1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pat Turner being taught by Brandon Marshall?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Jun 18, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-turner-dolphins-0620-20100618,0,768973.story

Well, I typically do not like puff pieces like this one, however I've speculated in the past that Brandon Marshall could be a real help for Pat Turner simply because large Wr's have to learn different skills to make it in the NFL.

The way a 6'4 Wr has to escape the jam at the line of scrimmage, the way they have to learn how to present a target for the QB by using their size to screen off a NFL quality Defensive Back, footwork on the sideline for reception.

Pat Turner imho has to improve on his strength, he is an inch taller than BMarsh, but weighs 10 pds less than BMarsh, Pat Turner's time at USC did not serve him well, but it is good that he already has learned the offense as typically a raw Wr just takes time to learn the plays and their responsibilites in that offense.

I do know that whomever lines up across from BMarsh will have a world of opportunities open for them to make plays.

2. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I think Marshall would be good for Turner. I don't know how he would see any playing time but I think he would better for him learning from Marshall.

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, in the BMarsh "miked up" NFL/Youtube segment BMarsh mentioned he had Ashmougha set up for a go route, one that he did get open on but Orton would throw:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdJJ8INsbH4"]YouTube- Sound FX: Brandon Marshall mic'd up[/ame]

And notice how Brandon Marshall uses his hands to push/pull the cornerback to get open? That is the sort of move Turner has to learn to be a big Wr in the NFL and BMarsh is just the fella to teach Turner how to use his hands and get open.

Pandarilla likes this.
  4. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Unlike some others here I am still holding out hope for Turner. The kid is just starting his second season. I see no reason to completly write him off yet.

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    AFAIK, no one has given up on Pat Turner, he remains a fine prospect.

However my preference is for RGM and Roberto Wallace with Julius Pruitt a close third, if Turner can get that USC/underachiever stank off of him then maybe he can play a bit for us, but Carrol's USC has just minted some massive underachievers at Wr.

gafinfan likes this.
  6. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Competition brings out the best in players,hope one of our young guys step up.

7. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

With the coaches help and Brandon Marshall's help, Turner COULD turn into another Brandon Marshall. If that happened, we would be unstoppable on offense!

8. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Thanks for the sound fx youtube of Marshall (the play where dude loses his pants is funny). Marshall sounds really loose on the field. He'll be fun when he's mic'd up in Miami.

9. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    It's Tommy Kelly who losses his pants and funny as hell.
    I LMAFO the first time I saw that clip.

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    That is a good point, in fact how long has it been since the Dolphins had a star quality player who would be miked up by NFLN?

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I was beginning to wonder when he'd start to develop some punting accuracy... :shifty:

12. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    We had two already, one just gets hurt too much... NFL fans would love to hear both Ronnie and Ricky miked up during some wildcat plays. The Fins running the WC is one the most exciting things going on in the league.

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And yet even in 2009, no one was deemed worthy of being miked up.

14. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Which is surprising because the sports networks have had no problem giving our WC offense quite a bit of air time. Hell they even have sound effects for it when they comment on it and show highlights

15. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin Active Member

Pat Turner learning from Brandon Marshall makes me wonder, "What the hell is WR coach doing?"

Looking at the crappy production from all of the Dolphins WR's, seriously WTH?

16. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    There is this piece that has him in practice, and he pulls that push pull move, it is so effective, he just is lightening quick with his hands at the line....against DBs.

17. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

I doubt Parcells and Co. allows players to be Mic'ed up.....maybe, but you often hear how HBO knew the only team they could NEVER get on Hard Knocks was any team Bill Parcells was apart of.

To the topic though I remember when Marshall came in the league he was working out with Javon Walker who had a great "hands routine" i remember seeing a peice on it a few years back, nice to see him trying to help Pat, because IMO he has one foot out the door already.

18. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I just hope he isn't giving him relationship advice.

19. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

3 minutes =

Thank god we've got brandon marshall.

Around 3:30 =

Great locker room chemistry.

Press conference for his arrival =

I honestly believe he's serious guys. He's made mistakes, and they're in the past. We are gonna light some mother ****ers up this year with him. Dear god you've answered my prayers.

Also, if Marsh can help Turner.. Or Hartline.. :omg:

Check these stats out.

Marshall
    REC 101 YDS 1,120 AVG 11.1 TDS 10
    Hartline

REC 31 YDS 506 AVG 16.3 TDS 3
    Bess
    REC 130 YDS 1,312 AVG 10.1
    Ronnie
    ATT YDS AVG LONG TD
    928 4,081 4.4 65 31

Ricky
    2,164 8,892 4.1 68 62
    Tell me a reason based off projection, and this arm:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djFYGcxTY1E"]YouTube- Chad Henne 50 yd pass to Ted Ginn Jr[/ame]

Why we shouldn't be excited?

PS. Ted Ginn man. ST ace, and with a QB who can get it there.. I think his relationship just soured down in MIA. Best of luck in SF. Crabtree, Gore, Davis, Ginn.. Tell me that ain't hot?

If any of you turn those awesome stats into a ginn bashing thread I swear to god I'm coming through the screen. Not really, but I will be pissed.

20. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah, even for a lot of high round pick WRs, it can sometimes take 3 years for them to develop and be really effective. With a guy like Turner, it's going to take some time. I definitely think Marshall will have a good effect on Turner. Even if he doesn't give him verbal tutelage, which I'm sure he will, just by watching him everyday will help.