1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pasqualoni's Take On Bell & Other Dolphins Stuff

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by alen1, Sep 4, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Link: Miami Dolphins | Sun-Sentinel Blogs: Dolphins Daily Wrap - Thursday

First off, I want to say credit goes to joeydolfan in the Club Level for digging this up for us.

Pasqualoni's first impressions of Yeremiah Bell:

Pasqualoni said that the defense's success hinges on Yeremiah Bell and I have to agree with him. Bell is one of two players who will need to be productive for our defense to have success, the other being Jason Ferguson. I can't really add much to what Pasqualoni said about Bell in the quote above.

In the same article, Ted Ginn was talked about. He was asked about how he felt handling WR duties, KR duties and PR duties. He said hes "cool" with it and has been doing it his whole career. He said "they know what I can do." Bess is expected to be the number two return guy for the Dolphins. He said that he didn't pay much attention to critics such as the fans who booed his drafting at the ninth overall spot.

Moving along, Sparano wasn't sure on the starter opposite of Ginn, saying he couldn't decide between Camarillo and Hagan. It sounds like Camarillo may actually be starting for us. I personally didn't expect it, I figured he was getting a look and he could be the slot but that may not be the case. Sparano said that Hagan made some pretty good catches in Thursday's practice. I think that Hagan will start but I could very well be wrong. Hagan has impressed me this training camp especially when at one point, every receiver dropped a pass but Hagan. He hasn't impressed on Sundays after a good training camp in the past but that could change this year. We'll have to see. As for Camarillo, I think he's a good player to be honest. Like I said earlier, I didn't think he would/could be a starter but I guess its possible. He runs good routes, has good hands and good speed.

At the defensive line, the article says that the top six defensive linemen will all be used this week. They will be rotating to keep everyone fresh. I think this is a smart move considering the heat will be a factor in this game. I want to see what Merling can do for us and I'm expecting to see a lot from him. He's going to be something special for us. Soliai has impressed thus far and I'm looking forward to seeing him out there. I'm hoping he can make plays like he did in the goal line stand against Jacksonville, where he forced a fumble. Another guy that I'm interested in seeing is Starks. He hasn't really done much from what I can remember since he has came here. I do recall him having a sack in the first pre-season game though and it was a good one. Langford really impresses me and I really think he's going to be a good player in this league. He's versatile, can play both Tackle and End, has a high motor and reads plays well. One thing that stood out in his time at Hampton was him against the run. As many of us know, our rushing defense was terrible last year. Langford helped Hampton have one of the best rush defenses while he was on the field. In 234 defensive-rushing plays he took part in, the opposition had 63 total yards. That's an average of 0.27 yards per carry. I think that he can help us a lot in that part of the defense. I'm also interested in seeing his pass-rushing moves.

Many of us thought that Satele would learn a lot from facing Ferguson this off-season and it looks like Satele has done just that. He says that he's learned techniques and about leverage. I think this will help in the continued development of Satele into a Pro Bowl Center. He got beat a lot of times by Ferguson this off-season and I think it helped him become a better player.