1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patrick Turner (WR) USC. Highlights

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Section126, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDJCgQLrvl4"]YouTube - USC WR #1 Patrick Turner 2008 Highlights[/ame]

Frumundah Finnatic and gunn34 like this.
  2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I dont get it. Why was this guy considered to be such a late pick? He had a good season, hes huge.

Is it really just that he went to USC?

3. Tiki

Tiki New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I will get the low down on this kid. My assistant is a MONSTER USC FAN, has been for years, he goes to every game, he knows the team extremely well with football smarts.

Will get a sense of this guy and post something at the beginning of the week.

4. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    from a draft magazine i have, he is slow and has almost zero burst off the line. And they say he is considered an underachiever while at USC. they compared him to Mike Williams.

5. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    So this our replacement for Boldin huh? ****move, ****ty player seeing about 10 other Wideouts were picked ahead of him.

Im not liking the movies this season at all. Davis is the only real good pick, and possible white though Chad Henning might disagree.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    not true
    4.6-40, excellent speed for a WR 6'5&1/4" @225 lbs
    was the #1 high school WR in the country going into college

underachiever@ UCLA

certainly has potential, great red-zone target

I like the pick

7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Speed is extremely overrated. Yes I said it.

What is the difference between a 4.40 and a 4.60? In 40 yards it's probably less than half a step, if anyone has exact numbers then please share them.

What is far more important is your ability to beat the press, run a good route and be open. If you catch the ball 15 yards down the field and get tackled right away it isn't a big deal.

8. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
  9. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida

I gotta disagree.

The Wrestler, Milk, Frost/Nixon, and of course The Dark Knight were great flicks.

10. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I dont care what anyone says. This guy scored 10 touchdowns last season and is huge for a wideout. This is the type of reciever we needed. I see potential here.

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I would have prefered Iglesias, but Turner is a solid pick.

12. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Excellent.

13. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I LOVE that pick. I had him in my mock at 5, possibly 4, for awhile now, but I replaced him last minute because with A. Kelly because I didn't think he'd fall that far. This is a great pick. We really need that bigger, go-up-and-get-it, red zone threat kind of guy. I really hope he works out. Imagine if he works out and B. London steps up? We could have a pretty good to great receiving core. At least the potential is there. ;)

14. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    That does play a role in his draft rankings. The only real bust from USC has been WR's as of late.

I see the WR core shaping up like this...

1) Ted
    2) Cam (Could slide quick with an average training camp.)
    3) Bess
    4) Turner ( I think he becomes our #2 within 2 seasons.)
    5) Brandon London or Brian Hartline

If the Turner kid can block in the NFL, he will get to set a lot more action early in his career. He could find the field quite a bit in 2 WR sets.

He should be a goaline threat from day 1, much like we needed last season in the opening game vs. the JESTERS.

I know it takes great players 2 season to get back to being great after a major knee injury. It kinda makes me think that Cam could be on his way down the depth chart and might be out the door next season. His contract is small and easy to unload into a CAP.

I like Cam...but he better be ready for training camp battles.

Ginn & Bess are the only 2 safe WR's on the team...We need Ginn's speed and Bess just makes plays. He might be our best WR this season, If he was on a pass happy team like the Pats. He could have 80+ catches easy...

BTW...Turner will be ready to play from day 1. He comes from a Pro Style Offense...

15. surferosa

surferosa Balance and Vision

Mar 23, 2008
    According to the Patrick Turner interview, he compares his game most to Marques Colston. I think thats actually a very good, fair comparison -- especially since Colston was a second day pick himself. Hes got a huge frame, isnt lightning fast but has functional speed to seperate and make plays.

This is a pick I can get behind....

16. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    He's really a poor man's Dwayne Jarrett. Slow and struggles to get separation. Also has a few dropsies in his career. But he's a perfect Dorrell WR.