1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pats trade Seymour to Raiders for 1st rounder

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by SCall13, Sep 6, 2009.

1. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Five-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Richard Seymour has been traded from the New England Patriots to the Oakland Raiders, giving the rebuilding franchise a veteran stalwart up front.

In return, the Patriots received a first-round draft choice in 2011.

Man they just keep stocking up on picks. Makes me sick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4450767

Jt0323 likes this.
  2. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    why would the raiders make this trade? it just baffles me... a team that could have a top 10 pick and well now its going to the pats, Richard Seymour is not going to make them a playoff team now

3. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

They're the Raiders. ...and Al Davis just might be a little senile. :tongue2:

4. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I'm still trying to figure out why it is a 2011 pick instead of 2010??

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    They have like 4 second rounders in '10 - maybe the Pats are trying to spread it around it a bit and dont want to spend that much money in a single year?

Regardless, good trade for them IF Brace/Burgess can fill the gap. With their LB corps downgrading, they will start playing more 4-3 with Burgess, Brace, Wilfork and Warren on the line.

This also frees up money they can use to pay Vince, and at this point Vince>Seymour.

Belichecks eye for talent is average imo, but the man knows how to swing a deal like nobody else.