1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pat white vs Tenessee

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan40, Aug 14, 2013.

1. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That 4th quarter is similar to how I'd like to see RT develop in our offense. Now granted White was playing against a D that wasn't getting much penetration. But the basic concepts of the pistol were in play. I liked how White was decisive in his runs. He didn't take any hits while running the ball. He had a couple of sideline runs one where the CB had followed the WR deep (much like you might expect would happen with Wallace). The other was a well read read-option. White took the easy yards and stepped out of bounds way before anybody could hit him. He had that one run up the middle for the TD when everyone was covered and the middle was wide open. He hit a couple of guys on outs and had that WR down the seam (the drop). RT could complete those same passes, but with a bit more zip than White did. Of course, White has a ton more experience making those run/pass reads so he should be better at being decisive there. That's where I'd like to see RT develop. That combined with RT's better ability from within the pocket would be tough to defend against.

Bpk and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  2. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    Too far :no:

lol

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Agree, with the proviso he avoids contact. Slide way before being hit. Step outta bound way before contact.

I think the Phins plan to use this more. Wallace recently mentioned how exciting it is when they go 5 wide in a spread and no one in the backfield... and then added something about what that would be like at the goal line, IIRC. I expect Tannehill to run a few TDs in from the 5 yard line using that spread approach.

4. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Did you see that Fiedler guy light us up in the playoffs, enroute to a 62-7 thrashing? Let's steal him from the Jags...

Oh...wait...WE DID!!!!! ...........

Bpk likes this.