1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parkey wins Special Team player of the week

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The kicking carousel in the NFL can move in strange ways, as illustrated by the sequence of events that led Cody Parkey to the Dolphins this season.

The Dolphins once cut Caleb Sturgis in order to make Andrew Franks their kicker and Sturgis wound up replacing Parkey as the kicker in Philadelphia after Parkey was injured in 2015. Parkey moved on to the Browns last year and got beat out this summer, which meant he was free to join the Dolphins and push Franks out of a job in Miami.

Playing musical chairs worked out for the Dolphins last Sunday. Parkey made four field goals in his Dolphins debut, including three in the final 17:43 to erase a 17-10 Chargers lead and send the Dolphins home as 19-17 winners in their delayed opener to the season.

Parkey also made an extra point in a performance that led the NFL to make him the AFC special teams player of the week and likely stopped the carousel from spinning again in Miami in the immediate future.

KeyFin, CashInFist and Dol-Fan Dupree like this.
  2. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Just now dropped Wil Lutz (Booming NO Saints Kicker) for Cody Parkey in FF!

MIAMI DOLPHINS I BELIEVE!!!!!!!

3. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    merge with my post

4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I won't lie...I was nervous and yelling at the TV every time the kid stepped up to make an attempt. He was money though and deserved the honors.

5. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Sorry Dirty I didn't see your post down below.