1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pats setting up for Luck, ESPN Insider....

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by finyank13, May 3, 2011.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Who ever gets the #1 pick will likely be a QB needy team and WONT pass on Luck. Now if a team like the Panthers ends up with the #1 overall pick then that pick will go to the highest bidder. NE has the ammo but im not sure that is in their plans. Infact I doubt it is.

finyank13 likes this.
  3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Thanks a bunch bro....you insider you......

MarinePhinFan and SICK like this.
  4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Insider?? No.

Genuis?? Yea sorta.

finyank13 likes this.
  5. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It’s highly possible, at the minimum. They can legitimately offer next year’s #1 overall team two first round picks, two second round picks, and Ryan Mallett. And most GMs would take that, especially since whatever character problems Mallett has in the background were largely negated when the “clean” and “savvy” Patriots drafted him.

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008

Dont see it. Offering a non QB hungry team that (-Mallett) may work, but your not getting a team with no QB off Andrew Luck imo. Lets wait and see who ends up with the #1 pick before we start with the "Luck to the Patriots" theory.

MrClean likes this.
  7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Depends on the team. Some teams don’t value quarterbacks (like us). Some teams may think the extra high picks are worth moving down for even if they have a need at QB, since the Pats’ drafting Mallett would presumably clear their concerns about him. Or they could just be idiots like the Raiders who’ll take any sucker deal the Patriots send their way.

8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    I dunno, Cleveland will also have 2 1sts and to me they are the team I could see maybe making a play if a Carolina type team picks #1. Its not like ole Billy to sell the farm for one player.

All I know is this. Whoever has that #1 pick essentially has a winning lotto ticket one way or the other. If I could stomach another 2-14 season it would be this year because basically we would solve 2 major problems on our team.

1.) A franchise QB
    2.) A new coach and GM.

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If they have a rookie cap set next season, why in the world would you trade out if you're at #1 and can draft Luck?

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Just another example of how whatever the pats do, ESPN and the NFL media loves it.

Check this out:

Of course, elsewhere "what a reach!" with the patriots..future value play!

Eh, used to it by now.

11. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Agreed with this. Though I wouldn’t mind keeping Ireland. He can find players, he just has a blind spot for the QB position (which would be corrected by a new HC who actually cares about that spot.)

I’m starting to doubt there’s going to be a rookie cap.

12. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Just ESPN making ridiculous titles for page hits.

13. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    What in Patriots history makes people think they're stocking up to blow their wad on a single player? NOTHING the Patriots do screams one man show...they change RB's like I change underwear, they won't pay their all pro linemen, they bring in Randy Moss, and cut him for the fun of it.

The Patriots game is all about picking the right piece for the right price, and coaching them up. I guess it's POSSIBLE..but IMO HIGHLY unlikely.

Besides, why spend a stack of 1st's on a franchise QB when they can get one in the 6th round....

14. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    If they want to expend all their draft picks to replace Tom Brady, I'm okay with that. It depletes their pool of incoming rookies and gets rid of Tom Brady sooner than later. Luck might turn out to be a pro-bowler some day, but the odds of him being better than Brady are slim.

Given that, I don't see the patsies doing this, just speculation.

15. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I can't believe people are taking this "article" by "shefty" seriously. This is why ESPN is horrible. Just nonsensical headlines that people buy into that have no bearing on fact. Right now and right here I will state that if Andrew Luck ends up in a Patriots uniform next year, I'll have a Tom Brady avatar for a year. It's NOT going to happen.

16. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    No one is trading Luck unless a team (Rams, Panthers) with a young franchise type quarterback is picking #1. Even then, they won't want to drop too far down the ladder. Any team with even a slight need at quarterback will take him. This is more Patriot knob gobbling by an obsessed media.

17. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Not a chance in hell, anyone willing to give up Luck is foolish.