could see us letting Henne get some in game experience. I really think this year is for Beck and Henne to mature and see where we are. Starting MCCown or Pennington for that matter, just to get a couple of extra wins will not achieve what the staff is trying to achieve. Get a young group of guys some time to gel and become a team.

3. RalphX19X

RalphX19X >:)

Nov 23, 2007
    Miami
    I agree. Also leads me to believe Beck will get a shot to start and if he falters McCown will hold the fort until Henne can go. I dont think Beck will falter though. :)