1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paul Soliai a Top Ten NT, Starks, Langford & Merling Lights Out

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatic8480, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    Yeap according to this site, Soliai is doing one heck of a job. Wonder if Ferguson gets replaced eventually this season. Some fans are saying our Dline looks better when Paul is in, What do you guys think?

Soliai has the tackles Fergy has in less playing time and some are saying he is really starting to draw double coverage. Anyways here are the Stats:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_...&pos=DT&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

Ok seriously the names ahead of Paul are all suppose to be there, the fact Soliai is up there is incredible and I would have never expected that. Wonder if we see him take Ferguson job?

Also please make sure to Check out the stats for 3-4 DE and notice Merling Langford and Starks who I think are all having tremendous a season.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_...pos=DE4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

Striking and Clipse like this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

i don't know, but we've faced some pretty good competition in Mangold and Saturday for him to be doing that well.

cnc66 likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Fergie is getting more penetration than Soliai has been getting, Fergie was doing a bit of a Jenkins impersonation against the Jets.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    According to this, we have the best 3-4 defensive line in football.

5. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    that would not shock me if we did. I think its the guys behind him who are struggling. We have one MLB and no safeties.

finz810 and Clipse like this.
  6. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Very interesting and thanks for sharing. I can't say I'm too shocked with Starks, Langford, and Merling all being in the top 10, but Solia does sort of come as a surprise. I have noticed that Solia has been playing very well this year. Our DL is great though, and very young. I have high hopes for them.

7. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm familiar with this website, it's pretty cool, especially from a combined statistics point a view.

A couple of things to remember: (1) These guys are fans just like us that run it, so sometimes their numbers may be a little bit off from the official numbers. Still, it's good to see the stats in near real-time, and this is the only site I've seen that does this. (2) Don't get too caught up the ratings. They use some type of proprietary ranking system, that, I'm guessing, has a lot to do with mathematical formula in Excel.

That said, check out where our friend Channing Crowder ranks as an ILB. Be prepared to scroll.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/by_...pos=ILB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numgames=1

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  8. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i don´t know about these rating, look where our oline players are sittin and at the moment that unit is dominating, long, carey smiley and thomas are way down the list, but check who is the best center BY FAR !!!!

9. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Ricky Williams listed as top RB while Ronnie is listed 7th.
    Polite is listed as top FB.

Jake Grove is listed as the top Center ,while Jake Long is listed as the 22nd LT,Carey as 7th.

Thomas listed as 46th and Smiley as 69th rated Gs

If you look at these stats one can credit our top ranked running game to our Center and FB and talented backs :wink2:

cnc66 likes this.
  10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    never doubted Soliai would become dominant @ NT
    however
    Fergie is a time sensitive item & we need two
    outstanding NT's to rotate the 3/4 defense

needs: NT & ILB
    maybe a WR, have wait to see how this bunch progresses

11. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i have been down on soliai since he first got here and felt we were thin at dt behind fergie.i am really glad he is turning it around and stepping up when we needed him this year so kudo's for him doing as well as he is.we still may need a nose next year depending on what happens with fergie but it's looking like it may not be as big a need as i originally thought at seasons start.heres to hoping he continues to progress.

12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    intresting stuff

13. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    One has to wonder if you will see more of Soliai on running plays.