1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pat White completes a nice 50 yard pass in mini camp

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, May 5, 2009.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    padre31 likes this.
  2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    One 50 yard completion in practice doesn't make Pat White an NFL QB overnight. But you are right, the best QB will win.

3. TreyTime

TreyTime New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    If you watched the Senior Bowl he had a nice 50 yd TD pass in the game to a Ole Miss reciever (forget the name). I think it was actually a 39 yd play, but where Pat was standing and where the ball landed it went 50 yds through the air. But yeah, the kid can chuck, watch the combine for that as well.

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Your thinking of Mike Wallace from Ole Miss. That pass showed pretty good arm strength but all Pat White had to do was lob it because Wallace absolutely blew by Cincinnati's DeAngelo Smith on the go route.

I do think that White has a good enough arm to be a QB in this league. However, I wonder about his ability to throw on difficult routes down field and read defenses. All I've seen from him so far - i have another tape to watch on him - is screen passes, go routes and skinny posts but the wide receiver was wide open. I also think that he really needs to improve on looking off the defensive backs to create separation for his targets. He's just as bad at that as Mark Sanchez is, which is pretty bad IMO. Despite those concerns, I don't expect his full-time future to be at QB so I'm not too worried about it.

5. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    One pass does not make a QB

And I would rather have 3 good QB's than what we had after Marino.

Big E likes this.
  6. TreyTime

TreyTime New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Doug Flutie says what's up.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  7. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Well, in all fairness, he was better than a one pass QB, he just had one of the greatest one passes ever!:up:

Big E, unluckyluciano and MonstBlitz like this.
  8. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    this is what will go through his head on difficult routes down field: "should i make the difficult throw, or run the ball and juke my way to the endzone?....i choose option B". lol

9. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    don't forget about the drop kick field goal! lol and the flutie flakes.

10. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    :lol:

Love this time of year.

A guy completes one pass in a minicamp without pads and he's deemed a future HOF QB. GREAT Material, you can't write better comedy.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  11. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    can you show me where the words "future HOF QB" was used in this thread?

12. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Come on now, I am a fan of Pat White, but it way too soon to deem him the successor to Penny. Lets watch and enjoy his development. Using that same logic, he also threw multiple interceptions in minicamp. Does that mean he is a bust? Nope.

13. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    You might as well just do say it when you start a thread with a title of
    "Pat White completes one pass!" and then insinuate Penny and Henne should be worried. Like I said, comical.

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  14. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    can you show me where i said penny should be worried? your accusations are comical. i insinuated that henne should be worried whenever Pennington is out of the picture, Pat White has already got the advantage b/c of his wild cat abilities. as a matter of fact, i believe Pat White will be listed as the #2 QB in a handful of games b/c of the 3 QB rule, but that's another story for another thread. I don't watch college football, therefore i don't know much about college players. I didn't know Pat White had a strong arm until i watched the video in the link i provided. So in my mind, henne and white both have strong arms, but white brings more to the table b/c of the wild cat. this is why i think henne should be worried WHEN PENNINGTON IS OUT OF THE PICTURE! translation: whenever Pennington retires, or we don't resign him.

15. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think he was joking about Henne and Pennington being worried. I might be wrong.

Joking in the sense of like... "Haha here comes Pat White" and saying he made a nice pass.

16. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I can go back YEARS and find posts such as these where fans assume some guy is going to be a stud player in the NFL based on a couple non pressure performances, with no pads on, and no formations or schemes to read, etc, etc.

That's my point.
    Starting a thread because you saw someone throw one pass in a mini camp and trying to build that into some type of solid proof to a players future is comical. Go to enough practices and you'd probably see Sporano complete a nice pass to someone in warm ups...... Take him off the sidelines and put him in pads!

17. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i can go back years and find posts of people misinterpreting other posters as well.

18. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, there is nothing wrong with being a optimistic fan, one of White's issues was supposed to be that his arm is weakish, if he hits on a 50yd pass then great.

But unless we trade Pennington, he is not going anywhere up the depth chart anytime soon.,,

Heck, the Phins are even coming to my neck of woods this year, with luck I "hope" I can watch them beat the Panthers are home.

19. TreyTime

TreyTime New Member

Apr 29, 2009

He threw one, his first pass. None after.

20. TreyTime

TreyTime New Member

Apr 29, 2009

Pennington shouldn't be worried. It's his last year regardless so it doesn't matter.

Henne on the other hand, should be. I've said this in another thread, everything about Henne is what happened on the practice field and what the front office HOPES he can do on the real field. Next year while Henne is holding onto a clipboard, Pat White will be on the real field. And if he starts making plays, Henne needs to be worried.

21. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Not everything. Henne looked pretty sharp at the end of the Arizona game. Made some really nice looking throws. Granted the game was out of reach, but there was still plenty of time left on the clock.

22. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    who threw the other ones.. they reported Clemons got two in the same day.. on the third day too I thought

dolfan32323 likes this.
  23. TreyTime

TreyTime New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    The day one article only mentioned the pick six on day one. The day two article said he threw none. Then day three said nothing about him. Maybe I should've rephrased to "Only one that I know of."

cnc66 likes this.