1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells working wonders for fifth time

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Miami - Pro Football Weekly

It is not yet a theme song in Miami, but if the Dolphins need one, they could reword a popular children’s show theme to “Bill the Builder, Yes He Can!’’ and have it just about right.
    Bill Parcells is now working on his fifth NFL reclamation project and is already ahead of schedule. He is doing in Miami what he previously did with the Giants, Patriots, Jets and Cowboys. He’s using a tried-and-true formula to turn a loser into an instant winner.

1334, BrazForPhins, RevRick and 7 others like this.
  2. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Great article; thanks FFIC....love him or hate him, there's no denying he knows how to build a winner. In spite of all the critical remarks concerning his alleged nomadic nature, IMO he only left because he didn't have the autonomy he wanted. Well he has it here, so he may stick around for awhile.

....Sorry; I can't resist any longer
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA16sqCusbY&feature=related]YouTube - bob the builder theme tune[/ame]

Fin Fan In Cali and njfinfan like this.
  3. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Thanks John, nice article! :up:

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  4. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    yep, he is nomadic, though as a coach that is easier to happen than as VP of football operations.

With the authority and control he's got here, there's no way in my mind he stays for less than 5 years in Miami.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I could see either happening. I'm sure a lot will depend on non-football related matters.

I hope he stays for a long time though :)

6. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    good point. There's this possibility..depending on non-football related matters, such as health, family, etc

7. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    What's most impressive to me about his work over the years is that he goes into free agency and drafts knowing what he exactly wants and if he doesn't find what he exactly wants, he passes on it. In both FA and the draft, he uses the George Young scouting and grading guide. Which is basically that he goes in looking for players that fit the specific size, speed, toughness and character that he wants and if the player or prospect doesn't meet that criteria, Bill passes on him for the next guy. What's amazing is that he's been going by that since his Giants coaching days and til this day, he still goes by that.