1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patsies at Saints MNF thread

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by padre31, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Right, because someone else going undefeated makes ours any less meaningful. :rolleyes:

Like I said, it's a different game today.

It's pretty sad to question my fandom based on my opinion on something that happened 37 years ago (1.5 lifetimes ago in my case).

Frumundah Finnatic and SICK like this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    anyone think we have a good chance to beat NE? they were coming off a bye week to prepare for us last time....and we were in the game all along.

this time they have a short week coming up against us.....and they are coming off 2 big losses.......including a embarassment tonight on national tv.......we have a chance boys.

but ****.......losing yesterday is ****ing heart breaking :pity:

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    BS Adamp, Jeter also has how many WS rings now? 4? Do you think he had a shrine set up to the 27 yankees in the corner of his condo?

Nope, he is about winning...now.

And therein is the problem, the current phins have not won anything, but they should be focused on doing so.

Not I my man, we have a shot at back to back playoff appearances for the first time since Wanny, that is what is at stake, and as has been mentioned, the current charges played the Saints and Colts and lost both games, it is out of their hands now.

All good my man, and I have the 1972 and 1973 Penants up on the wall and the autographs of all of the HoF 1972 players.

Still looking for the 1971 Dolphins v Cowboys one though.

The current team though, has a shot with all of the youngsters and our first Qb who could be a Franchise type player, I'm not willing to see that just sort of peter away.

Brady with yet another Int.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  4. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Wow the Patriots went down worse then we did against New Orleans. Let's beat them next week! That would feel so damn good, to give the Pats a 5th loss, the same they had last year WITHOUT Brady. Remember the crying? "Well the Phins only won cause we didn't have Brady..."

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    tonight is their 5th loss no?

edit: your right they are 7-3 my bad

6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Many might say Favre or Manning.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, we are a hungry team, the patsies will be hungry after being shown up on MNF, Sunday should be a real battle.

Making the pats one dimensional by going up early seems to be the key.

8. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but dude. the fros were epic. noone will ever have fros like they did in 72 again

SICK likes this.
  9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    4th, if we had won in Buffalo and had went 6-5 then Sunday would have been for the AFCE crown.

But still, win that game and we are in the middle of the WC hunt the Patsies have become merely another AFC team that if we win, it helps in the tie breakers.

10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i was born in 1987...............................:shifty:

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Patsies are 0-4 on the road this season..

Hmm....:shifty:

12. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I think most people want the Saints and Colts to lose one game. But not if they have a chance to help us out against a division rival. I love the Perfect Season, I went crazy cheering for the Giants to beat the Pats in 07. But there is still plenty of time for the Saints/Colts to lose a game, no reason to cheer for the Patriots.

...and we came close to beating BOTH of them which would have preserved our own record ourselves, and we screwed up.

Stitches, adamprez2003 and SICK like this.
  13. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    Like to see Brees go deep and hit it =)

14. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    randy moss gunna fight a hippie!!! hahha crumble patriots......crummmbbbllleeee

adamprez2003 likes this.
  15. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    By getting in Marsha's face.

16. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    but you look like you were born in 1897 :escape2:

love you

adamprez2003 and SICK like this.
  17. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i have nothing to counter.............

unluckyluciano likes this.
  18. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    well aside from padre and a few others, the majority of the people who are sick of the 72 record are twenty somethings which means sadly that they have suffered the worst period for the dolphins arguably in their history. they just want to finally see their team win meaningful games. i think the 72 team is a reminder of present failures. you know, the "how far we've fallen" aqrgument. my feeling is if we win one super bowl then the 72 team wont be so much a reminder of our current futility and hopefully the twenty somethings will want it preserved again. I guarantee you that if either the saints or colts were to make the SB undefeated there would be posters rooting for them to win and m,y bet is they would be twenty something or younger

unluckyluciano likes this.
  19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, tbh, the Colts are sort of our Fullback on the way to the Wildcard:

Titans
    Jags
    Broncos

Wins in those games really help our playoff chances, even if we lose this weekend.

20. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Brady benched, lawlz.

Brees is playing better than either one IMO

21. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    iam 22......never seen us in a superbowl let alone win one. named my son zach thomas, i bleed....and i mean ****ing bleed miami dolphins.

i dont think its fair to call out all 20-something year old guys......like you said we have lived through the absolute pissy **** water of our franchise, and still love them with every single ounce of our being.......

i think it shows alot that we are so hardcore, regardless of the pain we've gone through. i dont wanna be lumped into the group of people disrespecting the past dolphins greats....and i cheered my balls off for the giants to beat the patriots for the pure fact to keep the 72 phins alive and well.....

i just think, week 12.....is a little early to root for the ****ty patriots who i loathe......because of a record that holds no barring imo to our current team and situation :up:

22. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    The problem is we don't have a secondary like the Saints. Plus we don't have the ability to score at any time.

23. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sick, we are not a SB calibur team, not even close, even if we make the playoffs we won't be in there very long.

However, Henne, he is the key to everything, the experience of a playoff push and maybe a playoff game will do wonders for his confidence and his learning curve.

Marino was over a decade ago, we need a Franchise Qb, the best way to see what we have in Henne is to put him in situations that matter, not some meaningless "play out the string" games, but hot games, like this one against the Patriots, he may suck but he will learn how be an NFL Qb.

BTW, we did copy what the Jest did in week 4 with Saints, fullhouse blitzes, then we stopped in the 2nd half, this time around DC P had best have been taking notes. as to what the Saints did to the Patsies on defense.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  24. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i never said we were a super bowl calibur team :lol:

25. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Doesn't it say something that the Dolphins are still one of the more popular franchises across the world, even though we haven't won a Super Bowl since the 70s? We're up there with the Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Giants, Colts, Patriots, 49ers in terms of popularity. Well the Pats are mostly bandwagon, since they didn't win one before 2001 like all the other teams on this list, and were not nearly as popular.

People do care about the perfect season, even people in their 20s. I put it in my signature now to prove it! Now...I hope the Saints lose next week after a fun win tonight.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  26. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Well if I had to breakdown the team I'd say we need more depth at the Oline, Playmaker at Receiver and Tight End, a true NT, Do it all Inside LB, get younger at OLB, younger at safety, and someone that return both Punts and Kicks.

I'd say we are 2-3 years from actually contending if we draft well.

27. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    i respect that. i never said all twenty somethings. i just said the ones who tend to trash the 72 team are twenty something. doesnt mean they are representative of the whole.

i also agree that anyone your age who has made it this far still being a fan of the team deserves immense praise. you really havent had the good times that come with winning and you guys deserve it more than most just for staying true to this team during the bad years

the best scenario would be if we build a colossal juggernaut in miami and which is the second team in the nfl to go undefeated in both regular and post season. i would lov e nothing better than to have two teams to point to that were perfect. who knows, i think we have a shot at our own undefeatewd season in a couple of years

dolphindebby and SICK like this.
  28. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No, I disagree, the Oline and Dline are fine, we do need a ILB and NT we still have to see what Soliai has to offer.

As for Wr, the Saints had all late round picks and UDFA types with #1 pick Meachum and they traded for Shockey, they merely plugged those players in because they had a Qb already.

29. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

this just in.

patriots got their *** kicked.

:woot:

30. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Always nice to see the Patriots get blown out :lol:

dolphindebby likes this.
  31. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

"i have something important to say.......its a big breaking news bulletin........tom brady is a *****.....and the patriots got raped like a whales vagina (that means 'san diego') on national tv"

32. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I said depth at Oline. We can't have scrubs filling in.

We have some nice DE's but not enough depth at NT.

33. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    wonder how many threads on jetsnation will have the jets going to the superbowl tomorrow. i can just see it. if sanchez palys error free we can run the table and shock the world :lol:

34. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    "they are alot better than us" -- cheater

we should've beat the ****in saints....damnit

35. Dolphins1Beatles

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Do some Phins fans really trash the 72 Dolphins? Why would a fan trash their own championship team? I've never heard a Dolphin fan trash them...because I would curse them out if I did. They are in the minority.

I have one of those "2-Time super bowl champions" hats. Why would people trash them? We haven't been to a Super Bowl since the 80s, that "2 Time SB Champs" merch is all we have!

dolphindebby, adamprez2003 and SICK like this.
  36. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    :lol: :lol:for some reason that made me laugh

37. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I have to say I was impressed with Malcolm Jenkins overall tonight.

38. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I have been a Dolphin fan since there was a team and the 72-73 team will ALWAYS be something special. We were FIRST and so far the only team to run the table but I have to say The Saints this year are really good and what we watched tonight was a damn good QB in his zone, I hope they win it all for they surely deserve the chance! Hopfully they will lose one regular season game along the way. Damn they were good tonight and to think we could have had Brees, I hate you Whiney/Satan!:wink2:

dolphindebby likes this.
  39. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007

That is exactly why that freaking game was just as difficult to watch as a MIA loss.

We should've had the team that blew up the Patriots, and the Saints were healthy when we played them.

I'm feeling like crap now, reminded again of the Saint game, one day removed from loosing to BUF the way we did.

%$&#*^$^#* :sad:

40. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I, for one, don't live in the past. I am proud of our past. Reveling in it, sure, we're the only perfect team. We had some great ball players and the greatest coach ever.
    I've always wished we would be the team to break the record, if it can be done.
    Without this history, we would be just another football franchise. But, we're not, our franchise is special and so our the guys that got that record for us. And those guys still, to this day, support the team. How many other teams have that?
    So, all you youngun's let us older folk enjoy and love our esteemed past,
    remember it and relish in the fact, we were there with them all the way.:yes:
    I'm with this team all the way to. Never will stop.

What I wouldn't give to see Brady's & bellicheats faces during that game last night.

adamprez2003 likes this.